• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Northwestern -- Game 7

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Alonzo Moore needs to be benched. He constantly made mistakes. Tommy yelled at him twice at least, that was when Tommy specifically ran at Alonzo to yell at him.

But Alonzo was semi-clutch 2 weeks ago. He did have a couple critical catches during MSU game & had a chance at the game winner. He just needs some
bag_balm.jpg
to soften up the hands.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and Bowl Eligible, baby.

Right now, Music City, Pinstripe, Detroit, Heart of Dallas, and San Francisco will be willing to take the Cornhuskers.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bo Pelini has earned as bonuses

Guaranteed this year, Bowl Game Appearance = $150,000

A 50-50 chance to win at this point
Wins or ties for division, does not go to B1G Championship game = $100,000

Still has a slight shot at

Wins Division or Appears in the B1G Championship = $200,000
Wins B1G Championship = #350,000

A very Outside shot at
Appears in a BCS game = $250,000

A very small, remote chance
Appears in NC Game = $350,000
Wins the NC Game = $650,000

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it, just heard about it. Thought it was hilarious because I know peeps who went ballistic over it.

Well, you are the only JaySker on this board I know of, so was looking for an opinion.

What it did do, is piss Cornhusker players off.

I'm loving it because I think his aim was to call out JaySkers. You know, picking up the scarlet and cream when it's football season. Drunk me in this thread called him a faggot, and he is, but sober me loved the irony.

Tough situation for jayskers.

Last edited by a moderator:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shook my head looking at the top10 polls.......Bama beats a slumping tamu team and jumps back into the race. playoffs should be called the sec invitational.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do they not? when Baylor loses to WVU and Mich St looked terrible in the first half against Indiana. Their 1 loss was on the road in a close game to the #3 team. of course that #3 team is really going to have to prove they belong over the next 2 weeks at LSU and then Auburn comes to town.

Of course, I'm still not up on the SEC hype. but I don't feel like getting into it on the SEC hype thread in the other forum.

there just isn't much you can do about it in the polls because they started the year there and won't drop until they lose multiple games. it's also a little BS to me that LSU climbs back in after beating those awesome teams of Florida and Kentucky.

I'm still leaning towards 1.FSU, 2.SEC Winner, 3/4/5 is Oregon, Mich St, Big 12 Winner as the final 4. maybe 2 SEC teams if Oregon, Mich St, and Big 12 champs slip which is highly possible, but I think the committee wants to use conference champs as much as possible.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do they not? when Baylor loses to WVU and Mich St looked terrible in the first half against Indiana. Their 1 loss was on the road in a close game to the #3 team. of course that #3 team is really going to have to prove they belong over the next 2 weeks at LSU and then Auburn comes to town.

Of course, I'm still not up on the SEC hype. but I don't feel like getting into it on the SEC hype thread in the other forum.

there just isn't much you can do about it in the polls because they started the year there and won't drop until they lose multiple games. it's also a little BS to me that LSU climbs back in after beating those awesome teams of Florida and Kentucky.

I'm still leaning towards 1.FSU, 2.SEC Winner, 3/4/5 is Oregon, Mich St, Big 12 Winner as the final 4. maybe 2 SEC teams if Oregon, Mich St, and Big 12 champs slip which is highly possible, but I think the committee wants to use conference champs as much as possible.

Bama getting too much for a slumping tamu team
fsu should have passed msu since they got a win over a top5. since that was the reason for msu rise. msu ole miss and Bama will play each other but won't drop much because they will be all top 5.

fsu wins out locks 1 spot
sec will get 2
which leaves PAC 12 big 12 n big12 for 1 spot
remember big12 has no champ game so that will hurt the winner. also if fsu some how stumbles that will open another spot but that will probably go to you know who.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention auburn and they still have key battles left and iron bowl. which this year turkey day special will be huge with the iron bowl and egg bowl

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tOSU gets in if they beat Michigan St @ East Lansing and run the table.

Their loss to Va Tech was week 2 w/o B. Miller and their win in East Lansing will be a better win than Oregon's win in Eugene.

Buckeye's look to have ironed out their R/S QB issues.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be emphasis put on CCG winners over a 2 or 3 loss SEC team, but what does that do to the XII Conference? 1 loss still beats 2 losses in my book!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love u too

:pound:

I was texting my wife and looking at the Hoop at the same time and ended up writing this here. Imagine my surprise just now when I came back to this thread 2 hours later and found out that it ended up here. :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now your wife is wondering why you didn't say you love her back?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd agree on OSU. If the committee looks at the body of work. OSU looks much improved since that VT game, it was only the 2nd start for a guy that expected to be the backup for a Heisman candidate. they are so much improved since then. beating MSU and a highly ranked Nebraska in the CCG should get them in as a 1 loss Champion.

well, i shouldn't say should. they might get left out for 1 loss Pac 12 and 1 loss Big 12 champ.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd agree on OSU. If the committee looks at the body of work. OSU looks much improved since that VT game, it was only the 2nd start for a guy that expected to be the backup for a Heisman candidate. they are so much improved since then. beating MSU and a highly ranked Nebraska in the CCG should get them in as a 1 loss Champion.

well, i shouldn't say should. they might get left out for 1 loss Pac 12 and 1 loss Big 12 champ.

I'm not so sure they don't have the easiest path to stay at one loss (if they beat Michigan St).

Ohio St - Michigan St, (CCG - Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa)

Big XII one loss teams remaining

Kansas St - Texas, Oklahoma St, @ TCU, @ WVU, @ Baylor
Baylor - @ Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas St
TCU - @ WVU, Kansas St, @ Texas,

PAC 12 one loss teams remaining

Oregon - Stanford, @ Utah, @ Oregon St, (CCG - Utah, Arizona St, Arizona, USC, UCLA)
Arizona - @ UCLA, Washington, @ Utah, Arizona St, (CCG - Oregon, Stanford)
Arizona St - @ Washington, Utah, Notre Dame, Oregon St, @ Arizona, (CCG - Oregon, Stanford)
Utah - USC, @ Arizona St, Oregon, @ Stanford, Arizona, (CCG - Oregon, Stanford)

ACC one loss teams remaining -

Duke - @ Pitt, @ Syracuse, Va Tech, (CCG - Fla St)

Independent

Notre Dame - @ Arizona St, Louisville, @ USC

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be emphasis put on CCG winners over a 2 or 3 loss SEC team, but what does that do to the XII Conference? 1 loss still beats 2 losses in my book!

that why big 12 I'd kinda screwed that baylor tcu n ou all have losses . they can't use the sec excuse of beating up on each other. they need a champ game