• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS..NY METS vs. LA DODGERS

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pitcher the Mets had going last night was pretty decent.

No kidding....who the heck was that guy??
I like what David Wright said about him after the game....

"If you love a pitcher's duel, that's about as good as it gets,'' said David Wright. "You've got Jacob deGrom, who came in maybe as a little bit of an unknown, going up against the great Clayton Kershaw, and he matched him pitch for pitch, put up zeroes"...."well... he's now a household name"

"When you see that, you want to do everything you can to scratch out a win for him.''

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES--(10/10)-- Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the National League Division Series between the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday at 9:07 p.m. ET at Dodger Stadium.

Michael Conforto replaces Michael Cuddyer in left field with the Mets facing a right-handed pitcher.

Noah Syndergaard becomes the third rookie pitcher in franchise history to start a postseason game, joining Gary Gentry and John Maine, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

The Mets are bidding to take a commanding 2-0 NLDS lead. Elias notes that only two teams have ever rallied to win a best-of-5 series after losing the opening two games at home: the 2012 San Francisco Giants against the Cincinnati Redsand the 2001 New York Yankees against the Oakland Athletics.

nym.png

Curtis Granderson, RF

David Wright, 3B

Daniel Murphy, 2B

Yoenis Cespedes, CF

Lucas Duda, 1B

Travis d'Arnaud, C

Conforto, LF

Ruben Tejada, SS

Syndergaard, RHP

Dodgers

Howie Kendrick, 2B

Kyle Seager, SS

Adrian Gonzalez, 1B

Justin Turner, 3B

Andre Ethier, RF

Carl Crawford, LF

Yasmani Grandal, C

Enrique Hernandez, CF

Zack Greinke, RHP

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is Utley safe at second when he never came close to touching the bag? Never seen any shit like that in my life.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utley was out 4 times:

1) willful interference
2) neighborhood play
3) never touched the bag
4) abandoned the field after the out call

Mets got absolutely jobbed there big time....

I'm Sorry, but anybody who can look at Utley's slide, and say "that looked clean," is either dumb or lying....But more than likely, probably both.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCHOENFIELD: UTLEY'S SLIDE BROKE THE RULES
ESPN's David Schoenfield says Chase Utley's play that ended with Ruben Tejada leaving with a fractured right fibula has nothing to do with "'the way the game has always been played.' We evolve. Let's play the game the right way ... clean and fair and by the rules."

click here:
>> Should have been out <<

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Reynolds being brought in to replace Tejada on roster, but gotta figure Flores will start tomorrow night

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Torre and Randy Marsh said the reason Utley left the field was because he was called out, and if only the Mets had tagged him on the way to the dugout, he would have been out even after replay?

Why the FUCK should they have to tag him, if he's been called out?

I'm more pissed at the stupid non-explanations than I am at Utley

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two biggest takaways from games one and two: deGrom and Syndergaard both pitched extremely well, matching a couple of Cy Young candidates pitch for pitch.

Would have been awesome to have gotten both W's but did anyone outside of Queens expect us to win either game?

These guys were not intimidated. Maybe they're too young to realize they should be nervous. But this has been a very loose clubhouse for a while now.

I hope Harvey and Matz- who will likely go in game four- have the same attitude. Would be nice for the bats to go nuts, too.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just horribly bad all the way around...not only did the replay official add insult to injury by calling utley safe...but now torre and marsh are insulting the intelligence of everyone by throwing in that lame straw man argument to validate their explanation for the decision?????

WOW. JUST. FUCKING. WOW.

(and I thought the NFL was bad)

YEEEEEEEESH!!!