• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Championship Goes Thru TCU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't win national title with Stewart - Herald-Mail

In Holgorsen’s hiring, Luck cited the addition of TCU to the Big East starting in 2012 that will create an entirely new challenge.

“I see a rapidly improving Big East,” Luck said. “The addition of TCU is going to raise the bar for all of us in the Big East and we need to respond to that and prepare ourselves. Because I believe eventually the road to the Big East championship will go through Fort Worth and we need to be prepared to go ahead and beat a team like TCU on the road, claim a Big East championship and get to national championship consideration.”

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a look back at Luck's comments when it was announced Dana would be the HCIW, I found the above comments from the article of interest. As well as..

“I want our Mountaineer program and expect us to compete at the highest levels.”

The above comment was very similar to the words Luck used recently when discussing the retention of Dana for next year.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a look back at Luck's comments when it was announced Dana would be the HCIW, I found the above comments from the article of interest. As well as..

“I want our Mountaineer program and expect us to compete at the highest levels.”

The above comment was very similar to the words Luck used recently when discussing the retention of Dana for next year.

we got a whole lotta work to do hoping for better next year

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Luck hired Dana, WVU was in the BE. TCU posed the biggest threat to WVU's pursuit of the BE championship.

As we all know, had WVU not lost to Pitt in 2007, it would have played in the BCS NCG. Had UofL not lost to RU in '06 in OT, it would have played in the BCS NCG. Had Texas not been given an extra second on the clock in the Big 12 CCG in '09, Cincy would have played in the BCS NCG.

All BE teams had to do was position themselves for the fall of others in front of them. UofL could have been so positioned this year had it not lost to UCF.

Luck's comments about Dana leading WVU to NC's was not made with a conference like the Big 12 in mind. However, one can say... if WVU can compete for Big 12 championships... it is in a far better position now to compete for NC's than it will be a playoff system.

The next step is getting a team deep and talented enough to win a conference as deep and difficult as the Big 12.