• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA tournament thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one down. WVU 86 Bucknell 80. Game was closer than predicted. WVU started strong and held onto a small lead the whole game. Offensive rebounds and end of game foul shooting helped WVU secure the win. 5 players score in double digits.

Norte Dame is up next. They had a close one but are supposed to match up well against us. Adrian will be tired after 37 minutes today. He has been a big key to our success and will get lots of minutes again.

We made it farther than last year. It is a great day to be a Mountaineer.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God WVU was playing kenpom's 2nd lowest ranked 13 seed, or WVU would likely be heading home tonight. WVU's defense is on the skids. Can't create TO's with the press or with the half court trap.

Huggs has mismanaged the team. Carter is spent. Nathan has slowed down.

I won't be surprised if we don't see even more 1-3-1 on Saturday against ND. We can no longer defend...

Last edited:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God WVU was playing kenpom's 2nd lowest ranked 13 seed, or WVU would likely be heading home tonight. WVU's defense is on the skids. Can't create TO's with the press or with the half court trap.

I won't be surprised if we don't see even more 1-3-1 on Saturday against ND. We can no longer defend...
Let's see, it is the end of the season, the kids are tired. They are nursing nagging injuries, Beilein left the cupboard bare, oh sorry, wrong sport. We didn't win by enough, Huggins is the worst basketball coach in America. Lucky we ever win a game..........Huggins should be fired, just horrible

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you there. This team has a tendency to play in spurts. Yesterday, everybody contributed, but we still rely too much on Carter and Adrian. The Defenses has dropped off, but is still playing very well. On offense, we have no identity. Fast breaks are lacking, but rebounding saved us this last game. We have no answer for a good offensive big man and no go to big man who can put up points.

This last game is no real barometer on how we will do. This team has a tendency to play down to lesser teams and rise to the occasion against better teams. At this point of the season, I call it a big success. I did not expect to have nearly as good of a season we have with Zero NBA caliber players.

We really miss Devin Williams.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, WVU doesn't play down to its opponents. It's simply a matter of WVU's press and half court traps creating chaos and TO's. Not every opponent will have guard play vulnerable to this pressure.

I thought WVU's defense was mediocre yesterday. They gave up 80 points to a team with an offense ranked #80 by kenpom.com.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job today for the the ladies!!! Congrats on making it to the round of 32, getting hot at the right time!!! League champs and moving on in the NCAAs!! Good luck Sunday against Maryland!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game sweet sixteen

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWESOME!!! Mounties back in the sweet 16 for the third time in the past few years!!!! Keep winning, the next one will be tough!!!! Keep focused and get the W, Gonzaga hasn't seen defense like ours, and IF WVU plays our game HARD and SMART, WVU will be elite 8 bound!!! GO Mounties!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU needs to shoot 58% from the 3 for the rest of the tourney, or it will be proof Huggs doesn't know what he's doing. DAD taught me that.

The boys didn't need the TO's and extra possessions yesterday. Great win.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated to see the ladies lose today, but Maryland has a really good team, and winning an NCAA game when it was in doubt they were going until they won the B12 tourney is a great season! Hold your heads high, ladies, great season

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tourney is shaping up pretty well for us, I think, IF WVU can get past Gon on Thur, I figure we stand a good chance, how great would a WVU-UK final be? Awesome!!!