• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Texas Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Finally here the 2015 season. ND is expected to have a really good season. It all starts with week 1 against Texas. A loss here and the season might be some what done(at least for playoffs). A win here against Texas and it can be a start of something special.

I am really excited about this year and I feel this will be a special year. I been calling for the season for 2 years now. I been saying this is the year we are back. No More Excuses by Kelly. He has his QB and all his players. OL and DL are deep, We have a lot of talent on this team(maybe 4-5 1st-2nd rd talent), Leaders every where, and we got the speed now. This is the team that has a shot. Stay healthy and we will be ok

Prediction: ND 31 Texas 17

ND's offense is too much for Texas and D steps up big time.

Lets Go Irish

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait. Really interested to see how both squads look now. If we're any kind of consistent with the Read-Option, with our receivers it's should be like shooting fish in a barrel. Between Zaire, Folston, Prosise, Anderson and Adams and behind our OL, we should be moving the chains at-will. We should be able to make D's pay for loading 8 in the box and if they don't the read-option should keep the chains moving.

Some pre-season stuff to think about... do we expect to be a predominately running, or passing, or balanced team? While I don't doubt the kid has talent, we need to remember Malik still has few starts under his belt and I wonder if Kelly won't want to see if he can control the game on the ground. Feels to me that with our receivers we can have a deadly passing attack but I'd like to see the run game completely established each and every game and early.

Do we expect to see the same crazy-assed play-calling from Kelly now that he's delegated some of that duty?

Does USC implode before we meet up with 'em? They have a lot of talent over there.

Is Purguy doing the Stat game again this year?

I don't want to take Texas lightly, although they did lose a lot of allegedly high quality recruits from Florida and it seems there is some static about how Charlie Strong does things here (seems like I've heard of at least 10 people to leave the program in the last couple years, often enough that it makes you wonder what's going on), I feel the Irish need to hit whatever benchmarks they have for this game. I want to see week-to-week improvement on some things, not stuff that would obviously take time to improve but like for example, I'd like to see us NOT use a single timeout on a change of possession on OFFENSE because we failed to get a play in and called on-time. That shit's happened way too often for my satisfaction.

I think the D should be a lot tighter, who do we give the nod to starting the year as being the more solid, the front seven or the secondary? I'd like to see what BVG has in store this year but I'm a bit worried that it feels like Schmidt is still the only one with enough of a clue to run the defense on the field. I have a feeling we might be susceptible to the run, but we look strong in the secondary.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait. Really interested to see how both squads look now. If we're any kind of consistent with the Read-Option, with our receivers it's should be like shooting fish in a barrel. Between Zaire, Folston, Prosise, Anderson and Adams and behind our OL, we should be moving the chains at-will. We should be able to make D's pay for loading 8 in the box and if they don't the read-option should keep the chains moving.

Some pre-season stuff to think about... do we expect to be a predominately running, or passing, or balanced team? While I don't doubt the kid has talent, we need to remember Malik still has few starts under his belt and I wonder if Kelly won't want to see if he can control the game on the ground. Feels to me that with our receivers we can have a deadly passing attack but I'd like to see the run game completely established each and every game and early.

Do we expect to see the same crazy-assed play-calling from Kelly now that he's delegated some of that duty?

Does USC implode before we meet up with 'em? They have a lot of talent over there.

Is Purguy doing the Stat game again this year?

I don't want to take Texas lightly, although they did lose a lot of allegedly high quality recruits from Florida and it seems there is some static about how Charlie Strong does things here (seems like I've heard of at least 10 people to leave the program in the last couple years, often enough that it makes you wonder what's going on), I feel the Irish need to hit whatever benchmarks they have for this game. I want to see week-to-week improvement on some things, not stuff that would obviously take time to improve but like for example, I'd like to see us NOT use a single timeout on a change of possession on OFFENSE because we failed to get a play in and called on-time. That shit's happened way too often for my satisfaction.

