• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Idea Bengals Mock

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think many of your posts are blatantly false and stupid as hell but I don't follow you and bitch about everything u say.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tubbs...while I can agree that maybe Manningham isn't the best choice (Mechem?) it is pretty widely know, and has been talked about by coaches, that Simpson simply didn't know the playbook.

I'm not intersted in Floyd. For some reason, I think his attitude and ethic is in question. I could be wrong here, but for some reason, I'm just not liking this kid.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about taking Toon from Wisconsin in the 3rd? I think he'd be a great fit opposite AJ.

I think Toon gets drafted in the late 2nd, so I do not think he will be available there, otherwise I would have penciled him in there on my mock. I would love that, but not sure he is falling quite that far.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Manningham is the 3rd WR as Cruz and Nicks are the 1 and 2, he was hurt 4 games and who knows how much he was laboring in other games due to injury. They have a couple back set which means he doesn't even get on the field that much, and he still almost had what Simpson had.

Manningham has transformed himself into a good possession WR who can go over the middle. Your thoughts on him are pretty inaccurate actually. Not sure where you got your information on him, but it is not a good source.

I will agree Manningham is no game breaker, and he may not be worth what he gets in FA, but for a team that has a little money to work with and we need a good solid #2 WR and a starting RB, we need to spend a little bit, even if it is on second teir guys, because to be honest, those second teir guys are much better than our starters from last year.

Manningham > Simpson
Bush > Benson

Use the draft to rebuild the OL and secondary and we have a legit shot at this division even though Balt should be favored with Pittsburgh nipping on their heels. Until we prove we can beat them, we should not be favored in our division over either team. But this would close the gap considerably.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham will be vastly overpaid and we don't need to overpay for a average WR

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, with the new caps, rookies getting less money, almost all decent FA's are goign to be well overpaid based on what we preceive their value at.

This is a win now driven league, and if there are a couple guys in FA that can help get you there, you overpay now for a chance, versus always trying to take the lesser of two evils and pray someone develops or you hit a home run with a guy flying well under the radar.

Almost all players in this league come FA time are over paid. It is just the nature of the beast. I am not sure what guys are we goign to reup that is going to eat so much of our cap space, but Dalton and Green are 3 years away, Hall is upped, etc. Atkins is a year or two away, so I can see him gettign reupped before getting to expensive. Tits Smith is not having his contract picked up so we can sign him to a lower contract, but that is no guarantee he resigns after losing that much money. Whitworth is still signed for several more years. We are not resigning Benson, and hopefully not Simpson or Caldwell. I just do not see who the hell we are goign to reup that is going to take all our money.

Maybe Dunlap, but even as good as he is at times, he is hurt half the time. Geathers is making almost 7 million, he has to be a guy that gets cut if money needs to be saved somewhere. Peko has a couple years left on his contract.

Who the F are we reupping that is going to make much more than they are making now? Plus, next year, the cap is goign to go up about another 10 million, and we will be forced to spend 99% at that point.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals have to overpay for marginal talent to come here...this has been the norm for decades now. This is nothing new.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FA: RB Michael Bush (I like Vance's idea)
FA: WR Mario Manningham
FA: CB Adam Jones
FA: FS Reggie Nelson

#1: SS Mark Barron
#1: OG David DeCastro
#2: CB Jayron Hosley
#3: C Peter Konz
#4: WR DeVier Posey
#5: DE Jake Bequette
#5: LB Shawn Loiseau
#6: DT Marcus Forston

I might be undervaluing some guys, but I think they can be had close to these areas. Hoping for a Mark Barron to slip to 17 along with seeing Decastro fall at least to 21.

The first 4 picks rebuild our secondary and offensive line almost immediately. Konz is the big question mark. Not sure he will fall to us in the 3rd, but a possibility maybe.

Couple things...I think we'd be lucky if DeCastro is there at 17 let alone 21. Not a big fan of Barron. Just not seeing why another Safety that struggles in coverage is a priority when the roster is already chock full of those type of guys. I think Barron would be an upgrade over any of them but just not seeing it being worth a first rounder for a safety that is weak in coverage in a passing league that penalizes any hard hit from a safety regardless of whether it's technically legal or not. I'd rather add a coverage safety and move nelson to strong.

As far as the FA's go I do not like the idea of dropping a ton of dough on either Bush or Manningham. Honestly, I dont see Bush being that big of an upgrade over Benson and Manningham will want more $$ than he's worth. If they're going to spend some dough I'd rather see them focus on the interior O-line and defense.

Also, pretty much every mock I've looked at has Konz as a first round pick.