• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what type of investment are you talking about because they would have to trade for him to see him play and if they give up multiple early picks then you aren't really seeing if he's worth the investment you are already investing.

After I posted my comment, there was a report that the Patriots will not trade Garoppolo after all. Who knows, Brady might retire after the 2017 season. If the Niners did have a chance to acquire him, they will have at least a year to evaluate him. They will sign him, but how he does in 2017 will dictate the amount of money he will command. But it's a moot point since the Patriots are hanging on to him.

If Brady has another great year and doesn't retire, then the Patriots will have to either franchise Garoppolo in 2018 or he leaves trough FA.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster was sent home from the combine for getting into an argument with a hospital worker.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster was sent home from the combine for getting into an argument with a hospital worker.

Do you think this will hurt his draft stock a little bit? IMO, I don't think so. Too much talent and not very many players like him.

Garrett is as good as advertised. I don't think the Browns will pass on him unless they trade out of that pick. They would be foolish not to draft him. They can always get their QB with the #12 pick. I'm sure one the top three QBs will be there. Jonathan Allen looked solid. He would be my pick the #2 pick, unless the Niners get a great offer to trade down.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think this will hurt his draft stock a little bit? IMO, I don't think so. Too much talent and not very many players like him.

Garrett is as good as advertised. I don't think the Browns will pass on him unless they trade out of that pick. They would be foolish not to draft him. They can always get their QB with the #12 pick. I'm sure one the top three QBs will be there. Jonathan Allen looked solid. He would be my pick the #2 pick, unless the Niners get a great offer to trade down.

Foster certainly didn't help himself, and it's only gonna depend on team and where they pick....if the reps of a certain team were turned off by him - and I've heard that there were scouts that said it was a red flag moment - then he could definitely slide.

Garrett has pretty much cemented himself as the best player in the draft, unless something unfortunately changes between now and draft day. I can't see how Cleveland can pass (well...I can see it...it's Cleveland) on him, although I still 'hope' they fall in love with a QB.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster certainly didn't help himself, and it's only gonna depend on team and where they pick....if the reps of a certain team were turned off by him - and I've heard that there were scouts that said it was a red flag moment - then he could definitely slide.

Garrett has pretty much cemented himself as the best player in the draft, unless something unfortunately changes between now and draft day. I can't see how Cleveland can pass (well...I can see it...it's Cleveland) on him, although I still 'hope' they fall in love with a QB.

I also heard that a couple of GMs said they didn't really care what happened and that incident will not change the way they view about Foster. I too hope the Browns will draft a QB with the 1st pick, but I highly doubt it. Garrett is a game changer and will improve their defense tremendously. Again, the Browns can get their QB at pick #12 or pick #33.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Draft Profile: Samaje Perine

I would also like the Niners to draft a RB, possibly on the 3rd day of the draft. Niners only have Hyde, Mike Davis and Mostert signed for 2017. Need someone who can spell Hyde. Hyde hasn't been able to play a full season so need a capable backup.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks is available in trade maybe Cooks and the Saints #11 for the #2 pick.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks is available in trade maybe Cooks and the Saints #11 for the #2 pick.

That could work though the Saints want a 1st rounder for him without giving up their 1st round pick. No way the Niners trade the #2 pick for Cooks. Cooks is good, but not worth the 2nd pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are some opinions that this draft is strong and talent will drop down. We have to think twice about trading away picks, even IMO......entering the 4th and 5th rounds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The case for Ohio State's Malik Hooker to 49ers with No. 2 pick in NFL draft

Not the position we had hoped for, but i could believe he makes the most sense. We are in a tough spot with no QB nor top EDGE guy worthy.

With Foster potentially having issues, and him being undersized, he likely isn't the #2 overall? So i'm still with Jonathan Allen unless i see someone explain why he wouldn't fit our new scheme.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Allen’s history of shoulder surgeries and arthritis could affect his performance in tomorrow’s bench press, while Foster will not take part in it or any of the other events at Lucas Oil Stadium because of an offseason rotator cuff surgery. The remaining trio should, however, be full-gos in Indianapolis.

Allen is the highest-rated player among the group. He’s considered a consensus top-five pick and is ranked as the No. 1 defensive end and No. 2 overall prospect by CBS Sports. Foster is another top-10 player (No. 7 overall) and also leads his position group as the No. 1 inside linebacker.

hey?!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could work though the Saints want a 1st rounder for him without giving up their 1st round pick. No way the Niners trade the #2 pick for Cooks. Cooks is good, but not worth the 2nd pick.

