• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Banner Idea

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs more Kessel.

Lol. It's funny you say that because I was looking for a picture of Keith where he was checking someone - seemed appropriate for the Norris winner and added an element. I saw one of him where he put Kessel on the ground and thought 'it'd be perfect to have all these legends and award winners and Kessel bombing it all.' haha. But it was hard to tell it was even Keith in the picture.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice banner.

As for the Boss Easter Egg, how about that little puck with the halo in the current tribute banner. It shouldn't be hard to find a place for it. Then we could add a short little "In honor of Boss" or something to it, to make its meaning as clear as possible, if we wish.

I recommend bottom left corner, with the legends.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he won the Calder. Banner has the Hart, Ross, Vezina, Norris, Calder, and Richard winners.

And yeah, I was thinking of putting in a little "Boss" easter egg somewhere in there. Good idea. If the mods or users decide to use it I'll toss that in there.

Cool I hadn't caught that. Well thought out

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, updated after some suggestions. Can you find the 3 Easter Eggs?

2wp7690.jpg

I read the thread Dash linked to and saw that those people that didn't want players on the banner were mostly b/c they wanted all teams represented.

So I took off Plante because I had an idea about that. Each month or every other month we could have a poll on the board that would change one side of the banner. An example, next month we have a poll on the top 5 goalies of all-time and you change the left side. The next month you do a poll of the best 5 playmakers in the game today and change the right side. That way the banner is always evolving and everyone gets to see some of their favorite teams and players on the banner. I don't know - I think that would be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. It's funny you say that because I was looking for a picture of Keith where he was checking someone - seemed appropriate for the Norris winner and added an element. I saw one of him where he put Kessel on the ground and thought 'it'd be perfect to have all these legends and award winners and Kessel bombing it all.' haha. But it was hard to tell it was even Keith in the picture.

I meant to say Kessler here, not Kessel. :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get the idea to add the "Live. Breathe. Hockey." part? :rolleyes:

I looked in the other thread and saw it on the other banner and added it. Figured if people do like the banner, it should keep some of the same stuff.

What's the problem, IPW?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, I'd vote for it if there was a poll up.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's photo bombing Crosby over his left shoulder?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool, I understand. You made a banner that you're really proud of and want it to be displayed.

I've been there.

Wait, are you good with Photoshop? I never knew that. Did you guys know that about IPW? Do you make graphics and memes and stuff?

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn good thing you weren't looking for a picture of Kessel checking someone. :lol:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are you good with Photoshop? I never knew that. Did you guys know that about IPW? Do you make graphics and memes and stuff?

Maybe he's a cyborg. That would explain why he's so good at this stuff. :becky:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I accept your apology, say I understand why you overreacted, and you then decide to act like a bitch about it?

Nice.