• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Fiesta for Rich Rod

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the deep balls were successful? Do you understand why they throw the deep ball against zero coverage?

Maybe not...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the deep balls were successful? Do you understand why they throw the deep ball against zero coverage?

Maybe not...

Do you understand that when your QB overthrows EVERY deep ball by at least five yards, it is STUPID to keep throwing them? The few deep passes that were completed were still horribly thrown, but White made GREAT moves to get to the ball. When your QB is THAT far off on EVERY pass, you dont keep throwing, we were VERY lucky not to have given up a half dozen picks. The door is shut on Stewart, there is ABSOLUTELY no tie in to where we are today, year four of Holgorsen is in the books, quit trying to blame his shortcomings on someone else.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you won't provide the list.

You realize one of WVU's greatest weaknesses the last 3 years has been the defense. WVU was extremely undersized and thin in depth on the DL this year. Stewart's recruits were Sr's and RS Jr's, so why would you claim Stewart had no impact on this team or any of the last three years? Aren't the upperclassmen the leaders and guys you count on?

Interesting that you won't honor my request. You are backed into a corner...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's, so he was doing something right with his reads. He helped the team, but with the way the defense played... he had to be perfect.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the plays he called. Had they been executed, WVU would have scored over 50 points on Monday.

The defense lost the game for WVU. Of course...you'll never admit it.

Gibby admitted it, at least he is man enough to be honest.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you won't provide the list.

You realize one of WVU's greatest weaknesses the last 3 years has been the defense. WVU was extremely undersized and thin in depth on the DL this year. Stewart's recruits were Sr's and RS Jr's, so why would you claim Stewart had no impact on this team or any of the last three years? Aren't the upperclassmen the leaders and guys you count on?

Interesting that you won't honor my request. You are backed into a corner...

THEN, I ask YOU, where are Holgorsen's guys? I didnt say the last three years, you need to go take a remedial reading course, my friend. I do not care about last year any more than a hundred years ago, hell, where is Holgorsen's QB??? he was advertised as having such a great touch on offense that you just plugged in the next guy...... Where are Holgorsen's linemen ? Who is going to catch the ball next year? Stewart is dead and in the ground, yet you keep harping...... TCU isnt harping, their COACH went out and got the kids he needed, the coaches he needed and is kicking ass, their fans are cheering, while our "fans" blame a guy who hasnt been here for four years because we have an inept coach today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's, so he was doing something right with his reads. He helped the team, but with the way the defense played... he had to be perfect.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the plays he called. Had they been executed, WVU would have scored over 50 points on Monday.

The defense lost the game for WVU. Of course...you'll never admit it.

Gibby admitted it, at least he is man enough to be honest.

The TEAM lost the fucking game, there were SERIOUS issues with offense, defense AND special teams, had any one of them stepped up and played better, the game could and would have been won. you amaze me

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TEAM lost the fucking game, there were SERIOUS issues with offense, defense AND special teams, had any one of them stepped up and played better, the game could and would have been won. you amaze me

Oh... didn't the defense give up 45 points? You really think I'm amazing?

One of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... didn't the defense give up 45 points? You really think I'm amazing?

One of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me...

The object is for our team to score more than the other team. Strange the last two years you didn't care about defense, sung high praises of 70-63, 50-49, etc, but now all of a sudden pour piss on the defense?????????? I hate our defense giving up that kind of points, but the multiple three and outs, poor punt coverage, had something to do with it as well. The offense and defense do not reside in a vacuum, they set each other up. You are such a pleasant guy, can't help but be amazed.:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it easier to score more than the other team when you don't have to score 46 points in order to do so?

I'm a defense kind of guy. I loved the days when Stewart's teams would hold their opponent's to 16 points. I simply hated that WVU would end up losing cause they only scored 13.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it easier to score more than the other team when you don't have to score 46 points in order to do so?

I'm a defense kind of guy. I loved the days when Stewart's teams would hold their opponent's to 16 points. I simply hated that WVU would end up losing cause they only scored 13.

I hate losing period, but I'd prefer 16-13 over 50-49. I love great defense, and have just shook my head the last few years. WVU has had some great offenses at times, and some great defenses at times, wouldn't it be great to have the offense and defense at the same time? 1988 was as close as I've seen, great offense and pretty good defense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losing period, but I'd prefer 16-13 over 50-49. I love great defense, and have just shook my head the last few years. WVU has had some great offenses at times, and some great defenses at times, wouldn't it be great to have the offense and defense at the same time? 1988 was as close as I've seen, great offense and pretty good defense.

I don't care how the game is lost. I'm frustrated either way. I remember walking from the stadium to my parents house after the OU game in 2012, and my teenage son saying to me, "Dad, I cannot believe I just saw WVU score 49 points and have over 700 yards of offense, and see us lose." Maddening...

