• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebrasketball @ Penn State

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Pitchford draining all those 3's last year was what helped us go on that run.

His release is so shaky though that it was just a matter of time before it didn't work anymore. He caught fire last year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Pitchford draining all those 3's last year was what helped us go on that run.

His release is so shaky though that it was just a matter of time before it didn't work anymore. He caught fire last year.

That shiz runnin' off of Petteway.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: Barry Collier's teams could have scored more points. FML

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shiz runnin' off of Petteway.

So he's missing all those same pick 'n pops this year that he was making last year simply because he's afraid? Because Petteway has him feeling less valuable?

I've played this here game for years. There is sech a thing as going into a shooting slump. Our entire team is in a scoring slump right now, including Petteway.....and the reason why is because the expectations weren't there last year, but they are this year. Our team was under extreme pressure from the minute that we started the season ranked #21 in the country.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shavon has taken a shit ton of shots too.....it's not just Petteway.

Shavon has been off all season. He's been bad to be quite honest.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's missing all those same pick 'n pops this year that he was making last year simply because he's afraid? Because Petteway has him feeling less valuable?

I've played this here game for years. There is sech a thing as going into a shooting slump. Our entire team is in a scoring slump right now, including Petteway.....and the reason why is because the expectations weren't there last year, but they are this year. Our team was under extreme pressure from the minute that we started the season ranked #21 in the country.

I've played the game a lot longer than you. Yeah. I know there's such a thing as a shooting slump. Just like there's such a thing as a batting slump. That is what I'm saying. Petteway is the top dog, he's the one the media highlights, he's the go to for the team. When he doesn't keep his emotions in check the rest of the team falls apart. That won't be the case in the NBA. He'll just ride the pine.

I'm ready to see Mlles' Generation II players next season. That can only happen if Petteway moves along.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska-Baseball.jpg

^ 5 DAYS ^

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do ye think perhaps Miles should take a little bit of the blame for not quieting Petteway down by now?

It ain't like we can't keep Petteway off the floor. Miles doesn't have to play him 37 out of 40 mins every game. He could sit his ass to straighten him out.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because really it's like we're sitting here saying, "my God I can't wait til Petteway is gone so that Miles doesn't HAVE to play him anymore and then we can win finally."

If we're gonna complain about a player then the guy playing the player should take the bulk of the blame.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do ye think perhaps Miles should take a little bit of the blame for not quieting Petteway down by now?

It ain't like we can't keep Petteway off the floor. Miles doesn't have to play him 37 out of 40 mins every game. He could sit his ass to straighten him out.

Who else is Miles gonna play, Menke?

Andrew White III has to sit on transfer rules. Tarin Smith is just a freshmen.

There's no fixing bad chemistry with the current roster.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Tarin and Tai Miles could easily bench Petteway for an additional 10 mins.

I mean, if he's killing the team that badly, then Miles would play him less. We have a deep bench as we rotate in 10 different players. But Petteway just never comes out of the game. And the reason is because as Miles has said several times, he thinks Petteway is the bomb and it's the other players who need to step up.

Not my words.....Miles' words.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Tarin and Tai Miles could easily bench Petteway for an additional 10 mins.

I mean, if he's killing the team that badly, then Miles would play him less. We have a deep bench as we rotate in 10 different players. But Petteway just never comes out of the game. And the reason is because as Miles has said several times, he thinks Petteway is the bomb and it's the other players who need to step up.

Not my words.....Miles' words.

Got a recent link?

I believe he'd say "other players need to step up". That's a given. I don't believe he said Petteway is "the bomb".

I'm saying the other players need to step up too. My point is they feed off of Petteway's highs/lows.

I think we digest what we read/hear differently.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he said it damn neared every presser. He never puts the fault on Petteway. He just continually says, "I don't want to ever tell him to shoot less because with a guy as good as Petteway you just gotta let him play and do what he does."

Anyways, think about it this way. If Petteway does come back next year, which I believe he does.......then beings as we have new Miles Generation players coming in, that should mean he'll play Petteway less. Amirite?