I think the D should be a lot tighter, who do we give the nod to starting the year as being the more solid, the front seven or the secondary? I'd like to see what BVG has in store this year but I'm a bit worried that it feels like Schmidt is still the only one with enough of a clue to run the defense on the field. I have a feeling we might be susceptible to the run, but we look strong in the secondary.
-I think we will be a balance team.
-I agree Malik is still young and will make some mistakes but this team is built for him to succeed. He has good RB's, the best Oline and plenty of receiving options. I think he will be fine. Just don't turn over the ball.
-Kelly needs to control himself. He needs to let this team do its thing. I don't mind a trick play every once in awhile but every game is just crazy.
-I hope USC has a good year because if we win it would be a quality win. I like when teams win on our schedule.
- Yes the Thread is up for the game.
- I like strong. He used to coach at ND and to be honest thought he would be next up if Kelly was fired. Texas is still texas and they have 2 very talented QB's. We need to hit them hard in the 1st Q. They are a young team playing at ND stadium. U score quick on them they might fold. U keep them around they might win.
-D is going to be really good in my opinion. We have a lot of athletes on that side of the ball. If the D can keep teams under 21pts a game we will be fine.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad you feel confident about the D, from what I'd heard impressions were that the line was the weak spot, our backers and secondary are stout. That makes me a little worried about our run-defense, but I would agree with you that by-and-large, with a long field we made it difficult at times for teams to drive the whole field and there were some really great red-zone stops in there as well.

Anyone with a pulse on the campus buzz? This has got to be one exciting week on campus. Anyone special coming, alums, etc.?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait, only a couple more days. Saturday will be the longest day since it's a night game. I'm actually starting to get a little nervous. High hopes this season, but I'm expecting a let down, as always.

38-17 Irish

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait, only a couple more days. Saturday will be the longest day since it's a night game. I'm actually starting to get a little nervous. High hopes this season, but I'm expecting a let down, as always.

38-17 Irish
Im some what with you but for once Im going in positive. If they let me down they let me down. I have Irish at 11-1 with a chance to go to playoffs.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I naive to expect us to run the ball more?

I highly doubt Kelly is going to have Malik throw quite as often as he had Golson throw. Then again, I'm probably wrong. I would love nothing more than to see us establish a run game, I really want to see more read option, especially with the emergence of Prosise.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. The guys on Power Hour expect TX to want to try to force Malik to pass early. They'll likely load up the box. Kelly's nature is to oblige when the defense does this. I'd like to see a commitment to the running game. It should pay off in the second half when Texas's lack of depth and inexperience on defense catches up with them.

They also expect ND to score at will against this team. The question mark, and will likely be the big question mark all year, is the defense. Can we hold up, will Jarron Jones' injury really hurt us. I don't think D. Cage is athletic enough to give you too many snaps and Tillery is too inexperienced. The interior line is going to have to exceed expectations for us to have a chance this year IMO.

But I am pretty excited too. Unfortunately, I will be away for a family vacation. Not sure if I'll be allowed to catch any of the game, as the Mrs. says I yell too much.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I naive to expect us to run the ball more?

I highly doubt Kelly is going to have Malik throw quite as often as he had Golson throw. Then again, I'm probably wrong. I would love nothing more than to see us establish a run game, I really want to see more read option, especially with the emergence of Prosise.
Yes we will run more and use the read option more. QB will run more this year to.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. The guys on Power Hour expect TX to want to try to force Malik to pass early. They'll likely load up the box. Kelly's nature is to oblige when the defense does this. I'd like to see a commitment to the running game. It should pay off in the second half when Texas's lack of depth and inexperience on defense catches up with them.

They also expect ND to score at will against this team. The question mark, and will likely be the big question mark all year, is the defense. Can we hold up, will Jarron Jones' injury really hurt us. I don't think D. Cage is athletic enough to give you too many snaps and Tillery is too inexperienced. The interior line is going to have to exceed expectations for us to have a chance this year IMO.

But I am pretty excited too. Unfortunately, I will be away for a family vacation. Not sure if I'll be allowed to catch any of the game, as the Mrs. says I yell too much.
I think we will see the real ND team in the 2nd half. i think the 1st half both teams will get their feet wet. there will be nerves, mistakes and some ugly play in the 1st half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im off Friday so 1 more day of work and its a long labor day weekend for me and opening day of ND. So excited. Cant wait. Lets Go Irish. Also can't wait to watch the ND show on tue.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Saturday yet?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit right? So excited for this game. Very interested to see what each side of the ball can do.

Looking forward to seeing the offense. Defense worries me a little

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing the offense. Defense worries me a little
Im not too worried about the D. I think pass D will be fine, we will lack in sacks but will get some pressure and our Run D will be ok. Overall I think D will be in the Top40.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta play the game to win it, expect great things this season. Nervous, gotta get the first win.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is that come Sat. We still gotta wait until 7:30 well, 7:45 when it actually starts.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st game always makes me nervous because we truly don't know what we got and if u lose that 1st game the rest of the season has a shot be a dead season.