• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No big FAs means big FAs next year?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So maybe since the Niners have been fiscally responsible this offseason they'll be able to to after a big fish or two next offseason.

I expect 5-7 wins this season. Maybe fewer if the Cardinals put it all together because I'm assuming 2 of those wins will be against them. But say that's how it all shakes down. What big fish would you want next year? (Yes, this is obscenely early to discuss 2012 Free Agency)

Reggie Wayne?
Robert Meachem? (You're a Vol's fan right Ray?)
Somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe? (Probably franchised)
Ngata? <------ Yes ys yes if he isn't franchised again & doesn't have a deal
Aaron Ross?
Logan Mankins?
Carl Nicks?

Didn't even mention the likes of Fitz, Leon Hall, Mario Williams, D'Brick, Adrian Petersob, etc 'cause they'll definitely be franchised.

Maybe some lesser FAs like EJ Henderson for the Ted? Bryan Thomas? My boy Cliff Avril?

My vote is Ngata if he doesn't get a deal done. I'd give him so much money he'd pull an Ochocinco and legally change his name to Benjamin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go big, then go big with Ngata. However, I think they are sticking with building through the draft and supplement the team with middle of the road FA's.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I want 'em to go big as soon as they get a QB (Luck, Barkey or if Kap shock me & becomes great).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So maybe since the Niners have been fiscally responsible this offseason they'll be able to to after a big fish or two next offseason.

I expect 5-7 wins this season. Maybe fewer if the Cardinals put it all together because I'm assuming 2 of those wins will be against them. But say that's how it all shakes down. What big fish would you want next year? (Yes, this is obscenely early to discuss 2012 Free Agency)

Reggie Wayne?
Robert Meachem? (You're a Vol's fan right Ray?)
Somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe? (Probably franchised)
Ngata? <------ Yes ys yes if he isn't franchised again & doesn't have a deal
Aaron Ross?
Logan Mankins?
Carl Nicks?

Didn't even mention the likes of Fitz, Leon Hall, Mario Williams, D'Brick, Adrian Petersob, etc 'cause they'll definitely be franchised.

Maybe some lesser FAs like EJ Henderson for the Ted? Bryan Thomas? My boy Cliff Avril?

My vote is Ngata if he doesn't get a deal done. I'd give him so much money he'd pull an Ochocinco and legally change his name to Benjamin.

Man, there are so many variables, but IMO, if we somehow find ourselves within a couple names of going deep into January, then I would certainly think so. Otherwise, I would look to the 2013 off-season before we change our FA strategy from what we saw this year.

Who comes up after the 2012 season?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, there are so many variables, but IMO, if we somehow find ourselves within a couple names of going deep into January, then I would certainly think so. Otherwise, I would look to the 2013 off-season before we change our FA strategy from what we saw this year.

Nicely put

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Megatron. But there's no way they'll let him out of the crap hole known as Detroit...

Ben Grubs
Robert Mathis
(That one could be interesting; probably a franchise tag though).
Kelly Jennings
Michael Griffin

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fitzgerald can't be franchised. He has a clause in his contract.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

WOOT WOOT!!! Enjoy your last season in Arizona Larry! :)

Thanks for that. Even if the Niners can't sign him it'll be nice to get him out of the NFC West.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Megatron. But there's no way they'll let him out of the crap hole known as Detroit...

Ben Grubs
Robert Mathis
(That one could be interesting; probably a franchise tag though).
Kelly Jennings
Michael Griffin

LMAO!!!... I saw Megatron and immediately salivated, then I read your comment and crashed back to earth...You think they would franchise Mathis at 31?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think they would franchise Mathis at 31?

I hope not. Probably depends on if teh Colts are any good or not. They may need to re-tool & go younger.

I sure hope they don't though; I think Aldon & Mathis would be BAAAAAAAD to the AAAASSSSS!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think they would franchise Mathis at 31?

I hope not. Probably depends on if teh Colts are any good or not. They may need to re-tool & go younger.

I sure hope they don't though; I think Aldon & Mathis would be BAAAAAAAD to the AAAASSSSS!

Agree 1 million percent! But, here is a question to ponder - With Mathis do we switch to a 43?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mathis is listed at 245 Pounds. That's like 20 pounds smaller than Demarcus Ware, and he's still one of the quickest DEs in the game. I think he'd do great at OLB.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We've got a 15+ guys on 1 year contracts, alot of them starters.
There will be a few of them that could have a great year and then they will want bigger money. So we'll probably resign those and then get one big FA, maybe a proven 3-4 OLB.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right off the bat, Ngata and Nicks are the most tempting in that group. A couple beasts in the trenches on both sides, I like it!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they go big, then go big with Ngata. However, I think they are sticking with building through the draft and supplement the team with middle of the road FA's.

for this off-season, "middle of the road FA's" was ok. just too many things going on, most notably the CBA.

should our recent draft classes step up - and see no reason why they won't - we'll be competitive as soon as next season. "competitive" meaning making the play-offs and competing to win, not just get in.

we won't be SB competitive until our QB play is better, much better. easier said than done.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Reggie Wayne would actually hit the market, I feel pretty confident that if push came to shove Peyton Manning would take a pay cut to bring him back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOOT WOOT!!! Enjoy your last season in Arizona Larry! :)

Thanks for that. Even if the Niners can't sign him it'll be nice to get him out of the NFC West.

Watch STL signs him LOL..... :(

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata easily.... Braylon Edwards if he has a good year... Rogers too(1 yr right?)

Ross? I think he switched to S right?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but just because Fitz has a no franchise clause on his contact does not mean Az can't re-sign him. They have the full 2011 season plus the off season to renogotiate a new deal. So unless Fitz basically wants to get out of Az or the Cards lost their minds and allow him to walk, it's not a done deal that Fitz will not be a Card next year...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt Reggie Wayne would actually hit the market, I feel pretty confident that if push came to shove Peyton Manning would take a pay cut to bring him back.

didn't he just take a lower contract? just saying and not pushing for Wayne or other WR of his level (next year).

Harbaugh and Staff has a lot to evaluate this season.