• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Teammate Quarterfinal 2: Shane vs WLK

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE

1st
PG - Mike Bibby - Kings
SG - Kobe Bryant - Lakers
SF - Kevin Durant - Warriors - WC
PF - Karl Malone - Lakers
C - Tyson Chandler - Knicks

2nd
PG - John Stockton - Jazz
SG - Clyde Drexler - Blazers - WC
SF - Adrian Dantley - Jazz
PF - Chris Bosh - Raptors
C - Amare Stoudemire - Knicks

3rd
PG - Isiah Thomas - Pistons
SG - Joe Dumars - Pistons
SF - Mark Aguirre - Mavs
SF - Andre Iguodala - Warriors
C - Jermaine O’Neal - Pacers

4th
PG - Mike Bibby - Kings
SG - Kobe Bryant - Lakers
SF - Kevin Durant - Warriors - WC
PF - Karl Malone - Lakers
C - Tyson Chandler - Knicks

VS.

Flint Tropics aka WLK

1st

PG - Kevin Johnson - Suns
SG - Reggie Miller - Pacers - WC (4)
SF - Chris Mullin - Pacers WC
PF - Chris Webber - Bullets
C - Rasheed Wallace - Trail Blazers (6)

2nd
PG - Magic Johnson - Lakers (1)
SG - Mitch Richmond - Warriors (Lakers)
SF - James Worthy - Lakers
PF - Bob McAdoo - Lakers (2)
C - Vlade Divac - Kings (Lakers)

3rd
PG - Mark Price - Cavs
SG - Danny Ainge - Kings
SF - Detlef Shrempf - Trail Blazers (5)
PF - Dave Cowens - Celtics (3)
C - Ralph Sampson - Kings

4th
PG - Magic Johnson - Lakers (1)
SG - Mitch Richmond - Warriors (Lakers)
SF - James Worthy - Lakers
PF - Bob McAdoo - Lakers (2)
C - Vlade Divac - Kings (Lakers)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE - 4
WLK - 3

VOTED - Femur, Shane, UK, Ritz, Devil, WLK, Sushi

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck I want to vote against Shane but he does have a great team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my 1st and 4th much better. Love his 2nd vs my 2nd and I got my 3rd.

I got me in a close one

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty confused... no way Iggy doesn’t get killed by Cowens... and Sampson owns O’Neal... he gets a lead in the first, I take it back in the second, I own the third, he pulls close in the 4th...

Wlk - 119
Shane - 115

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty confused... no way Iggy doesn’t get killed by Cowens... and Sampson owns O’Neal... he gets a lead in the first, I take it back in the second, I own the third, he pulls close in the 4th...

Wlk - 119
Shane - 115

That lineup isn’t till the 3rd. I just don’t know how your 1st keeps up with mine imo. Reggie vs Kobe, Mullin vs KD, even Cwebb vs the Mailman. Those terrible matchups. You win the post battle in the 3rd quarter but my 1-3 is much stronger imo. I think the trio of Kobe, KD and Malone is just nasty. Great team though man. I would have liked to see more around Magic though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wlk - 119
Shane - 115
I voted for you in a tight one, but I can see it both ways. I liked Magic to get it done in the 4th

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lineup isn’t till the 3rd. I just don’t know how your 1st keeps up with mine imo. Reggie vs Kobe, Mullin vs KD, even Cwebb vs the Mailman. Those terrible matchups. You win the post battle in the 3rd quarter but my 1-3 is much stronger imo. I think the trio of Kobe, KD and Malone is just nasty. Great team though man. I would have liked to see more around Magic though.

My 2 bigs pull your bigs out, Chandler is a non factor so Sheed can help, Kobe and Malone won’t be passing, also on the flip, Kobe isn’t going to chase Allen all over the court... Allen is going to get a few clean shots, and KJ kills Bibby with your bigs being pulled out... I think you win the first, but not more than I own the 2nd and 3rd... IMO 2nd and 3rd is where the game is won...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for you in a tight one, but I can see it both ways. I liked Magic to get it done in the 4th

I can see it both ways as well but I felt he sold out on his 1st and 4th which left his 2 and 3 vulnerable... also having a team play 1 and 4 is a long sit but I don’t know how that factors in in this type of thing...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 bigs pull your bigs out, Chandler is a non factor so Sheed can help, Kobe and Malone won’t be passing, also on the flip, Kobe isn’t going to chase Allen all over the court... Allen is going to get a few clean shots, and KJ kills Bibby with your bigs being pulled out... I think you win the first, but not more than I own the 2nd and 3rd... IMO 2nd and 3rd is where the game is won...

You wish you had Allen lol. You realize he is only doing this for one quarter then he gets tp rest the 2nd and 3rd. Kobe and KD would score at will on those two. CWebb cant bang with Malone. Tyson is a rim protector and rebounder, Bibby is used as a shooter bc you will have no choice but to double Kobe and/or KD. I think I win the 1st huge and even with the mismatch for Magic in the 4th. KD can help bc Worthy couldnnt shoot.

