• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about changing the rules. But Saban is proving that players aren't all treated the same. Allowing one player to transfer within the sec to a team you aren't garunteed to play and not allowing another to transfer within the SEC to a team you aren't garunteed to play is a double standard. No matter how talented they are.

Sure some other teams do it. But this thread was created about Saban and has an Alabama fan defending it as it being right.

Chris Black wouldn't have been able to play for another team if the transfer hadn't been allowed. He had already redshirted once. If they hadn't allowed the transfer, he couldn't have played for another team at all.

He also requested a transfer in Jan, and had already graduated, before NSD, not a few months before the season starts and before he had even graduated.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he wants to be treated like Former Bama WR Chris Black who must have been 'a snowflake' because Bama signed the waiver for the grad transfer so he could play immediately and transfer to Missouri, who happens to be in the SEC and had as much potential to play Bama as Georgia does. :L

Or is it only considered asking for special treatment if Saban would rather he doesn't transfer.

Chris Black didn't have eligibility left if he had to sit out a year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what you are saying is -- it is completely fine for Alabama to cut ties with a player if Saban deems him unworthy of renewing their 1 year scholarship, but if a player is unhappy and wants to cut ties, it is about the resources and game planning?

Yes, why do you think they sign contracts?

and just an FYI, you can post a pic taken at anytime to try and save face in the situation and say it was taken after it happened. When the account is called 'built by Bama' @tide recruits101 -- it is quite obvious that is what they are doing.

The picture was posted by players.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should have a sit down with the rest of the Bama fans and explain that to them. They seem to think Saban is above doing anything like this and instead make excuses for him. Trying to speak rationally is humorous coming from a Bama fan. Here are some examples.

The Saban rule was made because other coaches were lazy -- not that he continually bumped into top recruits during a dead period when he was going to meet with coaches and teachers.

Saban's 1st 4 years at Bama -- more medical hardships given out than the entire SEC combined. Yet he wasn't removing dead weight off the roster --Bama fans argued they got hurt more than anyone else in college football history.

I could go on and on. Satellite camps, one year scholarships, grad transfers. I could list the excuses for each from Bama fans -- when they could have just said -- college football is a business and top coaches are cut throat, medical hardships was the easiest way to rebuild the roster and OF COURSE the ACC and SEC don't want satellite camps because the overwhelming majority will be in their backyard.

The truth is much easier than always making excuses.

Problem with your argument is that what is being discusses here is what happens in 95% of transfers. It's only a big deal because it's Saban, and because this kid's mom went crying to the media.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading 4down's posts. Saban could kill his 1st born and he'd be posting on here how his son had it coming, so it isn't Saban's fault. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading 4down's posts. Saban could kill his 1st born and he'd be posting on here how his son had it coming, so it isn't Saban's fault. :L

I'm sure you'd let me know how Harbaugh is better at it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with your argument is that what is being discusses here is what happens in 95% of transfers. It's only a big deal because it's Saban, and because this kid's mom went crying to the media.

Nothing better than the random facts picked out by a fan. And to me, it isn't a big deal. I'm only posting because it proves exactly what I said about Saban. The entertainment is the Bama fans who continue to come up with new excuses for him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing better than the random facts picked out by a fan. And to me, it isn't a big deal. I'm only posting because it proves exactly what I said about Saban. The entertainment is the Bama fans who continue to come up with new excuses for him.

This is only a topic because it's Saban and Alabama.

Comes with the territory of dominating the fuck out of everyone for the past decade.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. This guy hasn't graduated yet.
B. This guy wants to go to a team that could potentially be a 2016 conference opponent.

Hence he wants to be treated as a special snowflake.

LOL, you don't understand how asking for special treatment and double standards are not mutually exclusive and I'm the dumbass.

Maybe you should stick to sister fucking or whatever creepy shit it is you hillbillies do for fun on Thursday afternoons.

A bama fan calling someone else a sister fucker?? Really? LOL that's rich. I guess you have to deflect.

It doesn't matter if this guy graduated or not dumbass. Your simpleton ability to call him out for wanting the same treatment as someone else that Saban let go to a conference foe is hypocrisy at its finest. You seem to not grip this.

RIGHT NOW mizzou (who has been in the SEC title game 2 of the last 4 years) has just as good a chance of making the conference title game as Georgia. Your dick coach grants one player a release to mizzou but doesn't another for Georgia. GTFO, you understand exactly what I'm saying.

Tell us again how this guy wants preferential treatment. It's always a treat to see you talk up your ass.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIGHT NOW mizzou (who has been in the SEC title game 2 of the last 4 years) has just as good a chance of making the conference title game as Georgia.

giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us again how this guy wants preferential treatment.

You mean him wanting a waiver and granting him permission for his request to avoid the rules? Then his family going to the media to try and force the request with pressure?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Black wouldn't have been able to play for another team if the transfer hadn't been allowed. He had already redshirted once. If they hadn't allowed the transfer, he couldn't have played for another team at all.

He also requested a transfer in Jan, and had already graduated, before NSD, not a few months before the season starts and before he had even graduated.

I understand that. But you guys saying Maurice Smith wants special treatment is totally off base. He wants the same treatment Chris Black got. An saying Georgia has a better chance then mizzou to make the SEC champ game is bs. I truely believe Mizzou beats us the first week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But you guys saying Maurice Smith wants special treatment is totally off base. He wants the same treatment Chris Black got. An saying Georgia has a better chance then mizzou to make the SEC champ game is bs. I truely believe Mizzou beats us the first week.

Oh, so he wants the same special treatment someone else got?

You're a fucking retard. If you can't beat Mizzou this year, then you won't make a bowl game or come even close to it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean him wanting a waiver and granting him permission for his request to avoid the rules? Then his family going to the media to try and force the request with pressure?

Did Saban not do that for another "less talented player"?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so he wants the same special treatment someone else got?

You're a fucking retard. If you can't beat Mizzou this year, then you won't make a bowl game or come even close to it.

You are calling me names. Obviously you are feeling slighted.

Stop blindly defending this bs. Saban has a double standard but you clowns blindly defending this is funny.

Please continue.

Ohh and I fully expect mizzou to give us a good game.