• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New fantasy league!!! anyone interested

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Irrelevant will be Dan Haren to complete my draft whenever Fuzzy gets his last pick in....

I like my team. My only strategy was to try and stay with "safe" picks. Most of my guys, given health, will produce at expected levels. I stayed away from all the new shiny toys (sans Salazar and I guess you could still call Cingrani a bit shiny yet) given the criteria of the league. With all the highly touted young guys, you have to have both them to meet expectations (often times unrealistic ones at that) AND stay healthy. My old fucks only have to stay healthy because I'm confident in what they will do if healthy. It's very interesting that I actually ended up with a couple guys that I don't pursue (Bautista and Kemp) but I got them so far below ADP that I wasn't going to be the guy going "damn, I passed him up at nice, good, and great value only to have them go off."

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Irrelevant will be Dan Haren to complete my draft whenever Fuzzy gets his last pick in....

I like my team. My only strategy was to try and stay with "safe" picks. Most of my guys, given health, will produce at expected levels. I stayed away from all the new shiny toys (sans Salazar and I guess you could still call Cingrani a bit shiny yet) given the criteria of the league. With all the highly touted young guys, you have to have both them to meet expectations (often times unrealistic ones at that) AND stay healthy. My old fucks only have to stay healthy because I'm confident in what they will do if healthy. It's very interesting that I actually ended up with a couple guys that I don't pursue (Bautista and Kemp) but I got them so far below ADP that I wasn't going to be the guy going "damn, I passed him up at nice, good, and great value only to have them go off."

injuries will be the key to the league. There are good teams that will have bad luck.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking just now there are some interesting players underrated.

C. A J Pierzinski

1b. Ryan Howard

SS. Johnny Peralta

OF. Melky Cabrera

p. Ivan Nova

p. Tayjohn Walker

amongst others

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking just now there are some interesting players underrated.

still in my queue- Markakis and Brantley.
Better take a picture now with the Flies tied for last place. That won't last long. lol

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries will be the key to the league. There are good teams that will have bad luck.

Also, I put more emphasis than ever on trying to put the most balanced roster possible together instead of trying an unconventional approach. Normally I don't put so much concern on having the best balance because I can correct deficiencies later. I don't ever have as much speed on my teams as is on this team to have some margin for injury. I think I can be top 3 in all offensive categories and be middle of the pack in all 5 pitching categories....

Although, given the lame team name I chose all these guys will spend about 60 days each on the DL...LOL

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I grabbed some steals at the end of the draft. did you guess my pick?

When I was outlining my strategy I failed to say that I tried to grab power early and speed late- because I had yet to grab all my speed late at that point... Also tried to concentrate on SP with 2 middle of the road closers mixed in. Don't know if it will work but I managed to stick to the original plan.

Let the games begin!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I grabbed some steals at the end of the draft. did you guess my pick?

Bingo. Damn it, I thought about him after I made my last pick. I don't think I'm a fan of these slow drafts...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Damn it, I thought about him after I made my last pick. I don't think I'm a fan of these slow drafts...

I actually really like the slow draft. I am in one other in a more traditional format. keeps you thinking for a week or two.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see how this goes. Nobody better cheat and set your lineup each day!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like the slow draft. I am in one other in a more traditional format. keeps you thinking for a week or two.

This slow draft was interesting because as we heard of injuries some owners compensated for them... Smitty compensating for the loss of chapman, i think was his downfall...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This slow draft was interesting because as we heard of injuries some owners compensated for them... Smitty compensating for the loss of chapman, i think was his downfall...

You might be right. My lack of outfielders with upside could hurt also. So could the fact Michael Bourne is the youngest of the group. And he's headed to the DL now also. But then again the less he plays the better my OBP. If Dozier goes down now my team might be able to reach .360.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like stealing a "W" on opening day. When the starter has a bad start but the closer gets the "W".

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me so Horsnby couldn't have asked for a better start .600 BA 4 HRs and 10 RBIs just in the early games.:omg:

Of course my 1 week stay in first has ended badly for me.:rollseyes: