• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New security app for preventing ransomware infections

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CybereasonRansomeFree is the name. I have not tested it yet. Read the low down on it on PC World here:

RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomware

The last paragraph in the article is still the most relevant: i.e. backup, backup the backup...etc.

I will give it a test run after Christmas, though I wonder how it will work with Malwarebytes already installed...or if there may be conflicts between the two. Stay tuned.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CybereasonRansomeFree is the name. I have not tested it yet. Read the low down on it on PC World here:

RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomware

The last paragraph in the article is still the most relevant: i.e. backup, backup the backup...etc.

I will give it a test run after Christmas, though I wonder how it will work with Malwarebytes already installed...or if there may be conflicts between the two. Stay tuned.

Sounds limited in that they are trying to use some sort of behavioral algorithm. At some point those types that make the ransom infection will figure it out. Unlike definitions which can be updated easily, this software could become somewhat obsolete quickly. Might need some way to adapt. Also, I wonder if it can be detected and used as a trojan itself.

Interested to see the results though.