• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New commitment in

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend already paying dividends.

Tarrow BArney, JUCO DT pulled trigger and is a Nittany Lion

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A much needed commitment. We needed a DT and now we need some O-line help.

The Northwest Mississippi CC sophomore DT committed to Penn State Sunday morning while on an official visit. It brings Penn State's class of 2014 to 16 members.

Penn State may have lost its Senior Day clash with Nebraska Saturday at Beaver Stadium. But Sunday, it received news from an official visitor that helped soften the blow.
Northwest Mississippi (Senatobia, Miss.) defensive tackle Tarow Barney became the 16th member of Penn State’s Class of 2014, he confirmed to Fight On State Sunday morning. The prospect, who will have three years to play two seasons, said he committed on the final day of an official visit that began Friday afternoon.
“There's a great opportunity for me to come in and earn a starting spot,” Barney wrote in an email to Fight On State. "[Defensive line] coach [Larry] Johnson made a connection with me from the minute he picked me up from the airport. I believe Coach Johnson is the best at what he does. So in order for me to be the best player I can be, I have to be coached by Coach Johnson.
“There was a great and amazing family feel around Penn State. And I felt like Coach [Bill] O'Brien is a good coach and I could add to where he trying to take Penn State football.” Barney is the second defensive tackle to commit to State’s 2014 cycle, joining New Jersey's Antoine White to fill a need along the defensive line the Lions have been looking to address. He made 36 stops for the Rangers this fall, including 9.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. He intends to enroll in January.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful. Was talking about this while at the game this weekend. These defensive guys have to be looking out on the field and thinking that they could be playing NOW. With the lessening of the sanctions and an already talented offense, things are really starting to look up in a big way.

I think that we'll be able to start offering more to defensive recruits now that we have a few extra schollies to give out.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful. Was talking about this while at the game this weekend. These defensive guys have to be looking out on the field and thinking that they could be playing NOW. With the lessening of the sanctions and an already talented offense, things are really starting to look up in a big way.

I think that we'll be able to start offering more to defensive recruits now that we have a few extra schollies to give out.

yeah, the biggest surprise Saturday was the emergence of freshman LB Brandon Bell. Man did he have a great game. Kid is going to be a player.

The JUCO linemen on both sides of ball can see playing time, as well as Holley. Any safety prospect shoul be licking their chops as well. Can't see Vincent redshirting either