No he isn't worth the #2 pick which is why they would have to give up their pick at #11 as well, hell I'm not sure but it taking another pick on their part as well.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen’s history of shoulder surgeries and arthritis could affect his performance in tomorrow’s bench press, while Foster will not take part in it or any of the other events at Lucas Oil Stadium because of an offseason rotator cuff surgery. The remaining trio should, however, be full-gos in Indianapolis.

Allen is the highest-rated player among the group. He’s considered a consensus top-five pick and is ranked as the No. 1 defensive end and No. 2 overall prospect by CBS Sports. Foster is another top-10 player (No. 7 overall) and also leads his position group as the No. 1 inside linebacker.

hey?!

As you have mentioned Deep, it stinks that the Niners have the #2 pick without any QBs that are worth drafting that high. Didn't know about Allen's surgeries or arthritis and then you have Foster being sent home because of the hospital shouting incident. He has since apologized for that incident. Allen did very good at the DL drills, but I'm curious how many bench press reps does he do.

I think the Browns really like Trubisky, but I doubt they will draft him #1. Garrett is the consensus to pick. He looked really good yesterday. They're hoping Trubisky drops to #12. There's a chance unless the Bears or the Jets drafts him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody with thoughts on Solomon Thomas? I've never heard of the guy until his supposedly excellent combine workout. Is he just a freak athlete who tested well or could he be a worthy pick @ 2?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody with thoughts on Solomon Thomas? I've never heard of the guy until his supposedly excellent combine workout. Is he just a freak athlete who tested well or could he be a worthy pick @ 2?

From what I've read from scouts is he is not a top ten pick in their opinion. Good but not great. He is a bit undersized and more importantly in the scouts' opinion is better suited for a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 defense. Not my opinion, just what I've read.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I posted my comment, there was a report that the Patriots will not trade Garoppolo after all. Who knows, Brady might retire after the 2017 season. If the Niners did have a chance to acquire him, they will have at least a year to evaluate him. They will sign him, but how he does in 2017 will dictate the amount of money he will command. But it's a moot point since the Patriots are hanging on to him.

If Brady has another great year and doesn't retire, then the Patriots will have to either franchise Garoppolo in 2018 or he leaves trough FA.

I've read reports that Garapolo is still available at the right price. I think that report you saw before was the Patriots just trying to get the offers up.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you have mentioned Deep, it stinks that the Niners have the #2 pick without any QBs that are worth drafting that high. Didn't know about Allen's surgeries or arthritis and then you have Foster being sent home because of the hospital shouting incident. He has since apologized for that incident. Allen did very good at the DL drills, but I'm curious how many bench press reps does he do.

I think the Browns really like Trubisky, but I doubt they will draft him #1. Garrett is the consensus to pick. He looked really good yesterday. They're hoping Trubisky drops to #12. There's a chance unless the Bears or the Jets drafts him.

I think Allen ended up doing 21. Not very good. Combine that with reports of shoulder or arthritis issues...hmmm. Guess that'll need to be sorted out over the next few weeks.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read from scouts is he is not a top ten pick in their opinion. Good but not great. He is a bit undersized and more importantly in the scouts' opinion is better suited for a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 defense. Not my opinion, just what I've read.

Actually, I've read quite different reports, saying he's easily a top 10 pick and would fit either a 3-4 or a 4-3. And given our alignment, he could be a perfect Leo. As of this moment, I'd be happy with either Allen or Thomas, though Foster might do in a pinch.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Allen ended up doing 21. Not very good. Combine that with reports of shoulder or arthritis issues...hmmm. Guess that'll need to be sorted out over the next few weeks.

Thanks VASFfan. That is not a good number. I'm sure the Niners will do their due dilligence about him. There were several OL on Friday that did over 30 reps. Garrett did 33 reps. He is a beast. Wished the Niners had the #1 pick. Lawson from Auburn did 35 reps.

Last edited:

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks VASFfan. That is not a good number. I'm sure the Niners will do their due dilligence about him. There were several OL on Friday that did over 30 reps. Garrett did 33 reps. He is a beast. Wished the Niners had the #1 pick. Lawson from Auburn did 35 reps.

Well, I guess we can hope that the Browns get obsessed with one of the QB's. But faced with someone like a Garrett, hard to believe even the Browns would screw this up.