• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next game is a must win

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We NEED to beat Atlanta at home. No excuses... heading into the bye week 4-4 wouldn't be too bad.

Our next 7 games are winnable (including ATL) and I expect to go at least 4-3 in that stretch but 5-2 is certainly reachable.

If we want to have a shot at a Wild Card then 5-2 is probably what it'll take. Then it gets really hard... we'd have to win at least one of the two games @Seattle and vs. San Fran.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see better than 5-6 wins. I expect us to win 2 of the next three games against Atlanta, Houston and Jacksonville. It gets iffy after that...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to predict with our oline. Can't run block and can't pass block. Personally, I don't think Atlanta is a likely win for us. they have a much better offense. Palmer is good for at least 2 ints, so giving up crucial field position doesn't help. Houston played the Chiefs tough so that if iffy as well. Jackson is the only "for sure" win in the next three games. I just have no faith in this offense. NONE.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are done. They had to win one of the last two and they didn't. SF and SEA have easy schedules remaining. SF gets one Wild Card. That leaves the second one. Currently, we are behind Chicago, Detroit, and Carolina. We are tied with Philly and St. Louis. Hoping five teams all have major to minor collapses while AZ stockpiles wins...I can't do it with a straight face.

I guess if we beat ATL we can pretend enough without feeling mathematically ridiculous so that'd be nice, but I think the "must-win" was last week (or the week before).

AZ could easily lose to ATL and HOU. JAX should obviously be a win. Last year the defense got like a million turnovers against ATL and AZ still lost because we had a QB with his head up his butt. I don't expect Matt Ryan to get owned like that again. I do expect to still have a QB with his head up his behind.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are done. They had to win one of the last two and they didn't. SF and SEA have easy schedules remaining. SF gets one Wild Card. That leaves the second one. Currently, we are behind Chicago, Detroit, and Carolina. We are tied with Philly and St. Louis. Hoping five teams all have major to minor collapses while AZ stockpiles wins...I can't do it with a straight face.

I guess if we beat ATL we can pretend enough without feeling mathematically ridiculous so that'd be nice, but I think the "must-win" was last week (or the week before).

AZ could easily lose to ATL and HOU. JAX should obviously be a win. Last year the defense got like a million turnovers against ATL and AZ still lost because we had a QB with his head up his butt. I don't expect Matt Ryan to get owned like that again. I do expect to still have a QB with his head up his behind.

Arizona has a shot because Atlanta is so banged up, but I doubt they win. We need to face facts. Palmer isn't that much of an upgrade people. Sure he is better, but not by a lot. The Cardinals don't need to just "get better" at QB. That would have been nearly impossible not to do with what happened last year. They need to get "good" at QB and they still aren't.