• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see what happens tonight.

Whatever the case may be, lets not speculate one way or another what may happen next regardless of who we may pick or related trades - this is just one part of the process.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting picks thus far....Knicks and Kings with headscratchers. May end up helping the Heat. We shall see.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow to the Heat it is

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Miami saw this coming.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Makes potentially losing Deng ok. We could be in pretty good shape as a team if we can keep Wade, Dragic an Deng. May have a chance to create some noise next year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes potentially losing Deng ok. We could be in pretty good shape as a team if we can keep Wade, Dragic an Deng. May have a chance to create some noise next year.
and Bosh! Plus, you gotta think Pat makes some sort of waves in FA market. Miami could be back in the thick of things out East.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow to the Heat had me jumping for joy. I got depressed when I saw Stanley Johnson go to the Pistons. Once I saw Kaminsky went to the Hornets, I knew Pat was going to get Winslow. Great day fellas!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick. Love it. Only 19. Bit of a tweener in the NBA SG/SF.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His primary position will be SF - then SG. His defensive skills, I think is what attracted him most to the Heat and why he is such a steal at 10. Screw anyone that wants to say anything negative about him. The heat are a team that value defense first and foremost and they got their guy. Assuming Diva gets his head out of his ass and stops asking to get over paid - he may still start games while Winslow will be coming off the bench.

Interesting stuff I read on twitter - Winslow did not even workout for the Heat - He didnt meet Pat and Spo until after he was drafted. These guys always do their thing!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His primary position will be SF - then SG. His defensive skills, I think is what attracted him most to the Heat and why he is such a steal at 10. Screw anyone that wants to say anything negative about him. The heat are a team that value defense first and foremost and they got their guy. Assuming Diva gets his head out of his ass and stops asking to get over paid - he may still start games while Winslow will be coming off the bench.

Interesting stuff I read on twitter - Winslow did not even workout for the Heat - He didnt meet Pat and Spo until after he was drafted. These guys always do their thing!

Apparently they felt he had no chance of slipping to 10.

Anyway, I read today that Dragic wants a commitment that the Heat will run a much faster paced offense.

Hopefully they get their heads out of their asses and pick up the Beasley option because he could be a lethal offensive weapon in this new supposed offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think whether they bring Beas back or not has anything to do with having their heads up their ass or anything - it will be a matter of whether they think he fits into what their plans are going forward. Beas is a risk-reward type player - that more than anything is what they will weigh and what will determine if he is brought back or not.

For the record, I think it would be great to have him back - but only if he fits in - he has shown inconsistencies when he is made to adjust his game in ways that is different from the player he really is. And what the Heat needs is versatile players at all positions. We shall see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think whether they bring Beas back or not has anything to do with having their heads up their ass or anything - it will be a matter of whether they think he fits into what their plans are going forward. Beas is a risk-reward type player - that more than anything is what they will weigh and what will determine if he is brought back or not.

For the record, I think it would be great to have him back - but only if he fits in - he has shown inconsistencies when he is made to adjust his game in ways that is different from the player he really is. And what the Heat needs is versatile players at all positions. We shall see.

The reported new offense (assuming Dragic stays), would seem to be the best fit for Beasley here, ever.

Last year on many possesions he would be asked to come out and set a high pick, then basically go stand in the corner behind the 3 point line and usually never even see the ball.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should mention we got a heck of a pick in the second round as well - The Heat accomplished what I was hoping for in this draft which was to make great use of our picks with quality players

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should mention we got a heck of a pick in the second round as well - The Heat accomplished what I was hoping for in this draft which was to make great use of our picks with quality players

I agree. They needed to solidify the 2 and the 3, and did so in this draft.