• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL games are rigged, fake reality tv

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll be honest. I turned off the game after Morgan Burnett's interception. I knew there was like a 100% Chance the Packers would win. The fact I heard at a time when the Packers were going down the field for the game tying field goal the Seahawks came back just didn't sit right. So I turned it back on and watched the rest, trying to be happy. Plays so unlikely they only come around once every 5 years were suddenly happening once every 5 plays. Well, at least in the part I missed.

And then rather than talking about how unusually and fishy that game seemed where Russell Wilson went from 55 minutes of Jay Cutler with down syndrome to Joe Montana in the final 5 + overtime, the next 2 weeks are spent talking about some phony reality tv bit about balls that ESPN, Deadspin and many others are going along with, distracting from that game, all abetted by the NFL corporate offices.

That brings me to this week and Malcolm Butler. Heck of a play that should overshadow talk of game management. Except. It was never genuine. None of it was. Rather than give this young man a chance to make a great play, one was drawn up for him. What can you say, great entertainment in spite of the fakery.

I do feel sorry for anyone investing their emotions or money into this farce sport. And a great job to not call him down at the spot he actually was tackled so that we could be sure to give the Pats a safe place to take a knee and enjoy some good old WWE-style fighting. F***

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaaaaaahhh. Aawaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Go suck your thumb in a corner, junior

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaaaaaahhh. Aawaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Go suck your thumb in a corner, junior

Guessing you think I was one of the ones who cried about Super Bowl XL? I wasn't, dude.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So surely you'll no longer be watching the NFL, yes?? Yes??

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing you think I was one of the ones who cried about Super Bowl XL? I wasn't, dude.

That never crossed my mind. My only thought was how much of a bitter crackers post your OP is

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So surely you'll no longer be watching the NFL, yes?? Yes??

Only for the cheap transient entertainment value of it. I'm certainly done thinking of the NFL as more than a farce. And I sorry, I thought you were saying I was crying because a lot of Steeler fans play the SB XL Card.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only for the cheap transient entertainment value of it. I'm certainly done thinking of the NFL as more than a farce. And I sorry, I thought you were saying I was crying because a lot of Steeler fans play the SB XL Card.

But theyre insulting you! Theyre trying to pass something off as totally legitamate when everything's rigged! If what you say really is the case (which it isnt), why would you continue to give them your time and emotional investment???

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an impressive intentional play to get the Seahawks in the redzone. They must have practiced that tip-bobble-catch for weeks.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lord :burt:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an impressive intentional play to get the Seahawks in the redzone. They must have practiced that tip-bobble-catch for weeks.

I doubt the overarching scripts are micromanaged. Because of the down and time on the clock the outcome could have been reached in different ways.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But theyre insulting you! Theyre trying to pass something off as totally legitamate when everything's rigged! If what you say really is the case (which it isnt), why would you continue to give them your time and emotional investment???

I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY INVESTED. I just had to vent my disgust one final time, a final eff you to the NFL.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always believed it was rigged.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY INVESTED. I just had to vent my disgust one final time, a final eff you to the NFL.

Soooo this is your last NFL game?? How come I dont remember this thread from you this time last year?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo this is your last NFL game?? How come I dont remember this thread from you this time last year?

Not sure last year's Super Bowl was tampered with with any diabolic measures. 90% of people were so excruciatingly bored with it makes sense for things to be taken up a notch this year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carroll and the NFL said, "Hey.....If we are about to win the Super Bowl after a miraculous catch we are going to get the ball to the 1/2 foot line and throw an interception"

Is that how you are saying it's "rigged?"

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carroll and the NFL said, "Hey.....If we are about to win the Super Bowl after a miraculous catch we are going to get the ball to the 1/2 foot line and throw an interception"

Is that how you are saying it's "rigged?"

That miracle catch was never supposed to happen. Wilson was just heaving prayers up that were supposed to fall incomplete. OOPS! So, the crazy pass play had to be implemented. Everyone is dumbfounded by the play. It's also excellent PR. It's also a great distraction from deflategate and the the other shady Patriots dealings.

Use your noggin, folks. They're hiding in plain site. It's as plain as day.

How about this quote from Martellus Bennett this season....

--"It's an entertainment business. We are all entertainers." Quote courtesy of Chicago Bears TE Martellus Bennett. Need I post more?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That miracle catch was never supposed to happen. Wilson was just heaving prayers up that were supposed to fall incomplete. OOPS! So, the crazy pass play had to be implemented. Everyone is dumbfounded by the play. It's also excellent PR. It's also a great distraction from deflategate and the the other shady Patriots dealings.

Use your noggin, folks. They're hiding in plain site. It's as plain as day.

How about this quote from Martellus Bennett this season....

--"It's an entertainment business. We are all entertainers." Quote courtesy of Chicago Bears TE Martellus Bennett. Need I post more?

What is this post proves or ever implies this game was rigged?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll be honest. I turned off the game after Morgan Burnett's interception. I knew there was like a 100% Chance the Packers would win. The fact I heard at a time when the Packers were going down the field for the game tying field goal the Seahawks came back just didn't sit right. So I turned it back on and watched the rest, trying to be happy. Plays so unlikely they only come around once every 5 years were suddenly happening once every 5 plays. Well, at least in the part I missed.

And then rather than talking about how unusually and fishy that game seemed where Russell Wilson went from 55 minutes of Jay Cutler with down syndrome to Joe Montana in the final 5 + overtime, the next 2 weeks are spent talking about some phony reality tv bit about balls that ESPN, Deadspin and many others are going along with, distracting from that game, all abetted by the NFL corporate offices.

That brings me to this week and Malcolm Butler. Heck of a play that should overshadow talk of game management. Except. It was never genuine. None of it was. Rather than give this young man a chance to make a great play, one was drawn up for him. What can you say, great entertainment in spite of the fakery.

I do feel sorry for anyone investing their emotions or money into this farce sport. And a great job to not call him down at the spot he actually was tackled so that we could be sure to give the Pats a safe place to take a knee and enjoy some good old WWE-style fighting. F***

If the Seahawks would have taken care of business last night would you still be saying it's rigged?