• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nix...done!!!

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww man, this is starting to suck!! SO many injuries this yr..Good luck Nix it was a pleasure watching you Sir!!!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it does, and I'm pretty certain he'll enter the draft next year. I'd be shocked if he didnt.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to hurt against Standord. He's definitely off to the NFL and wish him the best of luck.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is gone. Good luck Nix

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get the biggest ovation on senior day.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get the biggest ovation on senior day.

And it would be well-deserved. I hope Kona and Jarron Jones play their asses off in his honor, the whole defense for that matter.

And I'll say this too, Rees deserves a big sendoff too. Sure he's been much maligned over the years, but the guy's taken all of the heat and critcism with class. He took his demotion like a man and played admirably in relief when the guy that took over his job couldn't handle it. He's played to the best of his physical limitations and, despite not even being made a captain, which is practically unheard of for a senior staring QB, has shown to be a vocal leader

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would be well-deserved. I hope Kona and Jarron Jones play their asses off in his honor, the whole defense for that matter.

And I'll say this too, Rees deserves a big sendoff too. Sure he's been much maligned over the years, but the guy's taken all of the heat and critcism with class. He took his demotion like a man and played admirably in relief when the guy that took over his job couldn't handle it. He's played to the best of his physical limitations and, despite not even being made a captain, which is practically unheard of for a senior staring QB, has shown to be a vocal leader

I'll be cheering extremely loud when Notre Dame's bowl game is over and Tommy's career at Notre Dame is too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell NOOOOOOOO BYE Rees. Never was a fan and never understood how he can start so many games at ND. I wish the kid well in life but so happy he is gone. Felt like he was here forever.

I will say he was a good teammate and a really well rounded guy. I do wish him all the luck in the world.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell NOOOOOOOO BYE Rees. Never was a fan and never understood how he can start so many games at ND. I wish the kid well in life but so happy he is gone. Felt like he was here forever.

I will say he was a good teammate and a really well rounded guy. I do wish him all the luck in the world.

You know, your last two sentences are all the reason why he should be applauded. If you couldn't understand how he could start so many games, go back and watch Crist's performances before he went down in 2010 and the first half of the S. Fla. game. Or go watch the second half of the USC game this year starting about half way through the third quarter. Therein lies your answer.

I am not cheering Rees' performance, I am cheering his character. He's had to perform in an offense that places tremendous pressure on the QB, and despite all of the criticism heaped on him, much of it deserved, he's never lashed out, never quit, and never sulked about it. You can't really fault him for being called upon to do something he probably wasn't physically able to do, especially since there was nobody behind him that could get it done.

The guy was freaking booed by his home crowd in the Purdue game last year with the game on the line, having lost his starting job, and drove the team down the field for the win. As if the pressure at that moment wasn't already high enough, to have your home crowd booing you as you do it and then have the class to take it in stride says a lot about his character. I know a lot of guys in that situation would have said fuck you all, never once did he do that. Try to look past the frustration with his obvious physical limitations and at least respect the effort he gave.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, your last two sentences are all the reason why he should be applauded. If you couldn't understand how he could start so many games, go back and watch Crist's performances before he went down in 2010 and the first half of the S. Fla. game. Or go watch the second half of the USC game this year starting about half way through the third quarter. Therein lies your answer.

I am not cheering Rees' performance, I am cheering his character. He's had to perform in an offense that places tremendous pressure on the QB, and despite all of the criticism heaped on him, much of it deserved, he's never lashed out, never quit, and never sulked about it. You can't really fault him for being called upon to do something he probably wasn't physically able to do, especially since there was nobody behind him that could get it done.

The guy was freaking booed by his home crowd in the Purdue game last year with the game on the line, having lost his starting job, and drove the team down the field for the win. As if the pressure at that moment wasn't already high enough, to have your home crowd booing you as you do it and then have the class to take it in stride says a lot about his character. I know a lot of guys in that situation would have said fuck you all, never once did he do that. Try to look past the frustration with his obvious physical limitations and at least respect the effort he gave.

Its more of a hit on the coaching staff for not having better QBs on the roster. I don't want to hear boooo's but I am happy this is it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Nix would only be a big deal if we were in a BCS hunt.

This loss doesn't matter much anymore, we're looking at a 7-5, 8-4 season.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this, and will cheer loudly for both Rees and Nix tomorrow. (and everyone else)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, and will cheer loudly for both Rees and Nix tomorrow. (and everyone else)

Yes all seniors should be cheered. We have to remember what these boys did for us last year. Took us to a NCG for the 1st time in a long time. Even Rees helped with 2 of those wins.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all seniors should be cheered. We have to remember what these boys did for us last year. Took us to a NCG for the 1st time in a long time. Even Rees helped with 2 of those wins.

By my count it was 3. Game winning drive against Purdue, scored the only TD in Michigan game ( with his feet on a QB draw no less) and The end and OT in Stanford. I won't give him credit for BYU. He was somewhat of a liability and it was our RBs that carried us in that game.