• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Team Moves Possible?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to find some credible topics and research on this, but can't seem to find anything. You guys really think that teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Atlanta and Florida are on the hot seat to move to places like Southern Ontario, Winnipeg, Vegas and K.C.?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i think that the possibility of Phoenix moving is greater now than it was say, 2 years ago. The ownership situation hasn't been resolved completely (and personally i don't think it will be until they find a good hockey owner/group to buy them) and it's still just a mess. However, Nashville has shown that it can work in the south. They're a good team that's become a more consistent playoff performer AND they know how to sell the game in the south. Sadly for Phoenix, I think that this years team shows that it CAN work there. The city really latched on to them in the playoffs. Teams like Atlanta and Florida are probably the ones that should move...but I don't see it happening any time soon. Not while Gar-Bear is in office.