• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

need some keeper league help

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mentioned this league before, but here are the rules again...

standard 5x5 rotisserie league 12 owners

it is an auction league with contracts- but for this question I wont even get into the slightly confusing contract rules...

we all keep 10 major leaguers and up to 8 minor leaguers

There is no bench and we start C,C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF, U, 9 pitchers(total 23 players

right now my keepers are

Goldy-25
Kris Bryant-19
Carlos Correa-14
Logan Forsythe-2
Eduardo Nunez-5
Dexter Fowler-4
Max Scherzer-55
Masahiro Tanaka-17
John Lackey- 4
Seung Hwan Oh- 5

total= 150

We have a total 260 dollars for the auction... that will give me 110 left...

Was just offered a trade my 4 overall pick(minor league draft) for Madison Bumgarner for 44

I have 3 options

1. Accept trade and keep both Scherzer and Bumgarner and my total would now be 192( I would not keep Forsythe)
2. Accept trade and NOT keep Scherzer(hopefully trade scherzer) total would be 139
3. Reject offer...

is 192 too much money to go into the auction with?? that is only 68 more dollars...
is saving 11 dollars worth losing a potential top prospect??

Right now I am leaning on option 1, as that would make my team absolutely crazy... would give me 5 players that are normally taken in the first 24 picks... and hopefully with the 68 dollars left I could still get one more expensive player...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to the pickle... was just offered Keuchel(3) AND Carlos Rodon(4) for that same 4th pick...

the twist is that this is both players last year to be kept unless I extend them 5 dollars per year...

if I accept this trade, I am not sure who I would NOT keep...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the options you are looking at with the 4th overall pick? Is it just from last years MLB draft or is it any prospect that is not kept? I think I would go with the first option as well. I wouldn't consider the second offer.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of positions to fill with $68.... but I think I would have fun with it.

Rodon and Kuechel are interesting though... not sure what to think about Kuechel. He could certainly get his ratios back from two years ago. Rodon should be worth the extension, imo.

Tough call... to second Shady, who you are looking at with the 4th pick could make a difference; and as I type that I'm disagreeing with myself... so maybe it won't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the options you are looking at with the 4th overall pick? Is it just from last years MLB draft or is it any prospect that is not kept? I think I would go with the first option as well. I wouldn't consider the second offer.

Lots of positions to fill with $68.... but I think I would have fun with it.

Rodon and Kuechel are interesting though... not sure what to think about Kuechel. He could certainly get his ratios back from two years ago. Rodon should be worth the extension, imo.

Tough call... to second Shady, who you are looking at with the 4th pick could make a difference; and as I type that I'm disagreeing with myself... so maybe it won't.

We only have a 2 round minor league draft so generally most upstarts are available... and of course the players who were drafted in the last minor league draft are available...

the top available prospects would be Ozzie Albies, Eloy Jiminez, Michael Kopech, Mickey Moniak, Francis Martes, Willy Adames, Nick Senzel...

So some good names there... But i don't think it makes a difference... I don't really want the pick... I already own Yoan Moncada and Hunter Renfroe...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is top pitching always that pricey in this league? I know you have some complicated salary rules but I think I'd have a hard time committing $99 of my $260 on two players, especially two pitchers. Granted, so long as they stay healthy they are 2 of the top 5 pitchers in the league, but that's still a lot. Please update us with your roster if you do this! It would be fun to see how you fill out the rest of your roster with $68! LOL That's a true starts and scrubs approach. I'd really like to see what you could put together. I personally play too conservatively to go all in on stars/scrubs like that. I like my risk more evenly spread out, but that's just me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is top pitching always that pricey in this league? I know you have some complicated salary rules but I think I'd have a hard time committing $99 of my $260 on two players, especially two pitchers. Granted, so long as they stay healthy they are 2 of the top 5 pitchers in the league, but that's still a lot. Please update us with your roster if you do this! It would be fun to see how you fill out the rest of your roster with $68! LOL That's a true starts and scrubs approach. I'd really like to see what you could put together. I personally play too conservatively to go all in on stars/scrubs like that. I like my risk more evenly spread out, but that's just me.

no, you are looking at goldy being so cheap... that is because i got him for 5 dollars... i extended him for 4 years when i had to... same thing with Correa and Bryant(who i am extending both this coming season, i had both players for 4 dollars)...

