• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never Forget

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please take this brief time to share where you were 16 years ago today.

I was in the 8th grade at Hobart at the time and it was a peculiar year in my life. I was dealing with some anxiety issues at the time and called off sick that day. Now currently living in a condo in Valparaiso, Indiana with my mom and step-dad living a mile away, I could still and likely always will be able to point out which particular NBA video from their basement, for which I had watched that day 16 years ago in order to kill time and to avoid and keep away from the news of that horrid morning...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was living with my girlfriend at the time. I had the day off from work. We were sleeping when, her daughter, who was getting ready for school and had the tv on, opened the bedroom door and said "Mom, there are terrorists everywhere."

Girlfriend says: "Are they in the living room?" Daughter says, "No." Girlfriend says, "Then go to school."

A little bit later, the girlfriend has gotten up to get ready for work and comes into the bedroom and says "What did my daughter say when she came in this morning?" I said, "She said there are terrorists everywhere."

She says, "You need to come out and look at the news. The twin towers are on fire."

Basically spent most of the day watching the coverage in stunned silence.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in 7th grade gym class looking at the smoke from a window wondering if my dad was alive or not.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Seattle getting ready to go to work and taking care of my son who turned 1 month that day. Turned on the news while they were saying there was an air plane accident with the twin towers and just moments later the second plane hit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in 7th grade in Ohio. I was in U.S. History class and my teacher stopped class and turned on the tv. And announcement came on the intercom for the entire school to get to a safe place, like a tornado warning. Nobody knew if they were going to start attacking everywhere in the U.S. It was crazy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a freshman at the University of Dayton walking between my honors english class and global politics class when i saw the news in the student union.

I was at UD for less than 3 weeks when it happened. One of my newer "friends" at the time had an uncle who was a firefigher in NY that died trying to help people evacuate. I remember our RA treated him and 2 people he could pick to go out to dinner- he picked me and another one of our floormates.

That "friend" and the other floor-mate became 2 of my best friends and we are still great friends to this day.

being in Dayton- near Wright Patt- we heard a sonic boom of fighters taking off not soon after and it scared the shit out of us and shook our dorm.

We saw B-2's, harriers etc. fly over our building quite a bit while at UD.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freshman in college, sitting in my early morning calc class when another student comes in late and said "some plane just crashed into a building in new york". That's all he said and none of us really understood that this was more than a plane crash. After class I went back to my dorm and found everyone watching tv in the common area. Got there just in time to see the 2nd plane hit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freshman in college, sitting in my early morning calc class when another student comes in late and said "some plane just crashed into a building in new york". That's all he said and none of us really understood that this was more than a plane crash. After class I went back to my dorm and found everyone watching tv in the common area. Got there just in time to see the 2nd plane hit.

Had a very similar experience.

Was my 4th year in college and was sitting in class. A girl got a phone all and started hysterically crying. Word slowly spread, then our professor turned on the news coverage. There were a few people who had friends/family working in one of the trade center buildings. I found out later that the girl's boyfriend was killed in the attacks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was going to work, turned on ESPN to listen to sports talk and thought someone was puttin' on a gag...

then i saw the news on TV a bit later, wishing i was back in the Air Force...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just landed in Japan. I was checking into my hotel room that evening. I turned on CNN and watched the second one fly in. I called home and had them turn on the tv. The wierdest thing? I flew the Boston to San Diego flight the week before.

Damn

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just landed in Japan. I was checking into my hotel room that evening. I turned on CNN and watched the second one fly in. I called home and had them turn on the tv. The wierdest thing? I flew the Boston to San Diego flight the week before.

Damn
What were you doing in Japan?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cane I spend a good deal of time doing business in Asia. Probably on the road 10 weeks a year.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th grade, waking to my mom on the phone, glued to the tv yelling "OMG". I thought it was a normal plane crash, until I got to school and my science teacher was explaining what exactly was going on.

Now, we know it was a no fly zone through out the country. So we're sitting in class, and next thing we hear was a plane flying over our school. I was so scared, I almost shitted on myself.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building collapses at 4:37 in this vid...R.I.P. Mr. Cosgrove and best wishes to his family all these years later...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was home at the time watching TV. Saw the 1st plane hit, thought it was an accident, wish I had been right. That was the day the world changed forever, nothing has been the same since.