• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Driver and a round of golf at an indoor simulator.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got this little contraption here that I swing around the house with during the winter.

Looks goofy as shit, but it works like a charm.

swingsetter_design.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important part is the training grip, for sure.

The #1 most common issue amateur golfers have is getting their grip right. My grip was way too strong before I got that tool and now I'm right where I need to be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most lasting lesson I've had was getting a more neutral grip. less grip pressure and getting used to releasing it...I was too strong, and hitting a lot of hooks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most lasting lesson I've had was getting a more neutral grip. less grip pressure and getting used to releasing it...I was too strong, and hitting a lot of hooks.

I used to play with this old Irish guy. He would ask you to grip your club and then lift the head up.

He would then try to grab the club out of your hand, if the club did not slide right out of your hand ...he would say your grip was too tight.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play with this old Irish guy. He would ask you to grip your club and then lift the head up.

He would then try to grab the club out of your hand, if the club did not slide right out of your hand ...he would say your grip was too tight.

Actually learned something a little different...he had me grip the club with left hand 3 fingers only (two middle and pinky)...then eventually 2 (middle fingers) and extend the club out as if you're handing to someone...tight enough so they can't easily pull it out...that's all the grip pressure you need...his point was, you can grip the club fairly tight with those 2 fingers if your wrist stays loose, and the rest of the fingers are loose as well. The minute your wrist/forearms tense up...you're through he said.

Lot of ways to skin it I guess, but that and a couple of other cues have really stuck with me.