• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs inconsistency

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watched the MNF last play of the game?

The refs in this league are so inconsistency when it comes to the PI call. Apparently, they picked the flag up because they changed their mind and called it "uncatchable." --- Granted, Gronk was 5 yards away from the ball and he had no chance to coming back at the ball, so it was probably the right call.

That's not what annoyed me though, the annoying part is the inconsistency of the refs when it come to the PI call. We saw instances where the ball would sail 10-15 yards over a receiver's head with contacts being made and they call a PI on it all the time. Those plays are clearly "uncatchable" and the flag is rarely picked up.

Too much inconsistencies. :doh:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The NFL seriously needs someone independent to hold officials accountable for ridiculous calls like the PI on us Sunday. A ball sailing 15 yards over the receiver's head should never be PI, especially when the CB barely touches the back of his jersey.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time the refs picked up a PI flag on the Seahawks secondary because a ball was uncatchable. I'll just leave it at that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PI that the Panthers did earlier in the drive was probably 'uncatchable' too.

At some point, they just let the 'players decide' like when Golden Tate shoved Packers defenders out of the way before the fail mary (I kid but consistency would be nice)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI needs to be greatly simplified or done away with completely. If its not blatant make it a 5 yard penalty, only if its a completely blatant interference should it be a spot foul.

Cant have that though, we need 8 QBs throwing for 5K yards every year.

How many third downs are given up each week because the refs throw a fucking flag for PI?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball was un-catchable, but I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant bear hug on a receiver. At the very least, that should've been holding.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI needs to be greatly simplified or done away with completely. If its not blatant make it a 5 yard penalty, only if its a completely blatant interference should it be a spot foul.

Cant have that though, we need 8 QBs throwing for 5K yards every year.

How many third downs are given up each week because the refs throw a fucking flag for PI?

We saw it too many times this season for the Seahawks and yesterday's game was one of those time.

Also, regarding the MNF game, I thought it was blatant PI/holding by the defender. Flag shouldn't have been picked up or don't throw it if you think it was uncatchable.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball was un-catchable, but I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant bear hug on a receiver. At the very least, that should've been holding.

I agree, but still...... Would you seriously pick that flag up? There are worse PI calls on a receiver when the ball was clearly un-catchable and they almost never pick those flags up. I just hope these refs don't do playoffs games. :L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home town no-call. They should have just not thrown the flag and there wouldn't be much of a discussion right now. A better ball from Brady would have gotten them the penalty. But that pass was way short and the best Gronk could have done was break up the INT if he wasn't being groped.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but still...... Would you seriously pick that flag up? There are worse PI calls on a receiver when the ball was clearly un-catchable and they almost never pick those flags up. I just hope these refs don't do playoffs games. :L

If I'm throwing that flag, I'm calling holding. This was a pretty high profile game and that non-call is likely to be talked about all week, if not longer and given that the Patriots were prominently involved, we'll most likely see an apology from the league and a rule change by next week (I'm only kinda kidding). Now maybe if they call holding on that play, the Patriots still lose, but you can't throw the flag and then pick it up when the contact was that blatant. The worst part of it is that holding gets called on the other side of the field, away from the play, all the time and this was blatant holding a few yards away from the play on a receiver that at least would have been able to make a lunge for the ball if the defender wasn't holding onto him like a loved one that he hadn't seen in forever.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse than the PI calls or non calls are the roughing the passer calls. you can take rg3, russel or kaps head off because they are "running" qbs but god forbid you breathe on brees brady or manning while they are in the pocket.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the brighter side, the Hawks win over the Panthers in their stadium is looking more and more impressive.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The NFL seriously needs someone independent to hold officials accountable for ridiculous calls like the PI on us Sunday. A ball sailing 15 yards over the receiver's head should never be PI, especially when the CB barely touches the back of his jersey.

I'm about tired of watching refs move the ball down the field for teams… Were seeing this WAY TO MUCH… Along with the safety rules there just ridiculous with there pu@@y finesse rules on defense when it comes to pass coverage… You gotta allow the db's to put feelers out as long as they don't GRAB the receiver… NFL needs to realize defense is fun not just running up and down the dam field… As far as the last play in the Pats game WTF was that… HE GOT RAPPED and NO CALL… But yet they'll call the slightest touch on a deep pass down field… I"m sick of the inconstancy…

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember before the Bucs game the announcers mentioned that the officials had a meeting to discuss how they we're gonna call the game. Why was that meeting necessary? Shouldn't they call every game the same every time?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree that it was uncatchable. Gronk could of very easily came back to the ball. Would he of caught it? i would guess not. But he would of had a shot.

He was rode out the back of the endzone. Thats why he wasn't anywhere near the ball.

all the ticky tack crap that gets called on the LOB I can't believe they picked that up......

Wheres the nation wide outrage? Wheres the cute nickname?

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree that it was uncatchable. Gronk could of very easily came back to the ball. Would he of caught it? i would guess not. But he would of had a shot.

He was rode out the back of the endzone. Thats why he wasn't anywhere near the ball.

all the ticky tack crap that gets called on the LOB I can't believe they picked that up......

Wheres the nation wide outrage? Wheres the cute nickname?

Thats what i was thinking last night, how the hell can you call that uncatchable if he cant adjust to the throw and come back to it!

gronkowski.jpg

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How boring would sports be without the questionable ref calls,,,until robot's come along there will always be some human error.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI in the NFL needs to be the same as college rules. 15 yards, auto first down. The spot of the foul is just ridiculous. How the NFL has gone on all these years with a penalty that CAN result in half the field is flat out ridiculous. C'mon.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots also benefited from a missed holding call on their game winning pass earlier this year vs the Saints. Typically it goes both ways over the season. Good teams that play well can overcome it like we have this year.
ET's bogus PI call arguably drastically changed that Tampa game as it was 0-0 at the time and he ended up intercepting the pass. However we overcame it. If your good enough that shouldnt make a difference.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI in the NFL needs to be the same as college rules. 15 yards, auto first down. The spot of the foul is just ridiculous. How the NFL has gone on all these years with a penalty that CAN result in half the field is flat out ridiculous. C'mon.

Agreed… And if a player get's beat and the db grabs so be it.. it's still and Auto 1st down and 15 yards… NFL does need to change that rule… It's just to much to give a team 60 yards on a huck up PI… it's too much…