• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to drop 1 in Commish league. Thoughts?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to drop one guy from either list. Wanted to make a poll but cant figure out how

OF
  • Aoki
  • Fowler
  • Heyward
  • Beltran
  • Crisp
  • Car-Go

RP
  • Balfour
  • Uehara
  • Mujica

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your format and how many do you start by position?

The answer depends entirely on league format.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your format and how many do you start by position?

The answer depends entirely on league format.

H2H Commish league. 3 OF, 1 DH, 5 pitchers (can be starting or relief), 7 reserve on the whole team

Right now I got 6 OFers, 3RPs & 6SPs, 8 reserve. Need to keep all my SPs for starts so one of the OFers or RPs need to go. Got to get my lineup set by noon

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2H Commish league. 3 OF, 1 DH, 5 pitchers (can be starting or relief), 7 reserve on the whole team

Right now I got 6 OFers, 3RPs & 6SPs, 8 reserve. Need to keep all my SPs for starts so one of the OFers or RPs need to go. Got to get my lineup set by noon

Line-ups are daily then?

Do you start an OF in your UTIL spot?

If line-ups are daily, then you need all 3 closers since you can rotate starters through.

There is no reason to keep 6 OF if you can only play 4 at the most. All of those guys are good, but you could use the extra roster spot for a pitcher.

I would drop Aoki if you play on OF at UTIL. If you play someone other than those OFs at your UTIL spot, then you either need to trade or to consider dropping another hitter in addition to dropping Aoki.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using Allen Craig at DH right (multi-position eligible but I got Lind at 1st now)

Maybe I should consider moving Craig to 1st & dropping Lind?

Yep lineups are daily

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, all those guys are very good and useful players. I am guessing you are in a 10 team league? Even 12 teamers that only start 9 hitters tend to be pretty shallow.

Look at your free agent list. My bet is that it will be full of good hitter options, as good or maybe slightly worse than Lind or Aoki. I would also wager that if you had a hitter get hurt, you would have some solid choices as replacement options.

If I am right on that, then yes. I would also drop Lind, move Craig to 1B and pick up another pitcher. It is good to have 1 or 2 hitters on your bench in daily leagues, but too many can cost you.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, all those guys are very good and useful players. I am guessing you are in a 10 team league? Even 12 teamers that only start 9 hitters tend to be pretty shallow.

Look at your free agent list. My bet is that it will be full of good hitter options, as good or maybe slightly worse than Lind or Aoki. I would also wager that if you had a hitter get hurt, you would have some solid choices as replacement options.

If I am right on that, then yes. I would also drop Lind, move Craig to 1B and pick up another pitcher. It is good to have 1 or 2 hitters on your bench in daily leagues, but too many can cost you.

Its 10 teams

We allow each team to have 2 on DL & 2 in minors w/o affecting the daily lineup. Im one guy over the limit for actives (21) so guess Ill move Craig to 1st & dump Lind

Can only pick up another arm if somebody active now goes on DL

Sure appreciate your input!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Tlance, depending on the size of your league, you should be able to trade one (any) of those OF for a pitcher or whatever. Have you explored that idea yet?

I know you said it's gotta be by noon, so if trade is highly unlikely, I'd drop Aoki and Uehera.... but I wouldn't like it.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Tlance, depending on the size of your league, you should be able to trade one (any) of those OF for a pitcher or whatever. Have you explored that idea yet?

I know you said it's gotta be by noon, so if trade is highly unlikely, I'd drop Aoki and Uehera.... but I wouldn't like it.

10 teams. I was one guy over the limit for actives. Just dropped Lind & put Craig in 1st (had him as DH). Dont have room for anybody else unless one of them goes on DL

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, the guys to go would be Crisp & Uehara. I look at he and Aoki as very similar players, but feel that Aoki is less dinged and more durable at this moment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crisp vs. Aoki is a matter of preference. I don't get why you guys are suggesting he drop a closer with elite ratios in a daily league. Uehara could be a real difference maker and he will be in the line-up every day. At most, 4 of the 6 OFs are in the line-up.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the guys to go would be Crisp & Uehara. I look at he and Aoki as very similar players, but feel that Aoki is less dinged and more durable at this moment.

Aoki is OF & Uehara RP

Crisp vs. Aoki is a matter of preference. I don't get why you guys are suggesting he drop a closer with elite ratios in a daily league. Uehara could be a real difference maker and he will be in the line-up every day.

:agree:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why you guys are suggesting he drop a closer with elite ratios in a daily league. Uehara could be a real difference maker and he will be in the line-up every day. At most, 4 of the 6 OFs are in the line-up.

Job security issues?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Crisp to Aoki to be clear.

Job security isn't great for Uehara. But in a 10 team league with only 3 OF starters, there are probably a dozen guys like Aoki on the free agent list.

How many closers are there? Maybe guys like Heath Bell or Jose Veras, but I doubt there are any with Uehara's upside.

I have a friend who plays in a similar H2H format on CBS with 3 OF spots. He recently dropped Starling Marte for Jason Heyward. It is absolutely shocking some of the names who end up on the free agent list in leagues like this. Replacement bats are very easy to find.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Job security isn't great for Uehara. But in a 10 team league with only 3 OF starters, there are probably a dozen guys like Aoki on the free agent list.

How many closers are there? Maybe guys like Heath Bell or Jose Veras, but I doubt there are any with Uehara's upside.

I have a friend who plays in a similar H2H format on CBS with 3 OF spots. He recently dropped Starling Marte for Jason Heyward. It is absolutely shocking some of the names who end up on the free agent list in leagues like this. Replacement bats are very easy to find.

Go with Uehara then, and hope that Bailey does not find himself. As you mentioned, while he is closing, he will be very valuable.

And, for the other part, I myself would rather have Marte than Hayward. In fact, I think I flat cut Hayward in a league to get Marte, and have been very happy about it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you thought about dropping CarGo? hehehe ;)