• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Teammate Quarterfinal Game 1: Devil vs Sushi

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVIL

1st
PG - Gary Payton - Sonics
SG - Micheal -Jordan - Bulls
SF - Meta World Peace - Lakers
PF - Pau Gasol - Lakers
C - Dikembe Mutumbo - Rockets

2nd
PG - Rod Strickland - Blazers
SG - Penny Hardaway - Knicks
SF - Latrell Sprewell - Knicks
PF - Kevin Willis - Hawks
C - Artis Gilmore - Bulls

3rd
PG Tim Hardaway - Heat
SG - Manu Ginobili - Spurs
SF- Larry Bird - Celtics
PF - Shawn Kemp - Sonics
C - Alonzo Mourning - Heat

4th
PG - Gary Payton - Sonics
SG - Micheal -Jordan - Bulls
SF - Meta World Peace - Lakers
PF - Pau Gasol - Lakers
C - Dikembe Mutumbo - Rockets

VS.

SUSHI

1st Quarter:
PG - Dennis Johnson - Celtics
SG - John Havlicek - Celtics
SF - Julius Erving - Sixers
PF - Moses Malone - Sixers
C - Robert Parrish - Warriors

2nd Quarter:
PG - Ron Harper - Clippers
SG - Otis Birdsong - Kings
SF - Dominique Wilkins - Spurs
PF - Larry Nance - Suns
C - Aryvadis Sabonis - Blazers

3rd Quarter:
PG - Jo Jo White - Celtics
SF - Rick Barry - Warriors
SF - Scottie Pippen - Bulls
PF - Buck Williams - Nets
C - David Robinson - Spurs

4th Quarter:
PG - Dennis Johnson - Celtics
SG - John Havlicek - Celtics
SF - Julius Erving - Sixers
PF - Moses Malone - Sixers
C - Robert Parrish - Warriors

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVIL - 6
SUSHI - 0

VOTED - Femur, Ritz, Shane, UK, WLK, Devil

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil has a great team and I always feel MJ is a unfair advantage and the people he added are amazing. Sushi has a very nice well rounded team and it makes this matchup close. In the end I have devil.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Devil in the 1st, 3rd and 4th and Sushi in the 2nd. I actually have this very close bc I think Sushi’s 2nd is a lot better.

I got Devil

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil. I think splitting up Moses and Chief would have worked better for sushi. JMO

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil... it’s pretty damn close though... I agree, i think if you swap Robinson and chief you win Sushi... great job both of you...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my team was middle of the road overall for this draft, but I thought I had a good matchup with Devil based on some of his lineups and I thought I had edges that I guess people didn't agree with. I thought I would lose to a bunch of teams in the 1st round, but I felt very confident in my game against Devil.

I think my second quarter lineup is a tad better than Devil's.

My 3rd lineup includes 3 of the top 50 greatest basketball players of all time, a 7x allstar point guard and 3x Allstar PF who made numerous all defensive teams. He has Larry Bird, but he's also guarded by probably the best perimeter defender ever in Scottie.

My first and 4th quarter lineup includes 5 hall of famers including two of the top 12-15 basketball players of all time, one of the best defensive PG's in history. Then I have Hondo and Parish.

I get the Jordan effect, but at some point you have to look past that. You're telling me that his edge vs Havilcek is larger than the edge I would have of Dr. J vs. Metta? Or Moses against Pau? Payton was great because he had a size advantage over most PG's, but I have another 6'4" all time great defensive point guard, hall of famer on him. Then I have Parish vs. Mutombo. Another skilled big who can score makes having Mutombo's off ball help harder to do.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my team was middle of the road overall for this draft, but I thought I had a good matchup with Devil based on some of his lineups and I thought I had edges that I guess people didn't agree with. I thought I would lose to a bunch of teams in the 1st round, but I felt very confident in my game against Devil.

I think my second quarter lineup is a tad better than Devil's.

My 3rd lineup includes 3 of the top 50 greatest basketball players of all time, a 7x allstar point guard and 3x Allstar PF who made numerous all defensive teams. He has Larry Bird, but he's also guarded by probably the best perimeter defender ever in Scottie.

My first and 4th quarter lineup includes 5 hall of famers including two of the top 12-15 basketball players of all time, one of the best defensive PG's in history. Then I have Hondo and Parish.

