• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Rules in Denver or AL Rules in SF?

Which would you prefer?

• NL rules in Denver

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • AL rules in SF

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All games have to be played in either Coors field-like conditions (climate, park dimensions, etc) using NL rules or all games must be played in AT&T-like conditions (climate, park dimensions etc) using AL rules.

Which do you select?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL rules.

Auto outs aren't any fun.
No such thing as automatic outs in Denver. Samardzija went yard tonight, for example. And the game is 7-5 in the 7th inning. Plenty of offense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as automatic outs in Denver. Samardzija went yard tonight, for example. And the game is 7-5 in the 7th inning. Plenty of offense.
The career leader for homers as a pitcher is 37.

Only five have more than 30. Ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Z is the only guy who played during my lifetime with more than 16.

I'd rather not watch a pitcher bat.(But I liked watching Big Z in the minors. He was awesome.)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fags like the DH regardless of ball park.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL rules, if I had a choice I'd get rid of the DH; The pitcher should bat in both leagues.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting question. We obviously haven't figured out how to control the weather yet so you're saying we move all the teams to either Denver or San Francisco and play their games and if we choose SF we use the DH. You'd have to be playing 24-7 to get all the games in, which I guess would be pretty cool if you lived close to one of those places. (or would they have like 10 identical stadiums in each place?)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting question. We obviously haven't figured out how to control the weather yet so you're saying we move all the teams to either Denver or San Francisco and play their games and if we choose SF we use the DH. You'd have to be playing 24-7 to get all the games in, which I guess would be pretty cool if you lived close to one of those places. (or would they have like 10 identical stadiums in each place?)
Basically I am skiing...

All games in a very offensive-minded field where the ball travels and breaking pitches don't break, but NL rules are used (no DH)

Or...

All games are played in a cavernous park where bombs are basically just long fly outs, but AL rules are used (DH).

I am not asking if you like the aesthetics of AT&T better than Coors or you think the cultural appeal of Denver is superior to that of SF.

Personally, if either of these were to become true, I would probably no longer be a baseball fan. I can't stand the DH (it dumbs down the game) and there is no pacing ina game in Colorado. But if I HAD to chose between these scenarios, I think I may take the DH in SF. The park, I think, makes for very intense games as runs are at a premium and you are always on the edge of your seat. Denver games are boring because runs come in bunches and they ultimately don't mean anything.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically I am skiing...

All games in a very offensive-minded field where the ball travels and breaking pitches don't break, but NL rules are used (no DH)

Or...

All games are played in a cavernous park where bombs are basically just long fly outs, but AL rules are used (DH).

I am not asking if you like the aesthetics of AT&T better than Coors or you think the cultural appeal of Denver is superior to that of SF.

Personally, if either of these were to become true, I would probably no longer be a baseball fan. I can't stand the DH (it dumbs down the game) and there is no pacing ina game in Colorado. But if I HAD to chose between these scenarios, I think I may take the DH in SF. The park, I think, makes for very intense games as runs are at a premium and you are always on the edge of your seat. Denver games are boring because runs come in bunches and they ultimately don't mean anything.
I wasn't talking about aesthetics or cultural appeal but I did go off on a tangent there. As a longtime mlb fan it is almost sacrilege to talk about making the conditions the same in every stadium. That would be the biggest change ever made to the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about aesthetics or cultural appeal but I did go off on a tangent there. As a longtime mlb fan it is almost sacrilege to talk about making the conditions the same in every stadium. That would be the biggest change ever made to the game.
Again, kinda off topic of my question.

Most "purists" dislike the DH and dislike the conditions in Colorado while the opposite dislike the pitcher batting and the low-scoring snoozefests that come out of AT&T.

So mix and match and ruin it for everyone. Which hell do you choose?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, kinda off topic of my question.

Most "purists" dislike the DH and dislike the conditions in Colorado while the opposite dislike the pitcher batting and the low-scoring snoozefests that come out of AT&T.

So mix and match and ruin it for everyone. Which hell do you choose?
I chose Coors. If I'm going to baseball hell I want to at least be able to occupy my time counting up the runs

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of an AL team and I don't like the AL rules. The DH is an abomination. I'm very much in the minority among people that I know.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I have figured out how to control the weather. It involves encasing the entire east coast (or west coast in this case) in a dome and choosing which weather you want and then scientists do chemistry shit and simulate sunshine, cloudiness, rain, snow, etc.

The only problem with it is someone deciding who controls what weather actually occurs. Since I created and built the dome, I think I should choose. People were pissed when I had sunshine, 75 degrees, and a slight breeze for Philly, South Jersey, and Delaware, and boulder-sized hail in New York and Baltimore- but maybe they shouldn't be such gay cities:noidea:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I have figured out how to control the weather. It involves encasing the entire east coast (or west coast in this case) in a dome and choosing which weather you want and then scientists do chemistry shit and simulate sunshine, cloudiness, rain, snow, etc.

The only problem with it is someone deciding who controls what weather actually occurs. Since I created and built the dome, I think I should choose. People were pissed when I had sunshine, 75 degrees, and a slight breeze for Philly, South Jersey, and Delaware, and boulder-sized hail in New York and Baltimore- but maybe they shouldn't be such gay cities:noidea:
I think that was one of the plot lines on a daytime soap in the 80's called General Hospital.........

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was one of the plot lines on a daytime soap in the 80's called General Hospital.........
It's still an active show, and yes, I'm a writer. I also wrote code for Sports SportsHoopla, half of Tom Clancy's novels, and this song. Hitler is also my great-grandfather, and I'm not in a mental hospital where they've diagnosed me with schizophrenia and Compulsive Lying Disorder...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still an active show, and yes, I'm a writer. I also wrote code for Sports SportsHoopla, half of Tom Clancy's novels, and this song. Hitler is also my great-grandfather, and I'm not in a mental hospital where they've diagnosed me with schizophrenia and Compulsive Lying Disorder...
Wow. How is that show still on? I can kind of understand why people watched shit like that in the 80's when there was less options out there but I figured with the internet and facebook and twitter and all that garbage housewives and welfare recipients wouldn't have time to keep up with some slow moving soap opera that is on every day. (then again I guess you could always "binge watch" all the episodes in one block of time).

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the DH. A lot of terrible things came out of the 70s, the DH is one of those things.