• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban retiring

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan base seems to be rallying around Lanning. If he isn't the guy I expect it to be made clear sooner than later. As long as he didn't flub the interview it's probably his.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He saw the writing in the wall, and knows Oregon will struggle in the B1G for a few years.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He saw the writing in the wall, and knows Oregon will struggle in the B1G for a few years.
How so - last time the Ducks were in Ann Arbor they smoked UM, last time they were in Columbus they won.

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so - last time the Ducks were in Ann Arbor they smoked UM, last time they were in Columbus they won.

The p12 kids have forgotten how to play defense in the 16 years since you last came to AA.

Yes, Oregon will compete with the bottom half of the conference, but I don’t see them being competitive with the top half for a few years

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but be sure and come back in a couple years so we can discuss it. In the mean time?’c who you gonna get to coach your team next year?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many now saying Lanning isn't in the state of Alabama. It was hilarious all the action on twitter tonight and while I believe the school knew this was coming and starting to prepare, it could easily be a few more days or even a week or more before we get an official announcement on who it is.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The p12 kids have forgotten how to play defense in the 16 years since you last came to AA.

Yes, Oregon will compete with the bottom half of the conference, but I don’t see them being competitive with the top half for a few years

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but be sure and come back in a couple years so we can discuss it. In the mean time?’c who you gonna get to coach your team next year?
Most of the Pundits on the 2024 pre season polls have Oregon either winning the B1G or finishing 2nd. You are in the minority

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mr. Saban is retiring. When I first heard this news, I was like "PLEASE tell me this isn't a joke". But it is true, and now we can all take a step back and admire what he has accomplished. I mean, 6 national championships over a span of 12 years... Nobody is gonna touch that mark for a REALLY long time, maybe never ever.

And people like me were raging at the Alabama program for all of these years, but that was only because Nick Saban had turned it into a model of efficiency and winning. And we wanted just a little bit of that success for ourselves. Why did you THINK I was so happy when Michigan won that Rose Bowl 10 days ago against the Tide?

So great work, Mr. Saban. You've earned your rest.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many days will espn be sucking this douchebag sabans nuts?

Considering he is one of the greatest college coaches of all time (if not the GOAT) they will take a little bit. With that said, it probably won't be that long since Belichick is now out in New England

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many now saying Lanning isn't in the state of Alabama. It was hilarious all the action on twitter tonight and while I believe the school knew this was coming and starting to prepare, it could easily be a few more days or even a week or more before we get an official announcement on who it is.

Watching for the smoke from Dreamland BBQ

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think will be your coach next season?
Don’t know, don’t care right now, still celebrating being NC’s

Seems we did pretty good without him for 40% of the games this year, don’t think it’s as big an issue for us as it will be for the ducks

But this thread is about Saban and his replacement that could come back south from Oregon so let’s keep it heading there

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know, don’t care right now, still celebrating being NC’s

Seems we did pretty good without him for 40% of the games this year, don’t think it’s as big an issue for us as it will be for the ducks

But this thread is about Saban and his replacement that could come back south from Oregon so let’s keep it heading there

Lanning is staying. Congrats by the way. My daughter is getting married the day the Ducks are in Ann Arbor. I was there in 2007.