• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, with the 49ers why has the surgery not worked out? It seems that it always had to do with knee surgery and Baalke's ACL picks. Rotator cuffs are completely different than having knee and foot issues. The key to off the field issues is whether he is willing and that is what concern me more than anything.
Most have come in after the first round. Can't think of any picks other than Crabtree that was an injury issue.I agree about his injury but why pick him with that and other issues in the 1st round?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was shocking in this first round is how many QBs and WRs went on such a weak draft.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially a Lynch fan. Fleeced the Bears and got 2 of their top 3 guys on the board. Our D is going to be young and nasty with those two additions and we still have a boat load of picks. I'm loving it so far.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I definitely like Trubisky and I think that’s a hell of a pick by Chicago," Shanahan said. "You see a guy that, especially when it’s a quarterback, if you believe that he’s going to be your guy and that’s who you want, you’ve got to go get him -- whatever it takes -- and I thought it was a smart move for them. I think it was a smart move for us. So, I think both teams benefited."

Agree with the bolden, if after months of evaluation and research, and you're convinced he's your FRANCHISE QB, you go get him. How he turns out is another topic, but prior to the draft, you have to go get your FRANCHISE QB.

If Trubisky pans out even a borderline Pro Bowler, those picks are worth it.

This has nothing to do with my opinion on Trubisky, just commenting on the bolden.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am officially a Lynch fan. Fleeced the Bears and got 2 of their top 3 guys on the board. Our D is going to be young and nasty with those two additions and we still have a boat load of picks. I'm loving it so far.

It takes two teams to trade, so it was just as much Chicago as Lynch.

In the big picture, yeah i like the fact we started on defense. An average offense has a chance, but an average defense doesn't cut it. If your defense has holes in it, a play-off team will exploit it. We can't fill every hole in one draft, but we're off to a good start.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was shocking in this first round is how many QBs and WRs went on such a weak draft.

Yep, i'm shocked two teams traded up and gave away their 2018 1st round picks?!

It doesn't make sense because all of these QB's need a year to develop? A year to develop at least according to draft experts.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. It was a very weak draft for QBs, yet 2 were taken in the top 10 and teams traded up for all 3. Weird.

Seeing so few OL taken in the opening round is different than in previous years.

There were so many good defensive players available in the teens/20's b/c of that unexpected run on offensively players from 4 through 12.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from sold on Thomas, but I'm not unhappy with the pick. Foster at 31 was well worth the risks that he's got. Good moves trading down for Thomas and moving up for Foster. IIRC, we moved up for Foster using the 4th rd pick we got from moving down for Thomas, while still coming out of that with an extra 3rd this year and next. Nice moves.

I have concerns on both picks though. Are either of them day 1 starters? Thomas is another tweener. Where will he play? If he plays, which one of Armstead or Buckner sits? Will he start? On a team with this many needs, you'd think that the 3rd overall pick should/would start, right? Same with Foster. Unless he supplants recent FA signing M.Smith, he'll ride the bench this year too. Then again, guys like Bowman and Armstead have had injury concerns...

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes two teams to trade, so it was just as much Chicago as Lynch.

In the big picture, yeah i like the fact we started on defense. An average offense has a chance, but an average defense doesn't cut it. If your defense has holes in it, a play-off team will exploit it. We can't fill every hole in one draft, but we're off to a good start.

A sucker is born every day. It's been said that the HC didn't know about the trade for Trubisky...which is not a good look for the Bears on top of the picks they dumped to acquire him. We made out like bandits and got 2 of 3 of our top guys on our board...Garret and Foster would have been a dream draft but I do love Thomas as well.

aircobra

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget about 5th year options for players drafted in the 1st round. That's reason enough to get a QB or draft Foster in the 1st instead of hoping he is there in the 2nd.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had moved back to say Cleveland I would have said they needed to get more picks even if they lucked into Thomas which would have been doubtful.