I get the Jordan effect, but at some point you have to look past that. You're telling me that his edge vs Havilcek is larger than the edge I would have of Dr. J vs. Metta? Or Moses against Pau? Payton was great because he had a size advantage over most PG's, but I have another 6'4" all time great defensive point guard, hall of famer on him. Then I have Parish vs. Mutombo. Another skilled big who can score makes having Mutombo's off ball help harder to do.

I will give a better break down of my vote, I really did think you had a chance to win... thing is with Mutumbo vs. Chief was a chief wasn’t a shooter from up top more than a roll/cut to the basket type of guy... Admiral would light you up from free throw line or so further... so imo Mutombo can kind of cheat off of Chief some, couldn’t do that off of Admiral...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give a better break down of my vote, I really did think you had a chance to win... thing is with Mutumbo vs. Chief was a chief wasn’t a shooter from up top more than a roll/cut to the basket type of guy... Admiral would light you up from free throw line or so further... so imo Mutombo can kind of cheat off of Chief some, couldn’t do that off of Admiral...

Yeah, I'm not expecting Parish to continually score on him, but he presents a much better secondary scoring option when Dr. J is driving to the hoop. Having another guy out there to be a reliable scorer lesses Mutumbo from being off ball too much to help. It's just about having to keep Mutumbo solid and having to have him stay at home more often.

Admiral would have definitely helped, but I couldn't swap the two due to restrictions on the top 6.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not expecting Parish to continually score on him, but he presents a much better secondary scoring option when Dr. J is driving to the hoop. Having another guy out there to be a reliable scorer lesses Mutumbo from being off ball too much to help. It's just about having to keep Mutumbo solid and having to have him stay at home more often.

Admiral would have definitely helped, but I couldn't swap the two due to restrictions on the top 6.

1st & 4th
PG - Gary Payton vs Dennis Johnson
SG - Micheal Jordan vs John Havlicek
SF - Meta World Peace vs Julius Erving
PF - Pau Gasol vs Moses Malone
C - Dikembe Mutumbo vs Robert Parrish

First quarter is really close... Hondo plays well as he is largely known as a great defender really a great 2 way player... however he is facing MJ... I think his constant motion might give Jordan problems I can easily see he and DJ taking turns on keeping up with him... Hondo is also 2 in most shots missed and pretty low shooting % for a player from his era... I think the advantage of MJ over Hondo is larger than that of DR over Artest... also Pau isn’t a bad play... his #s vs KG and Duncan are really good...

Tim - 17.1ppg/10.7rpg/2blks/3.1apg .497%
Gasol - 17.9ppg/8.9rpg/1.9blks/3apg .483%
Garnett - 19.6ppg/12.1rpg/1.5blks/4.4apg .497%
Gasol - 18.1ppg/9rpg/1.6blks/2.5apg .494%

There’s no reason to believe he wouldn’t hold his own vs Moses although I’d give a bit of a rebounding advantage to Moses... defensively I don’t see why pau wouldn’t play chief, and finger wag plays Moses... I just think his offense is going to do a little more... Jordan does have an effect but I feel I kept it to a minimum... got him winning both quarters... by 3 and 7 respectively...

2nd
PG - Rod Strickland vs Ron Harper
SG - Penny Hardaway vs Otis Birdsong
SF - Latrell Sprewell vs Dominique Wilkins
PF - Kevin Willis vs Larry Nance
C - Artis Gilmore vs Aryvadis Sabonis

Interesting matchup here... I think Nique and Nance get some easy looks from Sabonis, really all the offense can be run through him... I think Gilmore Strickland keep it close but in the end I think Fish has the advantage here by 8...

3rd
PG Tim Hardaway vs Jo Jo White
SG - Manu Ginobili vs Rick Barry
SF- Larry Bird vs Scottie Pippen
PF - Shawn Kemp vs Buck Williams
C - Alonzo Mourning vs David Robinson

This matchup here is really good... I want to call it a wash lean to Devil... while defensively Sushi has the edge, Devil will score... Bird may be covered by Pip he’s good enough and smart enough to let Manu torch Barry... at the same time he’ll keep Pip honest Kemp Hardaway would get some transition highlights... Barry will struggle some offensively with Manus flopping and shifty play... I think Devil has too much offense and just enough defense... Devil by 2...

Devil 114 - 110