• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Markakis

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time for him to have his own thread, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coltsfanphil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the offensive numbers are nice but Nick plays a mean right field also. Besides the highlight catches out there, he also has a cannon of an arm ! My favorite this year was when he gunned down Mike Trout trying to score from second on a single to right. Nick went fishing and threw out a Trout..............:yahoo:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's quickly replaced Brian Roberts as the tenured Oriole player that a lot of fans associate with the franchise. It's always nice having a homegrown vet who his productive in his optimal role. I've liked that he he'll fill any role assigned him... whether it's hitting leadoff, the 2 spot, or the 3. Hard for me to imagine the team without him at this point... it would feel like a different team, a turning-of-the-page in the O's history.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to imagine the team without him at this point... it would feel like a different team, a turning-of-the-page in the O's history.

That's how I feel about Wieters. Honestly, I think Hardy, Wheaties, Jonesy and Markakis all fit into that description for me.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the current Orioles Markakis is the one I'd most like seeing play for my Red Sox.

We've got depth in the outfield, but I'm sure he would get playing time for us. He'd be ahead of Gomes and Victorino on our depth chart at the very least.