• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Idea Bengals Mock

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA: RB Michael Bush (I like Vance's idea)
FA: WR Mario Manningham
FA: CB Adam Jones
FA: FS Reggie Nelson

#1: SS Mark Barron
#1: OG David DeCastro
#2: CB Jayron Hosley
#3: C Peter Konz
#4: WR DeVier Posey
#5: DE Jake Bequette
#5: LB Shawn Loiseau
#6: DT Marcus Forston

I might be undervaluing some guys, but I think they can be had close to these areas. Hoping for a Mark Barron to slip to 17 along with seeing Decastro fall at least to 21.

The first 4 picks rebuild our secondary and offensive line almost immediately. Konz is the big question mark. Not sure he will fall to us in the 3rd, but a possibility maybe.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a draft expert until the day before the draft (when we all become experts), so I can't comment on all the pick specifically, but here are a few thoughts.....

-- Third rounder on a center? Hopefully the kid also plays guard, because we've already invested in Kyle Cook and I don't think that's changing.

-- Mike Brown selects a safety and a guard in the first round? It makes sense to me given our needs, but Mike loves flash and safety and guard are about as non-flashy as you get.

--Manningham's market is going to be too high given his real value

-- PacMan should just be released. I think he's finished.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham isn't the type of WR we need. He isn't an over the middle, tough, possession guy. No thanks on him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham isn't the type of WR we need. He isn't an over the middle, tough, possession guy. No thanks on him.

Manningham has turned into a good over the middle WR, besides, you still have Shipley, Hawkins and Gresham over the middle.

Pacman is not a bad CB. He would still make an ideal #3 CB if we can get some quality back on the outside.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shipley? Gresham?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley was hurt last year so you don't know what you will get over him. Gresham hasn't exactly been Tony Gonzalez or anything either. I'd rather have someone who is built to be a possession WR. Manningham only had 39 catches last year. Simpson was better than that. Manningham is about to make a fortune because of one really great catch. No thank you to spending that much money on a player who just frankly isn't very good.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley was hurt last year so you don't know what you will get over him. Gresham hasn't exactly been Tony Gonzalez or anything either. I'd rather have someone who is built to be a possession WR.

I think that really limits our choices of any quality no. 2 receiver

Manningham only had 39 catches last year. Simpson was better than that. Manningham is about to make a fortune because of one really great catch. No thank you to spending that much money on a player who just frankly isn't very good.

Don't start comparing Simpson to Manningham because the numbers are not even on the same planet. Lets not forget, Manningham missed 4 games this year being injured. Simpson only averaged .75 more catches per game.

160 receptions and 18 TDs over 4 seasons vs. 71 receptions and 7 TDs over 4 seasons. Who would you rather take?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol lets be realistic here. Simpson was obviously held back because of Marvin. And how are the number not on the same planet last year? Simpson had a better year with a rookie QB, rookie WR opposite him, rookie OC, bad O-Line. Manningham was aided by the great offense around him and the great QB throwing him the ball. Manningham isn't that good. He is getting huge hype because of his SB catch. Manningham = HUGE overpayment.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham is better than Tubbs suggests, but Tubbs is right in that he will be drastically overpaid.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley was hurt last year so you don't know what you will get over him. Gresham hasn't exactly been Tony Gonzalez or anything either. I'd rather have someone who is built to be a possession WR. Manningham only had 39 catches last year. Simpson was better than that. Manningham is about to make a fortune because of one really great catch. No thank you to spending that much money on a player who just frankly isn't very good.

If Shipley is healthy, you know exactly what you get out of him. If he is not healthy and ready to go, you have Hawkins who can fill that slot reciever role well since he is basically Shipley's backup anyways.

Meachem or Manningham, about the same type of receiver. Either way, we need one of these guys so we do not have to shoot for the moon in the draft for a WR and give up a position we need.

It can be argued we do not need Konz, but I would argue the opposite. I think we do, because while our guards are terrible, the guy right inbetween them is supposed to help direct traffic. A great center helps build better guards.

