• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Day Rumor 2/27/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor. Can't confirm it, don't know if the Patriots are even considering it. Have a feeling that there will be more as the day and early evening get close to the NFL Draft tonight.

The San Francisco 49ers are offering #2 (1st ), #66 (3rd), #143 (4th), #146 (5th) to the Patriots for Jimmy Garapollo.

I'm going everywhere, ESPN, NESN, CSNNE, NFL.com., can't get anything. I want to see if a real sports media station has anything before I get my hopes up.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but I like Jimmy and want to keep him.
Good thing I didn't bet with my kid

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCVB Channel 7 says that there are rumors that the Patriots "may" be picking up a first round pick in tonight's draft. Nothing more. I can't confirm the 49ers rumor either.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor. Can't confirm it, don't know if the Patriots are even considering it. Have a feeling that there will be more as the day and early evening get close to the NFL Draft tonight.

The San Francisco 49ers are offering #2 (1st ), #66 (3rd), #143 (4th), #146 (5th) to the Patriots for Jimmy Garapollo.

I'm going everywhere, ESPN, NESN, CSNNE, NFL.com., can't get anything. I want to see if a real sports media station has anything before I get my hopes up.

You beat me to it. I was going to create a rumor thread. It's needed.

If that offer is remotely true...I hope the Pats say No Thank You. I think they would. Jimmy isn't going anywhere.

Brady is 40 in August. We all know this team is better than last years SB team. If 40 year old Brady gets injured or father time catches him...who is going to QB us to the SB? Brissett?? LOL. Jimmy G can ball. He has a beautiful deep ball.

I think Brady has this year and possibly (depends on his play) 2018. G takes over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the local guys thinks that the Patriots will make the deal with the Saints for Butler. He says that the Saints will give up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick. That won't happen until tomorrow.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the needs that the Niners have, I can't see them giving up four draft choices for one player, even a franchise QB. If the Pats add another solid body in a position of need (Butler?), it makes more sense and maybe the Niners can add some 2018 choices. Then trade the Niners first round choice to the Browns for Joe Haden and a first (#12) and second (#53, I think). Probably won't happen, but it's fun to spin a rumor.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the rumors this afternoon were all BS.

Charlie Weiss, the former Off. Coordinator of the Patriots when the Pats won their first three Super Bowls, was on Early Edition on CSN tonight. He was hilarious. He talked about the fighting that went on when BB wanted to draft Richard Seymour and Charlie and Caserio wanted to draft Ladanian Thomlinson. BB won, but Charlie later rubbed Bill's nose in it when he traded Seymour and joked that the Pats would have won Championships in 2003 and 2005
if LT was in the backfield.

He also said that because of the pickups that the Patriots have made with Cooks, Guy and Ealy, that they would never have been able to draft three players who could step right in and play immediately.

My guess is that I can safely go to bed and not waste the night watching the draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One never knows what a fact and what's fiction......but here goes.................

One report this morning is that BB turned down the Bears when they made a last minute call to try to get JG. So they gave up 4 picks to move up a slot.

also, supposedly Andy Reid called BB and asked if JG was or was not available.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One never knows what a fact and what's fiction......but here goes.................

One report this morning is that BB turned down the Bears when they made a last minute call to try to get JG. So they gave up 4 picks to move up a slot.

Man that's tough to swallow if true. Or BB knows something we don't.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if that's the case they better damn well be prepared to offer a healthy extension or be prepared to say goodbye to TB12