• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a “basic tackle”. Nobody teaches purposefully leaving your feet to tackle. That’s bad form.

The first one in the video….is a basic tackle. Dude doesn’t leave his feet. He gets low and wraps him up just like you’re supposed to

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one in the video….is a basic tackle. Dude doesn’t leave his feet. He gets low and wraps him up just like you’re supposed to
Yeah....a lot of the other ones were like side body slams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? He does leave his feet. He goes to ground to create a sort of fulcrum to use the leverage of his body weight.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bad rule, just like horse collar tackles

Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rabble rabble rabble “pussification of football” rabble rabble rabble.

Meanwhile, participation in youth football is now 33% of what it was just 20 years ago. Where do you think this is going you morons? If parents don’t let their kids play football in youth or high school levels then there is no college football and there is no NFL. The NFL has a responsibility to make the game as safe as possible while also maintaining the physicality of the game.

Y’all maxed out playing JV soccer as a Senior in high school. You’re the epitome of a pussy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a “basic tackle”. Nobody teaches purposefully leaving your feet to tackle. That’s bad form.

A lot of the examples in that video seemed more of the suplex variety than hip drops, but they are related I guess. The suplex style is already illegal (lifting and slamming down a ball carrier).

Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the examples in that video seemed more of the suplex variety than hip drops, but they are related I guess. The suplex style is already illegal (lifting and slamming down a ball carrier).
But inconsistently legislated (the suplex stuff). This next year will be bad with them flagging things that people look at and say that’s not that bad. The goal is to eventually legislate this out of the game but that will take time. It took about 3-4 seasons of a focus on going high in the defensive backfield to change the way the secondary challenged balls over the middle. It will be the same deal here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? He does leave his feet. He goes to ground to create a sort of fulcrum to use the leverage of his body weight.

That's exactly it. Using the defenders' dead body weight to try to drag down ball carriers wreaks havoc on knees and ankles.

I do think the NFL needs to make adjustments of some sort to give some advantage back to the defenses to balance things out, but scoring drives ratings is probably all that really matters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ncaa pod system is beyond dumb

Uconn and Duke should not be playing in the same building when they’re not even on the same side of the bracket

Why does that matter?

It doesn’t.

They will be in a new pod for the sweet 16 round.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
Yep. I’m dead serious. How can you not play games and then talk about safety of the game? You do what you can to make things more safe but you play the games.

What’s funny to me is the same people bitching about more NFL games are unsafe are the same Harry Hard Ons that get riled up about load management in NBA basketball.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I’m dead serious. How can you not play games and then talk about safety of the game? You do what you can to make things more safe but you play the games.

What’s funny to me is the same people bitching about more NFL games are unsafe are the same Harry Hard Ons that get riled up about load management in NBA basketball.
OK but it goes without saying that more games = more wear and tear = more chance for injury

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK but it goes without saying that more games = more wear and tear = more chance for injury
Not necessarily if they train the right way. The discussed trade off is fewer pre season games and more regular season games. So in the end it’s the same number of contests. It’s all about how a player trains and prepares for the season.

I mean…are the playoffs unsafe? Did we talk about the Patriots being “less safe” through their dynasty years because of how many extra games they played?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily if they train the right way. The discussed trade off is fewer pre season games and more regular season games. So in the end it’s the same number of contests. It’s all about how a player trains and prepares for the season.
LOL not a single meaningful player plays preseason for exactly this reason
I mean…are the playoffs unsafe? Did we talk about the Patriots being “less safe” through their dynasty years because of how many extra games they played?
This is a weird take for you (more games =/= more chance for injuries?) but have fun with it.