• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nemanja Nedovic working on Buy-out

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemanja Nedovic Working On Buyout To Sign With Warriors - RealGM Wiretap

The Warriors are going to sign Nedovic. Most likely he'll become our 3rd PG right away. Adding him gives us the following guaranteed contracts:

1) Curry
2) Thompson
3) Iggy
4) Lee
5) Bogut
6) Barnes
7) Green
8) Ezeli
9) Speights
10) Douglas
11) O'Neal
12) Nedovic

Non-Guaranteed contracts are Bazemore, Machado, Jones, & Murphy.

I have a feeling they'll keep Bazemore, and have 2 open spots. Bringing in Nedovic makes Machado probably expendable.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemanja Nedovic ‏@nedovic1624 6m

Officially a Warrior!
Retweeted by Rusty Simmons

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a nice 12-man rotation. The 8-man for the playoffs should be right up there with everyone else, too.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a nice 12-man rotation. The 8-man for the playoffs should be right up there with everyone else, too.

Its going to be interesting to see how Jackson dishes the minutes

1. Steph 36
  2. Klay 36
  3. Iggy 32
  4. D. Lee 36
  5. Bogut 30

That leaves 70 minutes for the bench?
30 mins to HB

15 mins to Speights

10 mins to Green

10 mins to Baze?

5 mins and scraps to Douglas, JO,Nedo, Machado in garbage time?

Heres my concern with Nedo coming over this year, we have a "deep team" There's not going to be many minutes for the guy, would it be better to have him run the D league team for a few months or just to ride the pine until an injury opens up playing time up here?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Steph 36
  2. Klay 36
  3. Iggy 32
  4. D. Lee 36
  5. Bogut 30

30 mins to HB

15 mins to Speights

10 mins to Green

10 mins to Baze?

Heres my concern with Nedo coming over this year, we have a "deep team" There's not going to be many minutes for the guy, would it be better to have him run the D league team for a few months or just to ride the pine until an injury opens up playing time up here?

I would imagine that Baze would be one of the bench players and Douglas would at least start the year getting the majority of the back up minutes at the 1. Baze might not see the court for a while with the depth we have at the 2/3 position.

Personally I would like to see Nedo get reps in the D-League. One of his strengths is his athleticism, but he still will need to adjust to the speed of the NBA. I have a feeling he'll be shuttling back and forth a lot between the D-League and the big club. Even if he gets to run in practice with the NBA team it's very beneficial as a player.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that Baze would be one of the bench players and Douglas would at least start the year getting the majority of the back up minutes at the 1. Baze might not see the court for a while with the depth we have at the 2/3 position.

Personally I would like to see Nedo get reps in the D-League. One of his strengths is his athleticism, but he still will need to adjust to the speed of the NBA. I have a feeling he'll be shuttling back and forth a lot between the D-League and the big club. Even if he gets to run in practice with the NBA team it's very beneficial as a player.

Nedo wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in the Euroleagues, I believe he was avering 10pts 4 dimes a game? He may the be the Euro Derrick Rose, but in America, those are a dime a dozen?

I was able to scroll ahead on my DVR, I already have he Dubs game on 7/13/13 set to record, I hope Nedo gets 20+ mins to run, I want to see how he does against NBA D League talent, it should be a step up vs some of the competition he's gotten in the last few years?

Folks tell me the Spanish / Italy leagues over there have good players, but they still can't compare to the NBA on a nightly basis.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea NBK I have all 3 games set to record already. The Dubs got me so excited I feel like the Summer League is more like Preseason Football to me now lol.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in the Euroleagues, I believe he was avering 10pts 4 dimes a game? He may the be the Euro Derrick Rose, but in America, those are a dime a dozen?

I was able to scroll ahead on my DVR, I already have he Dubs game on 7/13/13 set to record, I hope Nedo gets 20+ mins to run, I want to see how he does against NBA D League talent, it should be a step up vs some of the competition he's gotten in the last few years?

Folks tell me the Spanish / Italy leagues over there have good players, but they still can't compare to the NBA on a nightly basis.
The Euro game is vastly different. They just cycle players like crazy. So they don't really get a ton of minutes per game. So your overall ppg/apg analysis isn't really a fair assessment.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, I don't expect much from him this season.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, I don't expect much from him this season.

Agree, I would just like to see if he has the ability to get to the rim since thats what I heard intrigued the Warriors about him. I think it's good to have him here this year as it allows him to adjust to the NBA without pressure or high expectations. Can't wait for summer league! Can't believe I just typed that. :laugh3:

mayo63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer league starts Friday, correct?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer league starts Friday, correct?

I'm not sure the actual start date, but I do know the Warriors first game is on Saturday at 1pm.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Steph 36
  2. Klay 36
  3. Iggy 32
  4. D. Lee 36
  5. Bogut 30

30 mins to HB

15 mins to Speights

10 mins to Green

10 mins to Baze?

Basically, Sushi's response, but I would like to add that I hope Steph and Lee (and Klay to a certain extent) don't get as many minutes as last year. I don't think they will need them to play as often. Barnes gets an uptick, as you pointed out. Iggy, obviously, helps balance things out, but there will be plenty of minutes to keep Speights, Douglas, O'Neal and Ezeli (when he returns) happy. I'm fine with Bogut staying on 15-20 minutes until the playoff stretch run, tbh. Him and Curry are the key to this team's possible post-season success. If anything, I worry about Green getting lost in the shuffle. He needs more minutes at the 3, improving on perimeter D and working on his mid-range jumper. Some of his time will come at the 4, but I feel good about his ability to get rebound positioning, and that is really all that is asked of him in that role. Good problems to have.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the knock on the Warriors this offseason was how thin their bench was gonna be. I'm loving what this front office is doing.

Their rooks have another year under the belt, they picked up a decent replacement for Landry, a PG that can actually defend a pick and roll, and a big that doesn't have bricks for hands. They have a 10 deep rotation right now(with Ezeli out and Ne-Man adjusting to the NBA).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea NBK I have all 3 games set to record already. The Dubs got me so excited I feel like the Summer League is more like Preseason Football to me now lol.

Anything's better than watching our Giants fall on their faces over, and over and over, :L

But I read somewhere he will only play 1 game and then fly back to fulfill his Lithuania National Team Duties?

IF this is the case, I hope he gets 30 mins 7/13/13

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything's better than watching our Giants fall on their faces over, and over and over, :L

But I read somewhere he will only play 1 game and then fly back to fulfill his Lithuania National Team Duties?

IF this is the case, I hope he gets 30 mins 7/13/13

The practices are probably just as important for the staff, but as a fan, I'd love to see him get at least 30 minutes. Hell I'd even run him out there for the full 40. Test his conditioning from the get go.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with any Nedo news?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nedovic led Serbia in a small European tournament (including the UK, Turkey, and Slovenia) over the last 10 days or so. Nedovic had at least 2 good games, including leading Serbia to victory over Slovenia (with Goran Dragic) in the final. In the final, he played 30 minutes, went 6-10 from the field (including 2-4 from 3-point range), 6-8 free throws, and apparently dominated Dragic, including taking 2 charges from him. Dragic ended up only playing 14 minutes.

Here's the box score from that game, though I'm not sure what language it's in, and I can only figure out the columns toward the left. It looks like he got 4 assists, but I'm not 100% sure on that. >>> LIVE <<<

I know he had another game where he got 15 points on great shooting...... seems like former NBA center Nenad Krstic wont the tournament MVP, though arguably it could have been Nedovic.

Good sign for the W's.