Fyi Iggy guards Lebron, who is 6’8” 260. Cowens is runt compared to him. Iggy is a very versatile defender and underrated offensively imo

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wish you had Allen lol. You realize he is only doing this for one quarter then he gets tp rest the 2nd and 3rd. Kobe and KD would score at will on those two. CWebb cant bang with Malone. Tyson is a rim protector and rebounder, Bibby is used as a shooter bc you will have no choice but to double Kobe and/or KD. I think I win the 1st huge and even with the mismatch for Magic in the 4th. KD can help bc Worthy couldnnt shoot.

Fyi Iggy guards Lebron, who is 6’8” 260. Cowens is runt compared to him. Iggy is a very versatile defender and underrated offensively imo

Lol you’re right I meant Miller who is the original Allen but yeah my bad... KD left Okc because he couldn’t play with Westbrook, and Kobe DOES NOT pass to a guy waiting for the ball... he will pass if you’re moving to the basket and he gets caught trying to do too much otherwise he’s shooting... I think those 2 should be split imo... as for Cwebb I’d play him on Tyson who is a defender but he’s a paint defender who will have to come out as Cwebb and Rasheed both play out off the blocks...

KD vs Big Game... I give KD the edge however you realize 1 Bibby will be posted up by Magic and dime city with Magic to Worthy will be all night if you think leaving Worthy is a good idea you don’t know much about showtime... 3 of my 5 players played together when showtime was in its prime with one joining at the end in Vlade... Magic Worthy and Vlade went to the finals though... James Worthy would make it close as would Richmond once Kobe...

Iggy vs Cowens... this is a terrible matchup for him... Lebron is no Cowens and vice versa... while Cowens can’t do nearly the things Lebron can do with the ball, what he can do is rip Iggy’s arms off and shove them up his a$$ lol... he’s way too physical than Lebron ever has been or ever will be...

In the end I felt you had a hell of a team but it was a finesse team and my team is way too physical all the way around... but in today’s game clearly everyone sees the game differently... it’s the same in football though... whomever has Moss gets the biggest advantage... I see it, just don’t agree with it...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this, the 2nd quarter would be brutal lol...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it both ways as well but I felt he sold out on his 1st and 4th which left his 2 and 3 vulnerable... also having a team play 1 and 4 is a long sit but I don’t know how that factors in in this type of thing...
I thought you made a great point about Kobe/KD, which I thought of as well. On the other side, I actually think Shane has a little more overall talent, but the 4th quarter match-up of Bibby vs Magic is very one sided, and I feel KD gets wasted a little because Kobe would dominate the ball. JMO, but if Shane switched Durant and Aguirre, KD would have been maximized and I'd have voted his way. The rule where we had to split up our first six picks makes it tough though. Two good teams fellas

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got WLK here.

Think Shane wins the 1st quarter. 4th Quarter I think is close to a wash. But I have WLK winning both the 2nd and 3rd Quarters. Cowens against Iguodala in the 3rd quarter is gonna be tough to deal with. You have to double on that every time he has the ball and it opens it up for his shooters on the perimeter. 2nd Quarter lineup I think goes easily to WLK.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you made a great point about Kobe/KD, which I thought of as well. On the other side, I actually think Shane has a little more overall talent, but the 4th quarter match-up of Bibby vs Magic is very one sided, and I feel KD gets wasted a little because Kobe would dominate the ball. JMO, but if Shane switched Durant and Aguirre, KD would have been maximized and I'd have voted his way. The rule where we had to split up our first six picks makes it tough though. Two good teams fellas

I agree with the overall talent... Shane probably has the youngest team in the comp which means he has guys that do multiple things and are more athletic... but what Sushi was attempting to do here imo was make teams more “team like” in that we got prices that fit together... no way I have Stockton and Malone on my roster and not find a way to play them together... things like that, playing Kobe and KD together, playing Iggy on Cowens... all things that stuck out to me... probably more I could add and the same things can be said about my team but I’m good... just pointing out stuff since I finally get access to my phone for more than 5min lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm I don’t see it wasted as they are playing two quarters but I see your point. KD is an elite shooter and can be another guy to ball handle but I guess it doesn’t make sense to have both. I mean if Kobe scores at will no point in having KD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the overall talent... Shane probably has the youngest team in the comp which means he has guys that do multiple things and are more athletic... but what Sushi was attempting to do here imo was make teams more “team like” in that we got prices that fit together... no way I have Stockton and Malone on my roster and not find a way to play them together... things like that, playing Kobe and KD together, playing Iggy on Cowens... all things that stuck out to me... probably more I could add and the same things can be said about my team but I’m good... just pointing out stuff since I finally get access to my phone for more than 5min lol

Yeah the Kobe, KD makes sense but if Kobe draws a double then who is open? An elite shooter who can score from anywhere. I might put him in a different lineup thinking about it more clearly now LOL. Btw great team. I think it could have gone either way