• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Transfer rumors spreading...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About Gibson, Sykes and Austin Fuller. I can see Sykes and Fuller, I guess Gibson just got in too much trouble and could have been asked to leave. Anyone else hearing this?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, all of these were confirmed today. In better news, Rivers and Battle have been cleared for spring practice, while Gregory will be limited.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, Evan G, you must have beat me by a few seconds there.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of wish Fuller had stayed. In spot duty, he was a good player and we will lose a lot of the receiving corps next season. Even if he only played a transitional role to Coles, Smiling and some of the new guys, I think he would have seen significant playing time next season with a seasoned quarterback.

Losing Sykes really sucks as we are going to be very thin at cornerback next year. We have ht that position hard in recruiting but still, a versatile, vet backup would have been key. That is two corners that we have lost this offseason. We put corners in the league, even with only a year or two of game experience. I am not sure what the deal is here.

Gibson was going to lose A LOT of playing time this season, even if he had not gotten in trouble. Rivers or Taylor would have potentially covered that spot. If not, I imagine that both Chase Williams and Tariq Edwards went into the summer with a better chance of getting that starting spot. He looked very lazy last season.

Best of luck to all three, of course.