• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NICE Hire by the Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we wanted someone Monte's age so he had someone to cruise the Nursing Homes for chicks on the road?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does look like aa good hire. The Giants tight ends played well after Shockey left.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we wanted someone Monte's age so he had someone to cruise the Nursing Homes for chicks on the road?

I don't care about his age. He replaced a 1 year TE coach. We improved.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about his age. He replaced a 1 year TE coach. We improved.

Me neither, I was just kidding. I really don't know anything about any TE coach in the league, so I don't have much of a comment on it. I think Eli and the Giants Offense is what made the Giants TEs valuable, but hopefully this guy can get our young kids to be improve.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither, I was just kidding. I really don't know anything about any TE coach in the league, so I don't have much of a comment on it. I think Eli and the Giants Offense is what made the Giants TEs valuable, but hopefully this guy can get our young kids to be improve.

This guy should ring a bell for you..... and long before Eli .... that he coached Mark Bavaro

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all the good TEs the Giants have had, but I don't necessarily attribute their success to the TE coach (the same way Boniol leaving doesn't concern me about Bailey) Otherwise I need to blame him for the disappointment from this year's FA too...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all the good TEs the Giants have had, but I don't necessarily attribute their success to the TE coach (the same way Boniol leaving doesn't concern me about Bailey) Otherwise I need to blame him for the disappointment from this year's FA too...

WOW I look at how far Terrence Williams came throughout the year. From not very good in training camp to being a hella 1st year receiver and give ALOT of credit to our receivers coach

Same thing can be said with Selvie (for example) from being on the street to being what he was by the end of the year. That credit goes all to the D-line coach.

So at the same time ... we watched Hanna take a step back and didn't see much from Escobar ..... I think that laid on Phillips shoulders

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe neither guy is just much of a player or wasn't yet ready to perform? Either way, what are they supposed to do behind Witten and our WRs? The point is that the players skill set and dedication is important and there is more than one coach in the room. So if you give credit for the good you need to give blame for the bad too. I heard Bavaro give Parcells 100% credit for his success a million times for motivating him and making him the player he was. He may have given some to Pope, but I don't recall hearing it.

If coaches were the most important part about a players success, then coaches wouldn't be both revered and then fired in their careers...especially in the same City. Unlike players whose skills grow and diminish significantly, coaches don't usually change much over time. The players are the most responsible for their own and their teams success or failure. So if he brings a 25 year old Bavaro with him I'll get excited...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pure Escobar hire and all jerry

jerry is dug in on the Escobar pick and Tuesday said the team didn't utilize him properly this past season. HELLO JERRY....first part of the season he couldn't block my wife