• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the proximity to Canada, I'm stunned we don't have a team already. If they came here, I'd immediately learn everything I could find about hockey.

I completely agree. I don't know shit about the NHL but would be willing to learn should Seattle get a team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, there are enough people in this city who would go just to be cool. I've been given so many Mariners tickets to take clients to, half of them don't even know the rules of the sport. I spend more time explaining baseball to them than I do talking about their account. It's a fashionable thing to go drink at. We have a big audience for that. I think that the NHL would make bank in Seattle.

There are so many nerds in this city who don't want to look like nerds so they go to sporting events.

I'll agree and disagree. The Stadiums are in an easier location for people to get too. People that don't know anything about a sport are more willing to give something a try when they aren't stuck in traffic for 4 hours or in Leiweke's plan, walking in piss pouring rain for miles.

Hockey isn't big in the city of Seattle. It is very popular outside of the city in the suburbs with the youth hockey. That is where the hardcore base is.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. I don't know shit about the NHL but would be willing to learn should Seattle get a team.
Simple
Hitting of football
Strategy like basketball: half court and breakaways
Add fights, accessibility to players who are mostly nice guys and refs who make mistakes so you can blame them every game for something

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple
Hitting of football
Strategy like basketball: half court and breakaways
Add fights, accessibility to players who are mostly nice guys and refs who make mistakes so you can blame them every game for something

It looks like something I could get in to. Just have difficulty figuring out where the puck is most of the time lol

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like something I could get in to. Just have difficulty figuring out where the puck is most of the time lol
Something you pick up. Like in basketball you know they are going to call a timeout right before they actually do it , because you know that a timeout is what is needed. You learn to see where players are and how they are defending. The players know where the puck is and you can read them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stoked for this.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to say no to this idea. At least not until Birmingham and Memphis get their teams!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Kraken?

According to Internet sleuth Clark Rasmussen of DetroitHockey.net, it's a possible team name if the NHL expands to Seattle. Rasmussen was one of the first to discover "Golden Knights" as a potential name for the NHL's Vegas team through domain registration tracking. On Friday, he identified 13 names registered by the general counsel at Oak View Group, whose refurbishment of Seattle's Key Arena could have it ready for an NHL team in 2020-21. Those names: The Seattle Cougars, Eagles, Emeralds, Evergreens, Firebirds, Kraken, Rainiers, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Sockeyes, Totems and Whale. The bad news: No Sasquatch. The good news: endless "Release The Kraken!" headline puns.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougars will get a lot of teenage boy jokes.

I like Firebirds, Renegades and Seals.

Kraken is just stupid.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sockeyes, Firebirds, or Totems would be rad. The Rainiers are the Mariners AAA affiliate in Tacoma, and Cougars is common, and WSU's mascot, so both those would be lame.

Totems was the first name I thought of. There has been a Seattle Totems hockey team, it works...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go check out a Thunderbird's game if you're not too far from the Kent area. They're reasonably priced, tickets anyway. You'll have a blast. Bonus if you can go when Portland is here.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sockeyes, Firebirds, or Totems would be rad. The Rainiers are the Mariners AAA affiliate in Tacoma, and Cougars is common, and WSU's mascot, so both those would be lame.

Totems was the first name I thought of. There has been a Seattle Totems hockey team, it works...

Yup, with WSU Cougars (also the name of the WHL team in Prince George), that's not going to fly. I like both Totems and Seals.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, with WSU Cougars (also the name of the WHL team in Prince George), that's not going to fly. I like both Totems and Seals.

The only thing I worry about Totems is the PC Police going nuts over it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just thinking the same thing after posting it - But then again, I don't see the Blackhawks name and logo going away anytime soon.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they choose Seals, the ghost of Charlie O. Finley will haunt them.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they choose Seals, the ghost of Charlie O. Finley will haunt them.

I hope they wear white skates for their first home game.

seals-White-Skates-body.jpg

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there'd be an issue, or if there was it'd come from outside the Northwest, and screw those people.