Floyd would be great, and I know you really want him, but I think we have to address our OL and secondary in those first 2 to 3 rounds almost completely. Reason for signing a Manningham or Meachem and a Bush. This way we do not have to focus on those areas of need in the draft, and we can get some more veteran leadership around Dalton and Green.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Floyd but he will probably be gone before we pick. There are other WR's out there who I am fine with picking in the later rounds, or picking up via FA. Manningham will be overpaid and not worth it to this team who is about to have to spend a lot of money to keep it's young players. I've seen him contract estimated at 5 year 32-35 mil. He isn't worth nearly that.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol lets be realistic here. Simpson was obviously held back because of Marvin. And how are the number not on the same planet last year? Simpson had a better year with a rookie QB, rookie WR opposite him, rookie OC, bad O-Line. Manningham was aided by the great offense around him and the great QB throwing him the ball. Manningham isn't that good. He is getting huge hype because of his SB catch. Manningham = HUGE overpayment.

Simpson wasn't held back by Marvin, he was held back bc he is retarded, couldn't catch the ball, or even understand the playbook.

This was by far the best year of Simpson's career, and the worst of Manningham's (partly because of injury) and their statistics per game were almost identical.

Just another post where you conveniently decide to ignore the facts

drewhark85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you guys think about taking Toon from Wisconsin in the 3rd? I think he'd be a great fit opposite AJ.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simpson wasn't held back by Marvin, he was held back bc he is retarded, couldn't catch the ball, or even understand the playbook.

This was by far the best year of Simpson's career, and the worst of Manningham's (partly because of injury) and their statistics per game were almost identical.

Just another post where you conveniently decide to ignore the facts

Any facts to back that up? Nope you got nothing. But I do have Marv not wanting to play Dunlap his rookie year because he was a rookie. He only played him because he had no choice. Even after he was lighting people up Marv still said he didn't want to play him.

Anthony Collins got no playing time, then because of injuries he played and played really well. Marv held him back too.

Simpson got no playing time, then the first 2 games he played he lit it up. I see no coincidence here but I do see a pattern.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about taking Toon from Wisconsin in the 3rd? I think he'd be a great fit opposite AJ.

Toon is one of the guys I do like as a possession WR.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any facts to back that up? Nope you got nothing. But I do have Marv not wanting to play Dunlap his rookie year because he was a rookie. He only played him because he had no choice. Even after he was lighting people up Marv still said he didn't want to play him.

Anthony Collins got no playing time, then because of injuries he played and played really well. Marv held him back too.

Simpson got no playing time, then the first 2 games he played he lit it up. I see no coincidence here but I do see a pattern.

Marvin is a buffoon..... That said, he probably didn't play Dunlap because Dunlap was sitting on the sideline pretending to be hurt. The dude is a prima donna -- Awesome talent, but I'll be shocked if he ever plays more than 12 games a season the rest of his career.

Simpson is a moron. An inconsistent moron. I had high hopes for him after the end of the 2010 season, but I think we've pretty much seen his upside and it's not great.

Not sure what to make of Collins -- I recently read where the Bengals tried to make him a guard - A position they could have used a ton of help this season - and he didn't like it. He didn't understand it and didn't want to play. If true, I imagine he'll be bolting out the door ASAP.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a matter of fact.... It was pretty widely recognized he didn't know the playbook.

Lance McAlister: as John Thornton said last week....at one point in practice last year Carson looked at Simpson and said..."get out of my huddle and stay out til you can figure out the play"

clip from show: Lance - Cincinnati's ESPN 1530

:burt:

at least one of us can source the stuff we claim.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow something a reporter heard Palmer say all the way from the huddle. Wow credible. You act like I pissed in your cherios every since I said I didn't like Wilson. Get over it.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow something a reporter heard Palmer say all the way from the huddle. Wow credible. You act like I pissed in your cherios every since I said I didn't like Wilson. Get over it.

Read: John Thornton..you know, the Bengal who was playing on the team and was IN THE HUDDLE in 08... His quote, not mine. I would say that is more credible than anything you have given.

I'm just trying to keep you honest, it's nothing personal. We obviously don't agree on very much and I find a lot of your arguments on this board are blatantly false, and if acting like I 'pissed in your cherios' is posting actual fact to back up my portion, so be it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm didnt John Thorton play defense? Was he in the wrong huddle?