On my roster i have Gioncarlo Stanton for 59 dollars... I am just not keeping him... In this keeper league the studs that get thrown back into the draft ALL go for a lot of money... Not just the pitching...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you are looking at goldy being so cheap... that is because i got him for 5 dollars... i extended him for 4 years when i had to... same thing with Correa and Bryant(who i am extending both this coming season, i had both players for 4 dollars)...

On my roster i have Gioncarlo Stanton for 59 dollars... I am just not keeping him... In this keeper league the studs that get thrown back into the draft ALL go for a lot of money... Not just the pitching...

Yeah, you do have a lot of built in value with your keeper bats to offset the steep cost of your pitching if you do this.... That's where keeper leagues with contracts make it harder to judge salaries. Thinking about it in totality (not just focusing on the cost of the two pitchers) you are essentially paying about $20 a player for your first 10 picks and have around $5 a player available for your next 13. In a redraft auction draft I don't think you could put that group of 10 together for $192....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just accepted the deal for madbum... so now i have only 68 dollars left...

BUT !!!!!!! now the Kershaw owner wants to offer me Kershaw for Hunter renfroe... Kershaw is worth 61 dollars... am i crazy to want to see the 3 best SP in the same rotation....

If i did that trade i would not be keeping tanaka... and i would have only 27 dollars left for 13 players...

But my rotation would be absolutely set... is this greed talking, or does this actually make good strategy...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's greed talking at this point. I probably would have kept the pick and snagged Eloy. You need some money left to build around these players.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's greed talking at this point. I probably would have kept the pick and snagged Eloy. You need some money left to build around these players.

sure, but it is fun thinking about that rotation...

and i am clearly a win now team, how valuable is eloy to me?? especially when i can turn him into mad bum for 45(not the 44 i thought).

and to be honest, i think this seasons player pool is very weak... of course it won't be, but i do think its very top heavy..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had this draft last night...

My keepers were

Goldy-25
Kris Bryant-19
Carlos Correa-14
Eduardo Nunez-5
Dexter Fowler-4
Max Scherzer-55
Madison Bumgarner-45
John Lackey- 4
Seung Hwan Oh- 5
Dallas Keuchel-8

so I had 76 dollars left for 13 players in a 2 catcher league

my team ended up:

C- Jeff Bandy
C- Chris Herrmann
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Josh Harrison
3B- Kris Bryant
SS- Carlos Correa
MI- Eduardo Nunez
CI- steve pearce
OF-Dexter Fowler
OF- Matt Kemp
OF- Curtis Granderson
OF- the astronomer
OF- Kevin Kiermeyer
U- Kendrys Morales

P- Lackey, Scherzer, Bumgarner, Keuchel, Greinke, Shoemaker, Foltynewicz
RP- OH, Glover

There is no bench...

Obviously my Catchers suck, but I am optimistic on both of them as they are both in great offensive situations...
Josh Harrison, I am not a fan of, but felt like I had to draft him to get the speed I needed...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had this draft last night...

My keepers were

Goldy-25
Kris Bryant-19
Carlos Correa-14
Eduardo Nunez-5
Dexter Fowler-4
Max Scherzer-55
Madison Bumgarner-45
John Lackey- 4
Seung Hwan Oh- 5
Dallas Keuchel-8

so I had 76 dollars left for 13 players in a 2 catcher league

my team ended up:

C- Jeff Bandy
C- Chris Herrmann
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Josh Harrison
3B- Kris Bryant
SS- Carlos Correa
MI- Eduardo Nunez
CI- steve pearce
OF-Dexter Fowler
OF- Matt Kemp
OF- Curtis Granderson
OF- the astronomer
OF- Kevin Kiermeyer
U- Kendrys Morales

P- Lackey, Scherzer, Bumgarner, Keuchel, Greinke, Shoemaker, Foltynewicz
RP- OH, Glover

There is no bench...

Obviously my Catchers suck, but I am optimistic on both of them as they are both in great offensive situations...
Josh Harrison, I am not a fan of, but felt like I had to draft him to get the speed I needed...

That's pretty good work considering your bank.

You're not scared of Greinke?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty good work considering your bank.

You're not scared of Greinke?

a little... but he is a veteran... he knows how to pitch... plus, 17 dollars for him is pretty nice, and if he does anything close to his pre CY seasons, he would be a clear keeper...