• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course he said that now..c'mon :pound:

I think he is truly remorseful of the way he handled things.

With Dr. Buss, Kobe and his dedication to fitness.

Shaq deal not adjust well when the game ended for him.

I'm glad he has TNT. Because, I was ........afraid for him, personally.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is truly remorseful of the way he handled things.

With Dr. Buss, Kobe and his dedication to fitness.

Shaq deal not adjust well when the game ended for him.

I'm glad he has TNT. Because, I was ........afraid for him, personally.

hell, he's part owner of the Sacramento...excuse me, ShaqRamento Kings now. I think he'll be fine...:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy at church the other day asked me why I was a Cavs fan. Told him I was really a LeBron fan and have followed him for 13 years and he said "oh, ok so what you're REALLY saying is you're a BANDWAGON fan".

See, I don't consider you a bandwagon fan, you're a player fan. Generally speaking, a bandwagon fan becomes a fan of whoever the "hot" or best team is at the time. Or they follow the local team when they are good and don't really follow the sport when they're not.

You're a player fan which is relatively new and gets mistaken for a bandwagon fan. As an older fan, it took me a bit to understand the difference. I think there are more player fans among younger fans because players have their own "brands" and are marketed more as individuals now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird bc Kobe is the definition of arrogant :laugh3:

The difference is, the majority of Lakers fans readily admit that Kobe is arrogant and make no excuses for it. Many Cavs fans and Lebroniacs on the other hand, try to excuse it, deny it or say "Well so and so is arrogant too."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are more player fans among younger fans because players have their own "brands" and are marketed more as individuals now.

Interesting. I've never heard someone make that point before. Makes sense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Social Media also plays a huge role in this as well. Just imagine the sort of trouble the older generation players would have gotten into if social media was present during their era.

Social Media allows much more access to individual players, which is why the younger generation has stronger feelings towards certain individuals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not an original thought by me. I forget where I first heard it (might have been Dan Patrick), but it makes a lot of sense.

When I was growing up and becoming a sports fan, there was local coverage of local teams and their stars. The local teams were who you saw and who you followed. They were on local broadcasts and that's who saw during the sports section of local newscasts. There very little national coverage and there was no cable, so you didn't get to see teams from around the country unless they were playing your local team or it was the playoffs. Players doing endorsement deals, etc. didn't really start taking off until Magic/Bird.

Now, we see top players all of the time and can watch pretty much every game of every team with things like LeaguePass and we see highlights of all teams rather than just local teams via SportsCenter.

tl/dr...There's a lot more choice and access now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on our way to 1k comments before the games even kick off.....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy at church the other day asked me why I was a Cavs fan. Told him I was really a LeBron fan and have followed him for 13 years and he said "oh, ok so what you're REALLY saying is you're a BANDWAGON fan".

Didn't bother me, I get it all time. I've long since accepted that label.

It was just hilarious to me in this situation because this guy is a Dallas-native "Mavs fan" who hasn't uttered a single word about the Mavs since early last season, owns 2 month-old Warriors jerseys, and has Warriors paraphernalia and decals littered all over his car.

This is the first time in LeBron's 7 Finals appearances that the opposing fanbase (generally speaking) is WAY more representative of bandwagoning than LeBron's.

I like it.

Nobody else gets to define your fan-hood.

Like Religion, people are allowed to believe, feel whatever they like.

Just don't try to force it on others.

* like others are trying to do with you*

That's why we live in America.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, the majority of Lakers fans readily admit that Kobe is arrogant and make no excuses for it. Many Cavs fans and Lebroniacs on the other hand, try to excuse it, deny it or say "Well so and so is arrogant too."

I never denied he isn't just wondering why CL didn't like him bc one of his faves is the same exact way...that's all. But obviously bc he was a Laker.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on our way to 1k comments before the games even kick off.....

555 comments since the thread was started roughly 39 hours ago. That's 14.23 comments per hour. We've got 30.5 hours left until game time. At the current pace, we'll be at 890 comments, so we have a way to go.

I'll post more stupid shit (starting with this very comment) in an effort to do my part.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
555 comments since the thread was started roughly 39 hours ago. That's 14.23 comments per hour. We've got 30.5 hours left until game time. At the current pace, we'll be at 890 comments, so we have a way to go.

I'll post more stupid shit (starting with this very comment) in an effort to do my part.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.