• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL 100 team - WR

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching the 6 part series from the beginning and enjoyed the show. What do you think about who made the list and who didn't?

The 10 wide receivers that made the all time 100 team are:
Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Raymond Berry
Elroy Hirsch
Paul Warfield
Lance Alworth
Don Hutson

These finalists did not make the cut:
Bob Hayes, Michael Irvin, Calvin Johnson, Terrell Owens :scratch:, John Stallworth, Charley Taylor, Cris Carter, Fred Bilentnikoff, Charlie Joiner, Don Maynard, Pete Pihos, James Lofton, Dante Lavelli, Tom Fears

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching the 6 part series from the beginning and enjoyed the show. What do you think about who made the list and who didn't?

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Raymond Berry
Elroy Hirsch
Paul Warfield
Lance Alworth
Don Hutson

Bob Hayes, Michael Irvin, Calvin Johnson, Terrell Owens :scratch:, John Stallworth, Charley Taylor, Cris Carter, Fred Bilentnikoff, Charlie Joiner, Don Maynard, Pete Pihos, James Lofton, Dante Lavelli, Tom Fears
Paul Warfield was pretty darn special. Loved to watch him play when I was a kid
No issue here with the list

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this list too, but I was a bit surprised about TO.
I grew up remembering Warren Moon and Doug Flutie in the CFL.
I don't know much about the early years (AAFC and AFL) but it's interesting watching the history of the NFL.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Raymond Berry
Elroy Hirsch
Paul Warfield
Lance Alworth
Don Hutson

If I were to have an issue with the list it would be Marvin Harrison but I don't so... The homer in me would like to see CC on there but honestly if one came off the receiver that should take his place would be "Bullet" Bob Hayes, he changed the game as much as Moss did maybe more.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent over TO? No way no how. TO was a nut case but he was absolutely dominating and his numbers are sky high.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent over TO? No way no how. TO was a nut case but he was absolutely dominating and his numbers are sky high.
But why though? Their numbers aren’t too far apart and TO also had better QBs to work with.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Owens should be included, but if you think Largent should be the one left off....

When he retired, he held the all time receiving records in catches, yards and TD's.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the rest of the list....I won't complain too much. Personally, I was happy that Paul Warfield got a nod. Collinsworth was correct in stating he may have been the most underrated WR because of the run-happy offenses that he was mostly part of, but the guy was a real talent. I've always thought that he was one of the best 5 or so receivers I've ever seen.

A guy that never even got nominated, whom I also believe to be right up there, was Sterling Sharpe. He was 1b to Rice's 1a in some of JR's prime years....he was that good.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Raymond Berry
Elroy Hirsch
Paul Warfield
Lance Alworth
Don Hutson

Antonio Brown

No one ever had a 6 year stretch of consistent domination like he did. No one ever.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown

No one ever had a 6 year stretch of consistent domination like he did. No one ever.
Yes it's too bad he didn't make the finalist cut, considering they did the voting before the 2018 season, when he was still mentally kind of normal. I thought not putting TO in was also biased, for his antics on and off field.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Largent was fucking amazing. I think TO should've made the list, but not at the expense of Largent.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand some people thinking T.O. should be on the list. Besides the drama, I always liked Owens as a WR. The guy was fantastic. But anybody that thinks Largent doesn't belong is a fool. The guy was considered by his peers the gold standard. There was a guy on Twitter who posted he would take Steve Smith over Largent. This is how stupid sone of the fanbase has become regarding the history of the game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joke no TO. 2nd best WR ever.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Owens should be included, but if you think Largent should be the one left off....

When he retired, he held the all time receiving records in catches, yards and TD's.

I just looked at his stats and I was wrong. I just remembered him as a possession type and his numbers are huge for the time

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at his stats and I was wrong. I just remembered him as a possession type and his numbers are huge for the time
Honestly, his stats don't do him justice. Best route runner ever. He could get seperation on any corner in the game. Him and Lester Hayes used to have some epic battles.