The '07 team had a good combo of offense and defense...both top 10 I believe.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong... the offense was #15 and the defense was #7 in '07.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong... the offense was #15 and the defense was #7 in '07.

My like for defense comes as a result of several things, I played both lines in HS, but MUCH preferred playing defense. Secondly, I have been a Steelers fan all my life and watched their defense win many games, third, college football: strong defense seems to be much more reliable than a great offense. I love nothing better than to see a stat line of a game with our opponent being something like 1/12 on third down.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My like for defense comes as a result of several things, I played both lines in HS, but MUCH preferred playing defense. Secondly, I have been a Steelers fan all my life and watched their defense win many games, third, college football: strong defense seems to be much more reliable than a great offense. I love nothing better than to see a stat line of a game with our opponent being something like 1/12 on third down.

In all seriousness, why do you blame DH for everything? Aren't there times when the defense coaches shoulder the blame? I like a strong showing on both sides of the ball and when 1 side is off, the other side makes up for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sugar Bowl last night. I'm not adverse to see 2 teams standing toe to toe and slugging it out; whether it be 2 defenses shutting down the opponents offense, or 2 offenses matching each others scores.

I know from the CBS days that you didn't like what happen to BS and accused BB, Slaton, DC, and me for talking bad about BS. I know that we supported BS until about the end of his 3rd season. This has been asked of you before, yet you still want to argue every little point. You've hated DH from the beginning and never gave him a chance due to the way others treated Stew.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, why do you blame DH for everything? Aren't there times when the defense coaches shoulder the blame? I like a strong showing on both sides of the ball and when 1 side is off, the other side makes up for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sugar Bowl last night. I'm not adverse to see 2 teams standing toe to toe and slugging it out; whether it be 2 defenses shutting down the opponents offense, or 2 offenses matching each others scores.

I know from the CBS days that you didn't like what happen to BS and accused BB, Slaton, DC, and me for talking bad about BS. I know that we supported BS until about the end of his 3rd season. This has been asked of you before, yet you still want to argue every little point. You've hated DH from the beginning and never gave him a chance due to the way others treated Stew.

Mad, I have been thinking about it, and maybe I am unfair to Holgorsen to a point. I HATE what college football is becoming, a mad dash for money, everything else be damned. We sit idly by and watch as hundred year rivalries are tossed aside like a used tissue, and it pisses me off to no end that some say that those old rivalries dont matter. I watch as school after school moves to leagues they do not belong in just to make more money. I see fans cheering these moves, saying success is measured in dollars, not wins.
I see Luck as a guy who hastened these moves at WVU, and Holgorsen as a symptom of the rot, fairly or not. I really do not have interest in any of the B12 teams outside of Oklahoma, I find myself following ACC football much closer than B12, there are probably 8 teams in the ACC I care about, and two in the B12.
I do indeed hold Holgorsen accountable for what I see on the field, he IS our HC and is ultimately responsible for the failings of his assistants.
I saw Stewart as a hero for the local guy, I saw a guy who LOVED WVU and the state. I saw a guy who did a decent job, he was never going to be a Saban, but he was never going to be a Cignetti, either. I do not like change for the sake of change, I do not agree with firing 9 win coaches, I do not agree with the notion that making money means success.
I may come to accept Holgorsen at some point, I learned to accept Fraud, and I think in some ways his departure is still putting a sour taste in my mouth toward young coaches. Sorry for getting long winded, but those are some thoughts, my blood runs gold and blue, and I DO want to play teams I care about.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, I have been thinking about it, and maybe I am unfair to Holgorsen to a point. I HATE what college football is becoming, a mad dash for money, everything else be damned. We sit idly by and watch as hundred year rivalries are tossed aside like a used tissue, and it pisses me off to no end that some say that those old rivalries dont matter. I watch as school after school moves to leagues they do not belong in just to make more money. I see fans cheering these moves, saying success is measured in dollars, not wins.
I see Luck as a guy who hastened these moves at WVU, and Holgorsen as a symptom of the rot, fairly or not. I really do not have interest in any of the B12 teams outside of Oklahoma, I find myself following ACC football much closer than B12, there are probably 8 teams in the ACC I care about, and two in the B12.
I do indeed hold Holgorsen accountable for what I see on the field, he IS our HC and is ultimately responsible for the failings of his assistants.
I saw Stewart as a hero for the local guy, I saw a guy who LOVED WVU and the state. I saw a guy who did a decent job, he was never going to be a Saban, but he was never going to be a Cignetti, either. I do not like change for the sake of change, I do not agree with firing 9 win coaches, I do not agree with the notion that making money means success.
I may come to accept Holgorsen at some point, I learned to accept Fraud, and I think in some ways his departure is still putting a sour taste in my mouth toward young coaches. Sorry for getting long winded, but those are some thoughts, my blood runs gold and blue, and I DO want to play teams I care about.

