• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the regular season games? Bam clearly isn't the same player he was at the start of the season. This isn't Bam from November or early December which was the 2x they played the Lakers. Also the heat as a whole got better defensively since then and the primary defender on AD in those games is now the biggest cheerleader on our bench

Why do people take into account what happened nearly a year ago? A year ago, this team looked vastly different and you could make the argument that Herro was getting adjusted to the league being he's a rookie, along with the team trying to figure out chemistry with Butler being added.

Having said that, the Lakers are going to be the favorite, and damn well should be. @tlance mapped out what the Heat needs to do. For point #3, Spo is definitely going to have to out-coach Vogel by a significant margin. If the Heat wins this series, Spo's cemented in the HOF.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter sweet, because it would be so much fun to be able to attend a Finals vs LeBron and the Lakers, but who knows if under normal conditions if the Heat would have made it without home court in any round.

We likely don't make it given we wouldn't have had home court throughout the playoffs. Having said that, this playoffs we got to see every team on a neutral court with no real advantage. For a team like the Heat, this was a benefit for sure given the aforementioned fact. For the Lakers, they were denied the luxury of having home court given they were the top seed (sans Milwaukee).

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet the house of the Lakers winning this series... but what do I know?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much as we saw in the EC
Damn... you like to rub it in, bks. :D

In fairness, I was right about the Heat's need to play a zone... I just didn't envision it being as effective as it was for significant stretches... Spo did a heck of a job coaching, and the Heat are obviously a tough-minded team that outplayed the Celtics especially in the clutch, when it mattered most.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking the Heat to win the Championship.

kiss of death fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people take into account what happened nearly a year ago? A year ago, this team looked vastly different and you could make the argument that Herro was getting adjusted to the league being he's a rookie, along with the team trying to figure out chemistry with Butler being added.

Having said that, the Lakers are going to be the favorite, and damn well should be. @tlance mapped out what the Heat needs to do. For point #3, Spo is definitely going to have to out-coach Vogel by a significant margin. If the Heat wins this series, Spo's cemented in the HOF.

Look at Murray regular season compared to playoffs...whole different player. I think especially for younger players they had time to really work and focus on their game. That's why we saw a lot of young players play at a different level, it was like another offseason.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Murray regular season compared to playoffs...whole different player. I think especially for younger players they had time to really work and focus on their game. That's why we saw a lot of young players play at a different level, it was like another offseason.

Kenny said it best before games started in the bubble. Players who were rookies is now entering the 2nd season. The break players had was the equivalent of an offseason

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a great series. I will go Lakers in 6, but could see it going either way, especially if it slips to game 7.

Should 'Cane be around any time now rooting for a COVID outbreak to cancel the finals?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the Clippers, Miami is the toughest matchup for the Lakers imo. I don’t think we will win the series tbh, but I’m not going to predict against my team. Miami in 6
You can make a pretty valid case that this is the lakers toughest matchup in the playoffs because of the other factors. Sure the Lakers other opponents were likely more talented on paper but when you look deeper then it's pretty easy to see why.

1) Spo and the staff knows Lebron more than any other coaching staff.

2) Spo is a great coach and will be prepared for everything

3) The Heat got the players on defense that can possibly make life tough on AD and Bron. They will probably get their normal points but wont come as easy as it did throughout the playoffs.

4) The Heat are deep and don't rely on 1 or 2 players to carry the offense as all the other Lakers opponents did. They can hit you with Herro, Robinson, or Dragic. Not all about Bam and Jimmy

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the regular season games? Bam clearly isn't the same player he was at the start of the season. This isn't Bam from November or early December which was the 2x they played the Lakers. Also the heat as a whole got better defensively since then and the primary defender on AD in those games is now the biggest cheerleader on our bench
It's not even that...she based her "logic" on whopping 2 game sample size. I'm not at all suggesting Bam or Butler will slow down AD or Lebron too much (no one is) but they have as good a chance as anyone from the East. Maybe even the West other than maybe Kawhi (and LAC also didn't have better options to stop Bam).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really nothing you can take from games in early November and December of 2019. The Heat aren't the team they were and obviously made roster changes.. im sure the same can be said for the Lakers
It's really not even that (but you are right)...she based her 'logic" on 2 games. Had Bam shut down AD in those games that also means little as far as what will happen in this series. Just like the Markkanen example. AD had a pretty bad game against him. Guessing he would not be your choice to stop AD over Bam.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter sweet, because it would be so much fun to be able to attend a Finals vs LeBron and the Lakers, but who knows if under normal conditions if the Heat would have made it without home court in any round.
I hear ya....would love to get fans in the stands for the Tribe/Yankee series (realize a WC round not quite NBA Finals)....but just glad we got a season and get to see the playoffs.