• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dal 13 - 3 (5-1)
Was 8 - 8 (3-3)
NYG 7 - 9 (2-4)
Phi 5 - 11 (2-4)

It won't be a competitive division, as there's only one playoff quality team. If not for the NFC West, it could be the worst in the NFC or even whole league.

So the playoff Giants who have made some substantial upgrades are not a playoff caliber team

Interesting and objective take

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is sitting #1 on their depth chart, and I'm hearing good things about Engram.

Disclaimer: yeah I drafted him
Maybe. But with their OL and problem running the ball I can't see him starting. I didn't mean he will put up the same stats as Gathers - I don't even know if Gathers dresses on Sundays. Meant more he isn't an every down player and a lot of options on that team and only one ball and probably more a red zone target than a 5 catch a game type guy. Now if the Giants throw the ball as much as I think they will being a #5 or so option may not matter and Coughlin is gone so the old way of know your role or your not playing may no longer be the case.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the playoff Giants who have made some substantial upgrades are not a playoff caliber team

Interesting and objective take
Defense helps in the playoffs but you've got to get there first. The Giants have a woeful offensive line and not much in the way of a running game. The Cowboys have a multidimensional offense that cannot be stopped.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense helps in the playoffs but you've got to get there first. The Giants have a woeful offensive line and not much in the way of a running game. The Cowboys have a multidimensional offense that cannot be stopped.

The Giants defense may the best in the entire NFL this season, and Im not the only guy who thinks so

Its the same defense that stopped that "Multimensional offense that cannot be stopped" TWICE last season

Im def most worried about pass protection, could care very little about running games, its not what wins in todays NFL....Dallas had a great running game, and played a grand total of one playoff game last season, losing to a team with NO running game

So

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants had a great defense, and played a grand total of one playoff game last season, losing to a team that hung 38 points on um.

So

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants had a great defense, and played a grand total of one playoff game last season, losing to a team that hung 38 points on um.

So

It won't be a competitive division, as there's only one playoff quality team. If not for the NFC West, it could be the worst in the NFC or even whole league.

Than its good I wasnt the one that made this statement

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So
LOL. More Dallas haters.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. More Dallas haters.

LOL...Yeah, cause your statement was completely sensible and objective

Most people see it as the toughest division in the NFL, but you think its worse than a division with the Bills/Dolphins and Jets

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Yeah, cause your statement was completely sensible and objective

Most people see it as the toughest division in the NFL, but you think its worse than a division with the Bills/Dolphins and Jets
Can't argue facts, so you resort to lies. I said NFC West, not AFC East. Ya goober.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Giants defense may the best in the entire NFL this season, and Im not the only guy who thinks so"

May being the keyword here. I'm not sure about those upgrades on D when they lost a huge clog in the middle.

Last year is just that for both teams

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue facts, so you resort to lies. I said NFC West, not AFC East. Ya goober.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Giants defense may the best in the entire NFL this season, and Im not the only guy who thinks so"

May being the keyword here. I'm not sure about those upgrades on D when they lost a huge clog in the middle.

Last year is just that for both teams

No doubt, no guarantees

But Snacks is the best run stuffer in the NFL, id put there secondary up there with any in football, and they got their 2nd round safety from last season back healthy and looking great, he missed the entire season....And Ill take Vernon and JPP off the edge

My biggest concerns are the Oline and Eli, and those are pretty big concerns

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not for the division winner but the Cowboys far outclass the division offensively. As of right now they have the best QB, RB, OLine and maybe the best WRs.
Don't know if our watching the Eagles game but their interior OLINE is bad. I was doubting them being a top 10 line, now I'm leaning towards questioning top 20. Wentz in the first quarter was hit a bunch, sacked twice, a pass batted by a DT. I was sky high on our new CB too and Miami is just killing him. Gave up a 70 yard bomb another 30+ yard gain and a pass interference on another bomb. Good our CB play is bad. The 2 new WR both had TDs which is nice.

My initial pick was NYG, DAL, PHI, WAS so I'm sticking with it.

DAL DEF was 5th against pts LY...that's playing a little over their heads imo, I don't expect them to stay at that level....the NYG were even better at 2nd against pts and they seem to have a legit chance to be top 5 against pts again this season.

Giants on paper got better on OFC with Marshall, it looks again like RB by committee, but my general feeling is they will be a little better on OFC to go with the best DEF in the DIV and that will be enough in the end.

PHI has done a lot well with DEF, and replaced the WRs with solid brand names, but it's hard to retool a team as quickly as it appears the Eagles have. If they gel and get solid play from the 2nd yr QB they can make it interesting but I have them 3rd...we shall see.

WAS...I think Cousins will end up being a $100 mil QB, but something tells me he should have taken the deal. Lot of new pcs in WAS too on OFC

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my prediction. Two crummy .500 teams and the rebuilding Eagles.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, no guarantees

But Snacks is the best run stuffer in the NFL, id put there secondary up there with any in football, and they got their 2nd round safety from last season back healthy and looking great, he missed the entire season....And Ill take Vernon and JPP off the edge

My biggest concerns are the Oline and Eli, and those are pretty big concerns

I picked the G-Men this yr.

Those are big concerns, but I think every team has some big concerns...I'm not in love with the RB situation but I don't see these guys week in week out...if the Giants OFC doesn't improve this season, assuming he has his weapons most of the yr, will it be time to revisit Eli as the starting QB?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dal 13 - 3 (5-1)
Was 8 - 8 (3-3)
NYG 7 - 9 (2-4)
Phi 5 - 11 (2-4)

I nominate this guy for homer of the year.

I can see the Cowboys winning the division. I actually think the division is a toss up. Even the Skins have a shot but I would say remotely because their front office fucked up a promising team. However if you think you the Cowboys are going 13-3 you are definatly on some next level shit.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate this guy for homer of the year.

I can see the Cowboys winning the division. I actually think the division is a toss up. Even the Skins have a shot but I would say remotely because their front office fucked up a promising team. However if you think you the Cowboys are going 13-3 you are definatly on some next level shit.
Yeah it's so insane. The Cowboys only did that as recently as LAST YEAR. And with a rookie QB, rookie RB and an offensive line that didn't gel until week 4.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's so insane. The Cowboys only did that as recently as LAST YEAR. And with a rookie QB, rookie RB and an offensive line that didn't gel until week 4.

Elliot is going to miss at least 4 games. One of your offensive lineman retired. I believe a good portion of your secondary left and has been replaced. The Eagles got better not worse. They started the rebuild last year. They added pieces that actually made them better.

The Giants, Cowboys and Eagles IMO have a shot at the division. I think the winner will have a record of 10-6. The Cowboys are the only team of the three that did not IMPROVE. So they will have a fight on their hands for the division.

So yes....going 13-3 is insane. It is not going to happen. They could win the division. I will not argue that point but they will not finish the season with the second best record in the NFL. They are not that good.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot is going to miss at least 4 games. One of your offensive lineman retired. I believe a good portion of your secondary left and has been replaced. The Eagles got better not worse. They started the rebuild last year. They added pieces that actually made them better.

The Giants, Cowboys and Eagles IMO have a shot at the division. I think the winner will have a record of 10-6. The Cowboys are the only team of the three that did not IMPROVE. So they will have a fight on their hands for the division.
The defense did improve. But the offense is a juggernaut. Even with Zeke missing a few games, the backups are very good, and the offensive line and Dak can only get better.

The only way teams had a chance last season of beating the Cowboys was to outscore them. Dallas D never really entered into it too much. Face it, the NFC East is a one-horse division.