• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they clearl missed a call on last sunday night,s final play.if seen new york get by with far worse penalties in he past than buffalo got by with sunday night.that,s why i,m not really pissed over it.it,s pretty bad that refs get paid so much when they do awful jobs though.

Weird reasoning. If they typically get away with worse, why would be angry over a more debatable call?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Dolphin fans. That was one of the most 1 sided penalty calling in a game this year. NFL should be ashamed.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating has been extra brutal this year, it seems. It's not even the bang-bang plays that seem to be the issue. It's common sense penalties that really don't even affect the play at hand where a flag come flying in 30 seconds (ok, exaggerated) after the play....I don't have an answer for how, but it has got to get better.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating has been extra brutal this year, it seems. It's not even the bang-bang plays that seem to be the issue. It's common sense penalties that really don't even affect the play at hand where a flag come flying in 30 seconds (ok, exaggerated) after the play....I don't have an answer for how, but it has got to get better.
My biggest issue this year is not calling false starts on offensive tackles. They are all allowed to take a step back before the ball is snapped. Sometimes it is close to 2 full steps back.

WTF!!!!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's detrimental to the game and really tarnishes the product. Officiating should not dictate the outcome of games, but it seems to be happening at an alarming rate this year. Roughing the passer, OPI/DPI, etc in pivotal moments. Nevermind all the holding that is being ignored in the trenches...

To make matters worse the announcers & head official are often broadcasting their disagreement on air with the calls on the field. It's a really bad look all around.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing worse than the commanders yesterday in ny were the refs calling the game.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's detrimental to the game and really tarnishes the product. Officiating should not dictate the outcome of games, but it seems to be happening at an alarming rate this year. Roughing the passer, OPI/DPI, etc in pivotal moments. Nevermind all the holding that is being ignored in the trenches...

To make matters worse the announcers & head official are often broadcasting their disagreement on air with the calls on the field. It's a really bad look all around.
The worst look, IMO, is they have these so called "Rules Experts" as a job title getting on TV and spouting their stupid bullshit likes its the truth. Gene Steratore, the originator of 'The Calvin Johnson Rule' got on TV saying that the dual possession catch in the GB-Denver game wasn't really dual possession. That even though their hands caught the ball at the same time, and they both came down with it and all 4 hands were on the ball still, he thought it should be an interception because the defenders feet touched the ground first before the receiver and that's what determines a catch. Gene Steratore is everything that's wrong with officiating rolled up in one package. But now there's people everywhere saying it was a bad call because the 'rules expert' explained the rule to them on TV.

I dont care if it involves introducing more judgement calls into officiating. The NFL NEEDS to get common sense back into these officials and no more ofvthiscrule layering BS.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT POST

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst look, IMO, is they have these so called "Rules Experts" as a job title getting on TV and spouting their stupid bullshit likes its the truth. Gene Steratore, the originator of 'The Calvin Johnson Rule' got on TV saying that the dual possession catch in the GB-Denver game wasn't really dual possession. That even though their hands caught the ball at the same time, and they both came down with it and all 4 hands were on the ball still, he thought it should be an interception because the defenders feet touched the ground first before the receiver and that's what determines a catch. Gene Steratore is everything that's wrong with officiating rolled up in one package. But now there's people everywhere saying it was a bad call because the 'rules expert' explained the rule to them on TV.

I dont care if it involves introducing more judgement calls into officiating. The NFL NEEDS to get common sense back into these officials and no more ofvthiscrule layering BS.
I get the sense that Steratore's main objective is to support the on field officiating, thereby polishing a turd. It seems rare that he outright disagrees with the blatantly bad calls.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense that Steratore's main objective is to support the on field officiating, thereby polishing a turd. It seems rare that he outright disagrees with the blatantly bad calls.
This time he outright disagreed with the correct call on the field and said they should have overturned it with his own misinterpretation of the rules.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time he outright disagreed with the correct call on the field and said they should have overturned it with his own misinterpretation of the rules.
simon cowell facepalm GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue this year is not calling false starts on offensive tackles. They are all allowed to take a step back before the ball is snapped. Sometimes it is close to 2 full steps back.

WTF!!!!!!!
This isn’t true at all. This has already been addressed. As soon as the center twitches, that is the snap count. Some OTs are better than others at timing that up. Some operations work tirelessly on that timing to create the look that you are deeming to be a false start.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I apologize.

The ref on the field, and replay got it wrong. Just different wrong than Steratore.

That was the clearest instance of a simultaneous catch I've seen. The refs got the right outcome but still managed to fuck up the call. And stick by their incorrect call as well as getting New York review committee and NFL Head of officiating to agree with their incorrect call.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs picked up the flag on an obvious lineman downfield during the Pats final drive vs the Bills yesterday. It was on the play that basically made the drive possible, a 34 yard screen to Stevenson. Replay showed the lineman at least 5 yards downfield (2 are allowed). Why they picked up the flag? Who knows.