You do not have to accept DH at any time. I agree the buck stops with DH, whether right or wrong. He is the figure head of the program. He is going into his third year and if he came in as a former HC, I would expect more. Last night they gave Meyers past coaching experience and he had a rather impressive resume prior to becoming the HC. DH has had some success as an OC with some respectable programs but started his HC experience here. I'm not saying DH is the next Meyers or the next Cignetti. Only time will tell, but coaches today do not get a long auditions anymore.

I can't blame Luck or anybody else for the move. I wanted to get into the SEC, but we weren't picked to go. A decision had to be made and I trusted that Luck would put us in a good position. I like the thought of playing many of the teams in the Big 12. I've watched Iowa State play a few other teams and noticed that they ran out gas usually sometime in the 2nd half. I worried about Charlie in Texas. I feel he will have that program climbing the rankings very soon. Just like any other conference, there would be teams that I wouldn't get excited about playing.

As far as RR, I was happy to see him come and take over the program. Hated his ego way back in school and noticed that it was a hell of a lot bigger when he became HC. I couldn't stand seeing the bubble screen, hoping that somebody may break one for a TD. Didn't like the 3-3-5. Hated 13-9 and RR slithering out to Ann Arbor. If they brought RR back, I would support him, but in the back of my mind would be wondering when he was leaving again.

For now, it is DH. I've seen some good improvement. If Howard could have hit some crucial throws, we would have won. We had some games we barely won and some that got away. But that is football and hopefully those close wins do not turn into losses and the one that got away turn into wins. I'm hoping that he brings in a good OC and considers removing DeForest.

Whatever happens, I'm already excited for the 2015 and plan on going to the Spring game. Hopefully a QB will emerge out of the ones we have. Hopefully the team dill be able to substitute players on both side of the ball without hesitation. We do not have to discuss the STs.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I truly understand the tradition of Eastern football, and I fondly remember my youth and college years looking forward to playing our long time rivals... I cannot get past the fact that those long time rivals all ditched us. Every fucking one of them.

First it was PSU. Then it was Miami, VT and BC. And finally it was Pitt and SU. The only old rival we were left with was RU, and did anyone really think of that series as a rivalry? They beat us how many times?

If our rivals cared about us, why would they leave us to wither and die? Why would we want to chase after them after what they did to us? Honestly, it is such a weak stance to take. I always hated the feeling of an old girlfriend coming back to ask for another chance. They appeared weak and unappealing to me. Unless I hadn't gotten laid in awhile, then the other brain would take over...but, I digress.

I know it makes more sense to be in the ACC. But, fuck them all. Butthurt? I don't look at it that way. The way I was raised, it was called pride!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I truly understand the tradition of Eastern football, and I fondly remember my youth and college years looking forward to playing our long time rivals... I cannot get past the fact that those long time rivals all ditched us. Every fucking one of them.

First it was PSU. Then it was Miami, VT and BC. And finally it was Pitt and SU. The only old rival we were left with was RU, and did anyone really think of that series as a rivalry? They beat us how many times?

If our rivals cared about us, why would they leave us to wither and die? Why would we want to chase after them after what they did to us? Honestly, it is such a weak stance to take. I always hated the feeling of an old girlfriend coming back to ask for another chance. They appeared weak and unappealing to me. Unless I hadn't gotten laid in awhile, then the other brain would take over...but, I digress.

I know it makes more sense to be in the ACC. But, fuck them all. Butthurt? I don't look at it that way. The way I was raised, it was called pride!

I used to miss the PSU - WVU game, even though they owned us. It's been so long now that it doesn't bother me. The teams in the ACC that I would enjoy seeing are Pitt, Clemson, and VATech. Possibly Louisville and FSU. As you said, it makes sense to be in the ACC from a travel standpoint, but I would rather be in the Big 12 than the ACC with an overall preference of being in the SEC. The latter will probably never happen and I think we better concentrate on improving our team for Big 12 play. JUST about every team will be stronger than this past season. We need to keep pace.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could any fan of WVU follow another conference closer??? How the hell does a fan of WVU follow it's "old rivals" closer? Even when we did play those teams I watched them the week we played them!!!! I want the Pitt game back, but I sure as hell am not going to follow their team or conference closer than that of my own team.

SUPERFAN

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could any fan of WVU follow another conference closer??? How the hell does a fan of WVU follow it's "old rivals" closer? Even when we did play those teams I watched them the week we played them!!!! I want the Pitt game back, but I sure as hell am not going to follow their team or conference closer than that of my own team.

SUPERFAN

Because I am a WVU fan, NOT a fan of a conference. I watched WVU play against sPitt, PSU, VPI, UMD, 'Cuse, BC, even Temple and Rutgers my whole life, they are still in the region, and I still care about them. I really have ZERO interest in Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas football. I too would have much preferred to be in the SEC, we actually DO have history with some teams there, they are closer to home, and are rednecks like us. Of course DC just wants to stir shit........I guess watching Kansas play IAST is top on your list???????