• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Team & Cap Draft Playoff Game 1 : Stoke vs Milk

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOKE

OFFENSE
QB - Fran Tarkenton - Giants - $9M
RB - Tony Dorsett - Cowboys - $4M
FB - John Riggins - Redskins - $1M
WR - Charlie Joiner - Chargers - $3M
WR - Derrick Mason - Ravens - $2M
WR - Joey Galloway - Buccaneers - $1M
TE - Dwayne Carswell - Broncos - $1M
LT - Anthony Munoz - Bengals - $11M
LG - Randall McDaniel - Vikings - $12M
C - Bruce Matthews - Titans - $14M
RG - Will Shields - Chiefs - $12M
RT - Tony Jones - Browns - $1M

DEFENSE
LDE - Clyde Simmons - Eagles - $2M
LDT - Joe Greene - Steelers - $10M
RDT - Cortez Kennedy - Seahawks - $8M
RDE - Richard Dent - Bears - $4M
LLB - Karlos Dansby - Cardinals - $1M
MLB - Ray Nitschke - Packers - $2M
RRB - Don Shinnick - Colts - $1M
LCB - Nnamdi Asomugha - Raiders - $3M
RCB - James Hasty - Jets - $2M
NCB - Asante Samuel - Patriots - $4M
SS - Henry Jones - Bills - $1M
FS - Dave Baker - 49ers - $1M
SALARY CAP - $110M

VS

MILK

OFFENSE
QB - Johnny Unitas - Colts - $10M
RB - Ladainian Tomlinson - Chargers - $5M
FB - Marion Motley - Browns - $2M
WR - Bob Hayes - Cowboys - $3M
WR - Cliff Branch - Raiders - $4M
WR - Plaxico Burress - Steelers - $1M
TE - Mike Ditka - Bears - $5M
LT - Bob Whitfield - Falcons - $1M
LG - John Hannah - Patriots - $9M
C - Bill Bryan - Broncos - $1M
RG - Jerry Kramer - Packers - $5M
RT - Jackie Slater - Rams - $7M

DEFENSE
LDE - Carl Eller - Vikings - $6M
RDT - Jerome Brown - Eagles - $2M
RDE - Lee Roy Selmon - Buccaneers - $6M
LOLB - George Webster - Titans - $3M
ILB - Willie Lanier - Chiefs - $8M
ILB - Sam Huff - Giants - $5M
ROLB - Keena Turner - 49ers - $1M
LCB - Lem Barney - Lions - $7M
RCB - Night Train Lane - Cardinals - $7M
NCB - Dave Waymer - Saints - $1M
SS - Dick Anderson - Dolphins - $3M
FS - Paul Krause - Redskins - $8M
SALARY CAP - $110M

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOKE = 2
MILK = 5

VOTED = Stoke, Milk, Gold, WLK, Nos, 500, Smitty

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Stoke, but even with your 3 add/drops I still don't like your team...

My biggest problem with it is that you made your offensive line so strong, but didn't really get anything good at the skill postions... Your WRs are all too short, and your TE is average... Dorsett and Riggins are good, but they are not carrying your team even with that offensive line...

So I got my team to win...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Write up.

Offense:

Starts with the big bosses on the line. 4 Hall of Famers, including (IMO) the best OLineman in history, the best LG in history and the most versatile OLineman playing center. This team is built to run, and make you hurt doing it with 2 power running HoFers, but Dorsett could also burn you. Receivers have over 35,000 yards and 200 touchdowns between them, all are threats. TE is light on catching, but is like adding another lineman, and can provide lead blocking if needed (and did catch nearly 50 one year, so can be an emergency outlet). Then there is Tarkenton. Legendary at avoiding the rush and extending plays. Just keeping the we divers covered and getting past this awesome line is only half the battle.

Defense:

Again the line starts it all, with three HoFers up front. Kennedy and Greene are two of the best DTs of all time, and require the respect of any line trying to block them. Dent and Simmons were pressure DEs that also played the run well. Nitsche provides toughness and is one of the greatest MLB all time, while Shinnick and Dansby offer versatility against the run and pass coverage over the middle. Asomugha is a legitimate shut down corner, and at 6'3" he was Richard Sherman before anyone knew Sherman. Hasty is a solid coverage guy, who ball Hawks. Samuel fills in as needed, bringing good coverage and ball hawk skills. Jones is a solid hard hitter while Baker holds the 49er record for most INTs per season (7), over his short, but successful career.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk has an outstanding vertical passing game... He double downs with a power running game... Ditka helps in both blocking and the short yardage passing game... Johnny U can utilize the play action after LT pounds the defense play after play behind a very good oline that includes John Hannah, who many believe to be the best OG in NFL history... Branch holds the record with a 99 yard reception and Bullet Bob with a 20 yards per catch average will wreck havoc when Unitas launches the ball over the defense...

No time for more so that's all you get... 99.99 will be added to your vbucks bill...:heh:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Stoke, but even with your 3 add/drops I still don't like your team...

My biggest problem with it is that you made your offensive line so strong, but didn't really get anything good at the skill postions... Your WRs are all too short, and your TE is average... Dorsett and Riggins are good, but they are not carrying your team even with that offensive line...

So I got my team to win...

I know HoF is 't everything, but 4 skill players as HoF will do damage. You could drive a Mack truck through the holes this line will be able to make, and Carswell adds someone who can provide blocking like an additional lineman. Each receiver has at least 10,000 yards and 60 touchdowns in their careers, and even thought they aren't the strongest unit, give Tarkenton all the time he needs, he'll find you. No one can cover forever, which is what they'll have to do with Trankenton behind this line.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was ready to vote against Stokes cuz while he has the strongest O-Line I feel he should of went with a better RB like Sanders or Walter for that O-Line. I'm not a fan of Stokes WRs but I also don't like Milky's WRs. I'm gonna vote for Stokes cuz they will have huge holes in that D and Tony should avg 5-6 yards a carry easy.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta lean Milk for a couple reasons. Carl Eller is one of the most underrated players of all time and he would destroy Jones. I really loved what Stoke was trying to do with his offensive line and it obviously helped him to get Mean Joe but all of a sudden there is a weak link on the line, he tried to help fill that hole with Carswell but I think you needed someone to catch the ball more than you needed help on the line. Milks secondary is just much better than Stokes passing game.

Just my opinions.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with how stoke allocated his money. Milk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with 500 on this. The Oline is absurd that stoke put together. But it's was so expensive. There are excellent lineman that didn't cost much. (Me taking Paul Gruber is an example.). It overwhelms the payroll.

I got milk here.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, once again, I have by far the best OLine, and a total of 8 offensive hall of famers, but am not expected to beat a guy playing a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel. Selmon is the only DLineman he has who played a 3-4. Throw in 2 4-3 MLBs and a 4-3 OLB to go with a no pressure 3-4 OLB, and he couldn't even get pressure if he wanted to. His defense is so poorly constructed that only 2 players in the front seven are actually playing their given positions.