• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based one one so far...the NFL Network..The 9ers went from 7th to 3rd?!? Are these experts for real? How can these rankings change so quick based on one game. I would love to think that the 9ers are the 3rd best team in the NFL but I have a thing called a brain and understand this was just week one. What is their excuse?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based one one so far...the NFL Network..The 9ers went from 7th to 3rd?!? Are these experts for real? How can these rankings change so quick based on one game. I would love to think that the 9ers are the 3rd best team in the NFL but I have a thing called a brain and understand this was just week one. What is their excuse?

The best thing to do is ignore them let alone trying to make sense of it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
knee jerk reactions...that's why no one should put much stock in them its something to generate clicks really.

yep, a reason to start threads on message boards, but nothing to take seriously.

nothing wrong with reading and for starting a thread mind you, just don't take it as 'gospel'.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "reason" is because GB, NO, NE all lost so that makes us better than all of them (despite not actually playing them). Power rankings never make any real sense. I'd say they do a decent job of separate the really good teams from the really bad teams but that is super obvious anyway, you don't really need a ranking to show that.

But people love power rankings (or love to bitch about them) so they are the top stories on a lot of sites.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the rankings. They get it wrong every week of every year. Just glad to be 1-0 at this point.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have us at #2. Seattle 1 us 2. Denver is good but I don't think they do well against good D.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm fine with the rankings. They get it wrong every week of every year. Just glad to be 1-0 at this point.

yep, for me it is this too.

a few take these rankings as a sign of respect, and that's fine to some degree. but respect is earned on the field, not gotten by past reputation.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have us at #2. Seattle 1 us 2. Denver is good but I don't think they do well against good D.

I agree. Seattle #1, SF #2, Denver #3.

I thought we looked really good. We did not seem to miss Bowman or Aldon, which speaks about our depth.
Kaepernick looked good too and I liked the fact that we actually fully capitalized on the turnovers, that's what good teams have to do.

The late year games against Seattle are going to be epic.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters much, but the reason many analysts predicted us to lose against the Cowboys was because of our poor performance during the preseason and our injured/missing players.

They expected us to be a different team this year. Our week 1 performance solidified the belief that we're still the 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that it matters much, but the reason many analysts predicted us to lose against the Cowboys was because of our poor performance during the preseason and our injured/missing players.

They expected us to be a different team this year. Our week 1 performance solidified the belief that we're still the 49ers.

agree we're still one of the better NFL teams, but just can't help judge it by a different standard?

after the last three seasons, we're now in the window looking for a SB win. so looking at it as a serious play-off team, a serious SB contender, as "still the 49ers", the run D looked suspect? we don't need the top run D, but we can't allow 118 rush yards to the opposing back.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 9ers looked good, but with Romo making all those bonehead plays, it took some luster out because Romo sucked.

This week, at the home opener, I think SF destroys da Bears.
34-13. Lots of sacks and QB pressures,
AND,
there will be some long runs, and I'm guessing Hype gets a big one.

Still hoping the 9ers lose, but I highly doubt it. 9ers roll this weekend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 9ers looked good, but with Romo making all those bonehead plays, it took some luster out because Romo sucked.

This week, at the home opener, I think SF destroys da Bears.
34-13. Lots of sacks and QB pressures,
AND,
there will be some long runs, and I'm guessing Hype gets a big one.

Still hoping the 9ers lose, but I highly doubt it. 9ers roll this weekend.
Good calls

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Power rankings are a joke and always will be - case in point: NFL Power Rankings, Week 3: Chargers soar; Seahawks tumble - NFL.com

It is only based on record and not reality. The Cards are better than the rest of the NFC West and the Bears are better than us. LOL we would beat the bears 8 or 9 times out of 10, unfortunately that ten percent chance happened on Sunday when the 49ers shot themselves in the foot multiple times.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power rankings are a joke and always will be - case in point: NFL Power Rankings, Week 3: Chargers soar; Seahawks tumble - NFL.com

It is only based on record and not reality. The Cards are better than the rest of the NFC West and the Bears are better than us. LOL we would beat the bears 8 or 9 times out of 10, unfortunately that ten percent chance happened on Sunday when the 49ers shot themselves in the foot multiple times.
Over reaction for sure.That is the way of the power rankings.Still ,it is a bit like a car wreck....you're forced just to take peek.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Over reaction for sure.That is the way of the power rankings.Still ,it is a bit like a car wreck....you're forced just to take peek.

The car wreck is beginning to look like a train wreck - #18 this week after dropping 6 spots. Congrats - we're in the bottom half of the league again!