I heard the best deal offered to SF where they also felt comfortable in getting their guy (Thomas) was the deal they made with Chicago. No chance they get him at 12.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sucker is born every day. It's been said that the HC didn't know about the trade for Trubisky...which is not a good look for the Bears on top of the picks they dumped to acquire him. We made out like bandits and got 2 of 3 of our top guys on our board...Garret and Foster would have been a dream draft but I do love Thomas as well.

Yup...Fox was told about an hour before they turned in the card.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most have come in after the first round. Can't think of any picks other than Crabtree that was an injury issue.I agree about his injury but why pick him with that and other issues in the 1st round?

Jimmy Ward had a foot issue. I understand the concern. I have concerns also but mine are more character than physically. I am not worried with the shoulder which should heal fine. The character issues can come up anytime in the future. Remember Aldon Smith?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Far from sold on Thomas, but I'm not unhappy with the pick. Foster at 31 was well worth the risks that he's got. Good moves trading down for Thomas and moving up for Foster. IIRC, we moved up for Foster using the 4th rd pick we got from moving down for Thomas, while still coming out of that with an extra 3rd this year and next. Nice moves.

I have concerns on both picks though. Are either of them day 1 starters? Thomas is another tweener. Where will he play? If he plays, which one of Armstead or Buckner sits? Will he start? On a team with this many needs, you'd think that the 3rd overall pick should/would start, right? Same with Foster. Unless he supplants recent FA signing M.Smith, he'll ride the bench this year too. Then again, guys like Bowman and Armstead have had injury concerns...

good questions i'm sure we all share. IMO both have a good chance to play a lot, not necessarily be the starter game 1.

Pick a primary spot for Thomas, likely the strong side DE. If he's the best at that one spot, then start him there. At worse case, we should have a good rotation AND can mix it up so the offense can't focus. For example, Armstead is at 5T for 90% of HIS plays, and 10% at 3T. Buckner is at 3T for 90% of his plays, but moves to NT on 10%. But as it stands now, i'd think Armstead will start over Thomas, with Thomas still gaining a lot of playing time. Unless Armstead's injury persist?

For Foster, pick a primary spot and if he's the best, start him. But we wouldn't mix LB's like the D-line, they'd play mainly at one spot. The reason being they have different abilities in coverage.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both Thomas and Foster will start...if healthy. Thomas has great athleticism, an insane drive and work ethic....and once he gains a few pounds, he'll fit just like Bennett does for Seattle. Foster...again...if healthy, should easily be a starter. Malcolm Smith provides some good leadership, but Foster is a sideline/sideline machine and is closer to Patrick Willis than he is to Malcolm Smith.

Love both picks for what they are....now just get back to me in 3 years to see how it all turned out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely LOVE the Reuben Foster pick. Of all the players in the draft, he was the one I wanted. I can't believe we got him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was most likely a wasted pick but Foster has a chance to be an All Pro; he is outstanding.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was most likely a wasted pick but Foster has a chance to be an All Pro; he is outstanding.

I think Thomas will be a good one. Might not flash on the stats but he's strong like bull, has good hand placement, and he will keep the opposing OL busy and aware of him. Like I said before his game reminds me of the Cowboy. You watch any of his tape? Just curious about why you think it's a wasted pick?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thomas will be a good one. Might not flash on the stats but he's strong like bull, has good hand placement, and he will keep the opposing OL busy and aware of him. Like I said before his game reminds me of the Cowboy. You watch any of his tape? Just curious about why you think it's a wasted pick?
He plays defense and went to Stanford. Their defensive system is not suited to the pro game and their high drafted players are almost always busts in the NFL.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays defense and went to Stanford. Their defensive system is not suited to the pro game and their high drafted players are almost always busts in the NFL.

Actually Stanford runs a pro style offense and defense under David Shaw. Hey...we could have had Trubisky instead hahaaa...love the pick and the picks we hockey punched the Bears for.