• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBC adds Bobby Mac (great) and Darren Dreger (meh)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. NBC Sports has bulked up its hockey coverage with a pair of solid hires from Canada. The network has added Bob McKenzie, the longtime TSN Hockey Insider, as a full-time contributor. McKenzie will appear regularly on NBC and NBCSN including as an in-studio contributor to NBCSN’s Wednesday Night Rivalry telecasts. He’ll also do on-site commentary at NHL All-Star Weekend, the Stanley Cup Final, and NHL draft. NBC has also added TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. McKenzie and Dreger will continue in their respective roles for TSN in Canada.

Analyzing the new NBA TV deal, NBC's new hockey commentators - More Sports - SI.com

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. NBC Sports has bulked up its hockey coverage with a pair of solid hires from Canada. The network has added Bob McKenzie, the longtime TSN Hockey Insider, as a full-time contributor. McKenzie will appear regularly on NBC and NBCSN including as an in-studio contributor to NBCSN’s Wednesday Night Rivalry telecasts. He’ll also do on-site commentary at NHL All-Star Weekend, the Stanley Cup Final, and NHL draft. NBC has also added TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. McKenzie and Dreger will continue in their respective roles for TSN in Canada.

Analyzing the new NBA TV deal, NBC's new hockey commentators - More Sports - SI.com

I don't mind Dreger for what he's good for, which is getting information almost nobody else in the league can get ie: who's talking to whom about trades etc. He's better than anything SN can offer up (if Kypreos disappeared tomorrow, I would be absolutely fine with that). But he is a corporate shill for MLSE/Dave Nonis, and as a human being I was made personally aware last spring just how much of an arrogant dick he is.

This is a huge pickup for NBCSN, though. For the first time, the American network has better on-screen talent than the Canadians do.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Dreger for what he's good for, which is getting information almost nobody else in the league can get ie: who's talking to whom about trades etc. He's better than anything SN can offer up (if Kypreos disappeared tomorrow, I would be absolutely fine with that). But he is a corporate shill for MLSE/Dave Nonis, and as a human being I was made personally aware last spring just how much of an arrogant dick he is.

This is a huge pickup for NBCSN, though. For the first time, the American network has better on-screen talent than the Canadians do.

if it comes down to Dreger (if Blob is not involved) and someone else in the industry as much as he is a douchebag Im listening to Dreger as well

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Big time moves from NBC. Game changer, really. ESPECIALLY if it means less Milbury. Or Roenick. Their talent has significantly lacked, and it shows in the production value of what they put on. Their in game stuff has slowly improved over the years, but I've watched CBC broadcasts...so I know what the best looks like. I want that.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a tag team match, 1 fall, no time limit, who would win?

Roenick/Milbury vs. PJ Stock/Glen Healy

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No disqualification or falls count anywhere? Gotta go with Roenick/Milbury.

Steel Cage Match? I'll take Stock and Healy.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Mils would deploy his secret weapon of the old brown shoe

And this is great news! Bob is way more interesting than anything NBC has trotted out there, and Dreger does seem to have the drop on new information, even if he's a shill for the Leafs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenick would be a tweener at best

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only they could add gary thorne to the b team

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only they could add gary thorne to the b team

If they could pry Gary Thorne away to do pxp my life would be so much better. I love Doc, I really do. He does a good job, and I now have many hockey memories that involve his pxp, but...Gary Thorne is the voice of my childhood hockey memories.