• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New stadium name

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the article says "not likely to thrill football fans" is hilarious....this is a MONUMENTUS move for this organization. They have added all kinds of rights this off-season in order to better position this organization for the long-term. Big time contracts coming along with an indoor facility...that shit ain't cheap, and Brown isn't a Billion dollar tech owner who happens to own a team - he's one of the very few old-school owners who doesn't rely on another "job" to pay for his ownership. This is it, so it was absolutely imperative for them to find ways to generate revenue.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the article says "not likely to thrill football fans" is hilarious....this is a MONUMENTUS move for this organization. They have added all kinds of rights this off-season in order to better position this organization for the long-term. Big time contracts coming along with an indoor facility...that shit ain't cheap, and Brown isn't a Billion dollar tech owner who happens to own a team - he's one of the very few old-school owners who doesn't rely on another "job" to pay for his ownership. This is it, so it was absolutely imperative for them to find ways to generate revenue.
I've been a fairly big critic of Mike Brown and his family and the way they have run the franchise in the past. But, I agree with you here in that they are doing things right these days. They have absolutely capitalized on a big season and now they are making moves to ensure future success with all of the changes in salary structure and operating procedures in the NFL. They are at a serious disadvantage given their small amount of wealth compared to the mega-money owners, so they will have to rely on bargaining power at the league level and savvy moves at the local level. I hope that the NFL begins to understand that a wealth divide is going to threaten the game.... The competitive balance is one of the biggest advantages of the league compared to other sports.