• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No More Scheduling FCS Teams

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 should have made a rule during the offseason meetings to require at least 1 P5 opponent to be on all members ooc schedules every year..... For some unknown reason (remember, these are the same people that didn't have a tiebreaker in place with a 10 team conference heading into last year) they did not do that and decided to leave it in the hands of the individual schools....after sos clearly cost all members money last year by Baylor missing the playoffs due to their pathetic ooc slate.
Genius I tell ya.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after sos clearly cost all members money last year by Baylor missing the playoffs due to their pathetic ooc slate.
Genius I tell ya.

But… on the flip side… when future schedules were made, BU was building their program. They intentionally scheduled weak OOC to provide them an opportunity to qualify for a bowl.

This weak OOC allowed them to be favored… and dominate their OOC. An 11-1 regular season record qualified them for a berth in one of the New Year 6 bowls… which meant big money for the conference.

Had they played a schedule like WVU's last year, I doubt they finish 11-1. So… no Cotton Bowl…

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the only conferences that should schedule FCS schools are C-USA, Sun Belt, and MAC. I also think Air Force, Army, and Navy should be allowed to schedule VMI. Other than that, FCS schools playing FBS "big schools" does nothing but get people hurt in the name of money. Honestly, if there were three divisions instead of two, those lower FBS schools and the higher FCS schools are comparible talent wise. Frankly,Georgia St.(not Georgia Southern... Georgia St.) could not crack the Top 25 in FCS. I don't care if they play Sam Houston St. or a team like that.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But… on the flip side… when future schedules were made, BU was building their program. They intentionally scheduled weak OOC to provide them an opportunity to qualify for a bowl.

This weak OOC allowed them to be favored… and dominate their OOC. An 11-1 regular season record qualified them for a berth in one of the New Year 6 bowls… which meant big money for the conference.

Had they played a schedule like WVU's last year, I doubt they finish 11-1. So… no Cotton Bowl…
Yea but even after they learned how much SOS hurt them as well as the Big12 when it came to a shot at a championship,they go out and schedule... Incarnate Word. Baylor is much better now than they were 5-10 years ago, they need to act like it IMO.

They could go say.... IU and... Washington State and still have a great chance to win and get bowl eligible ect.. At the end of the day they could say hey it's a P5 school and we won, just like their P5 conference mates in whatever conference.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the WV high school format for ranking college football. IMO it works out great, WV has 3 divisions A,AA,AAA (FCS,G5,P5 if you will). point system for wins, opponent wins and no bonus points for "playing down" ect..you let your record and SOS decide they playoff matchups.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3