• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No big FAs means big FAs next year?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's contract is front loaded. He's getting 20+ per in his first few seasons from what I heard. The contract just looks like he took a discount when you don't factor in where he asks for more money later. ; )

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't he just take a lower contract? just saying and not pushing for Wayne or other WR of his level (next year).

Harbaugh and Staff has a lot to evaluate this season.

He might have even taken that lower contract with the verbal agreement that they save money to bring back guys like Wayne. Time will tell of course, but I'd be pretty surprised if they let him go, unforeseen injury withstanding

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis is listed at 245 Pounds. That's like 20 pounds smaller than Demarcus Ware, and he's still one of the quickest DEs in the game. I think he'd do great at OLB.

You would really want him to learn how to play OLB at 31? For some reason this reminds me of when the Packers tried to convert Kampman and that turned out to be a horrible idea. Kampman is/was around the same weight and struggled big time.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge Tarheel fan here. Hakeem Nicks is already pretty good. However, he has all the tools to be a star reciever. I would love to see the niners get him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bummer about Mankins...

I'm pretty sure Hakleem Nicks will not be a FA next offseason.

Originally Posted by NinerSickness
Larry Fitzgerald can't be franchised. He has a clause in his contract.

WOOT WOOT!!! Enjoy your last season in Arizona Larry!

Thanks for that. Even if the Niners can't sign him it'll be nice to get him out of the NFC West.

Watch STL signs him LOL.....

That actually makes a lot of sense. He & the Rams are a perfect fit. That would suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think I mentioned kelly Jennings. Would be nice to steal a CB from the Seahawks next offseason. Not quite good enough to get tagged, and since he'll be 30 next season he probably won't get a ridiculous contract offer from other teams.

I'd be extremely happy with him as the #2 CB. I'd even be ok with him as the #1 if the pass rush is good enough.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more than okay with signing Kelly Jennings. He's one of those guys who gets over looked more so than he probably should.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Larry Fitzgerald can't be franchised. He has a clause in his contract.

WOOT WOOT!!! Enjoy your last season in Arizona Larry! :)

Thanks for that. Even if the Niners can't sign him it'll be nice to get him out of the NFC West.

Not going to happen.

Cardinals working on re-signing Fitzgerald
By Mark J. Miller
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald(notes) is in the final year of a four-year, $40 million contract and the team is ready to start negotiations to keep him on the roster for years to come.

The Arizona Republic reports that Cards general manager Rod Graves planned to reopen negotiations with Fitzgerald's agent Monday and thinks an agreement can be reached before the season starts Sept. 11.

Fitzgerald has repeatedly said that he wants to return to the Cardinals. "If Larry is sincere about his willingness to remain here, then I believe we'll get a deal worked out before the start of the season," Graves said, the Republic reports. "He says he is [sincere], and I believe him. A lot will be said for that once we enter into our talks."

Fitzgerald, who has been with the team since being drafted in 2004, had 1,137 receiving yards and six touchdowns last season. The Republic notes that Graves "promised to make Fitzgerald the highest-paid player on the team and among the higher paid in the NFL."