• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Pitt Pre Game Thread: 12pm

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, you want to take pride in that win go right ahead. i want my team to be better than that. it's shameful when a team barely beats a team that has so much less talent. i don't care where it was played, that they have one player who eats kids or how big you think the game was for the underdog. unless you believe in magic that stuff means almost nothing. nd had 2 freaking weeks to prepare ... and came in unprepared. that's doesn't make me happy. it doesn't make me happy that they almost always start a game unprepared and have to play catch up.
they won. good! but THEY WERE LUCKY!

Says the guy who believes in luck. . . .

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't believe in luck. I think good teams and good players put themselves into position to make what seems like "lucky" plays or "lucky" wins.

Calling it luck kind of detracts from the effort and the talent level. Like Irish said, of course good teams look more lucky than "unlucky" teams, because lucky teams are purely good.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it was the talented team that wins, not the lucky ones. But you said that we were the lucky one, so I figured that made Temple the talented one. And yes I'm saying that we are lucky, and we are especially lucky when we have really good teams, because I think that you make your own luck. So I believe the better teams tend to be the lucky teams. With respect to the Luck of the Irish, It actually sounds like you are the one saying that we are lucky, because you think we win these amazing games without being talented. So as you say, it must be luck. I'm the one saying good throws and good catches and good defensive plays equal lucky finishes.

are you serious with this reply? playing with words? tell you what ... we're thru talking.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't believe in luck. I think good teams and good players put themselves into position to make what seems like "lucky" plays or "lucky" wins.

Calling it luck kind of detracts from the effort and the talent level. Like Irish said, of course good teams look more lucky than "unlucky" teams, because lucky teams are purely good.

the old saw about teams "putting themselves into position to seem lucky is hogwash. luck isn't something handed out good teams. luck is an equal opportunity thing. spouting those cutsie little clichés doesn't help your case.

and BOTH sides give effort. cancels out. and good teams do NOT look more lucky. they look more talented and better run. depending on luck gives you minimal success some of the time. BEING good gives you optimal success most of the time. how "lucky" has notre dame been the past 20 years or so?

trust me ... if you were a temple fan you'd be agonizing right now over how lucky nd was in that last minute.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just have 1 thing to say after being ranked in the 1st polls #5. Just keep on winning and we are in. Lets go Irish. no let down game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old saw about teams "putting themselves into position to seem lucky is hogwash. luck isn't something handed out good teams. luck is an equal opportunity thing. spouting those cutsie little clichés doesn't help your case.

and BOTH sides give effort. cancels out. and good teams do NOT look more lucky. they look more talented and better run. depending on luck gives you minimal success some of the time. BEING good gives you optimal success most of the time. how "lucky" has notre dame been the past 20 years or so?

trust me ... if you were a temple fan you'd be agonizing right now over how lucky nd was in that last minute.
Oh for fuck's sake! Apparently ND wins in spite of itself in your eyes. Since you keep spouting this nonsense, what exactly about the game winning drive was luck versus skill. This should be fun picking apart. Go.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious with this reply? playing with words? tell you what ... we're thru talking.

Thanks, that's the best news I've had all day.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake! Apparently ND wins in spite of itself in your eyes. Since you keep spouting this nonsense, what exactly about the game winning drive was luck versus skill. This should be fun picking apart. Go.

no need. i made myself clear.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need. i made myself clear.
Oh bullshit. Repeating yourself is not an an explanation. You want to chalk the win up to luck what play exactly was lucky to get us the win. Should be easy to do since you're so sure.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the selection committee didn't agree with idseer, then again I rarely do either.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh bullshit. Repeating yourself is not an an explanation. You want to chalk the win up to luck what play exactly was lucky to get us the win. Should be easy to do since you're so sure.

seriously, i'm not going to continue into a degenerating conversation. i say ND was lucky to win that game ... you disagree ... fine. the end.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, i'm not going to continue into a degenerating conversation. i say ND was lucky to win that game ... you disagree ... fine. the end.
That's elucidating.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irish #5 in the first playoff rankings. How mad does that make you?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish #5 in the first playoff rankings. How mad does that make you?

i'm sorry CI ... but that was just a childish and stupid remark. not that i give a shit what you think but i have been a notre dame fan one hell of a lot longer than most anyone else here. i've seen much better nd teams than this years incarnation but that doesn't mean i am ever sorry to see them winning, ranked and challenging. but that doesn't mean i drink the coolaid you seem to gulp down.
you believe you're cute with your little taunting comments but i just think you're stupid.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sorry CI ... but that was just a childish and stupid remark. not that i give a shit what you think but i have been a notre dame fan one hell of a lot longer than most anyone else here. i've seen much better nd teams than this years incarnation but that doesn't mean i am ever sorry to see them winning, ranked and challenging. but that doesn't mean i drink the coolaid you seem to gulp down.
(A). you believe you're cute with your little taunting comments (B). but i just think you're stupid.

A. Yes I do
B. Get in line